• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NDP whining

x westie

Inactive
Reaction score
On CTV, this morning Jack Layton whining that our troops in Afghanistan are in fact in a war and that this is not in the Canadian tradition of "peacekeeping blah blah". No consideration or condolences to the fallen and their families,this guy needs a wake up call

not in the Canadian tradition of "peacekeeping blah blah".

I could have sworn that was the point that we (the Army) has been trying to push for a qhile now...  ::)

What!?

The NDP not supporting the military? When did this happen?

Jack is just upset because the BQ-Conservative axis has expelled him from the "fulcrum" position he occupied in the Martin Government. He no longer has any way to stay in the public eye, and as such, must be "anti" something to get any attention.

He reminds me of the puppy that gets upset when ignored, and pees on the rug.

To quote the Royal Canadian Air Farce - "NDP stands for "Not Destined for Power"".

MM

I have cats that pee on the carpet when they are ignored for a long time.  So maybe Layton is a p***y who pees on the carpet?
One would think a politician would at least to get the real mission of the armed forces out, and known to the public.
Heh, if the NDP got into power, after that last thing he said the CF would be called humitarian aid providers,  we would not even have a military.

+1 on being an idiot.

Jack Layton needs to wake the fuck up.

As I slowly woke from a long comfortable sleep I reached for my remote control.  Gingerly I turned on the television and switched to CTV News Net.  Low and behold the first thing I see while still in my dreary state of semi unconciousness is Jumping Jack Layton whining about the current situation in A'stan.  Tool. 

New Democrat Leader Jack Layton is one of those who are calling for a debate, or even a vote on the issue. He said the situation in Afghanistan has evolved, and Canada's involvement should be re-evaluated as circumstances change.

"We certainly don't want to become involved in a protracted war. The role of Canada being in Afghanistan was more of a traditional role, peace-making, peacekeeping, but to extend it into a more war like position -- a lot of Canadians have concerns with that position and we have concerns with that position
quote from CVTwebsite

NDP = No Defence Party
NDP = Non Democratic Party (AKA Communist)
NDP = Notoriusly Dumb Party
NDP = Never Delivery Party

The Full StoriForeign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay says he stands behind Canada's troops in Afghanistan, and said it is important to ensure the nation's support is unwavering.

MacKay made the comments on CTV's Question Period on Sunday. He was responding to critics who suggest Canada's commitment to Afghanistan should be taken to a parliamentary vote.

MacKay said Canada has pledged its support to NATO's work in Afghanistan, and intends to follow through with it. He also said that questioning the decision now could be devastating to Canadian troops who are risking their lives in the field.

"The last thing that we want to show is any wavering or any backing away from the commitment of our Canadian troops," MacKay said. "We have to be 100 per cent behind them. We have to demonstrate in every way that we support the important work that they're doing. And to that extent, this government is 100 per cent behind our troops and appreciative, incredibly appreciative of the effort that they're making."

With danger increasing in Afghanistan, and troops experiencing casualties in recent days, some are having doubts about Canada's role.

New Democrat Leader Jack Layton is one of those who are calling for a debate, or even a vote on the issue. He said the situation in Afghanistan has evolved, and Canada's involvement should be re-evaluated as circumstances change.

"We certainly don't want to become involved in a protracted war. The role of Canada being in Afghanistan was more of a traditional role, peace-making, peacekeeping, but to extend it into a more war like position -- a lot of Canadians have concerns with that position and we have concerns with that position," Layton said.

MacKay said the government is considering opening the issue for discussion, but not likely to a binding debate or vote. He said it may have been more helpful to have debated the issue before the decision was made by the previous government.

"The previous commitment did not come to Parliament in the form of a formal vote," MacKay said. "There was a take note debate. We are contemplating this issue very seriously. It's always preferable before troops are deployed to have a vote."

New Democrat MP Alexa McDonough said she doesn't challenge the country's nine-month commitment to work with NATO in Afghanistan. But said it's time to give Canadians the chance to weigh-into the debate about whether troops should be committed long-term.

"We're in a war," McDonough said. "The Canadian people have had no opportunity to be seriously represented in any serious debate about what we're doing there, let alone a vote in Parliament, so a take note debate is simply not going to do it."

Liberal MP Dan McTeague, who was the parliamentary secretary responsible for Canadians abroad under Paul Martin, said Canadians considered the Afghanistan issue when they voted in the January election.

"Canadians understand our commitment to Afghanistan has to be firm and unflinching," McTeague said.

However, he said a debate could be helpful in determining whether Canada should extend its role in Afghanistan into the years ahead.

User Tools
Print This Page
E-Mail Story
CTV WEBSITE

Link to the above article:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060303/afghan_mackay_060305/20060305?hub=Canada

GO!!! said:
What!?

The NDP not supporting the military? When did this happen?

Jack is just upset because the BQ-Conservative axis has expelled him from the "fulcrum" position he occupied in the Martin Government. He no longer has any way to stay in the public eye, and as such, must be "anti" something to get any attention.

He reminds me of the puppy that gets upset when ignored, and pees on the rug.

We call them yappy little ghetto dogs. ;)

Yikes... well, I did vote NDP in the last two elections...  :'(  But you guys are right. The military is the one area that I completely disagree with the NDP on. Like the Liberals, they view the CF as a peacekeeping force.

I find it kind of funny how Jack said we were there in the traditional role, peacekeeping/making... What was JTF doing with the other SOF?  :D

James said:
Yikes... well, I did vote NDP in the last two elections...  :'(  But you guys are right. The military is the one area that I completely disagree with the NDP on. Like the Liberals, they view the CF as a peacekeeping force.

I find it kind of funny how Jack said we were there in the traditional role, peacekeeping/making... What was JTF doing with the other SOF?  :D

Do you think that here will be a JTF if the NDP ever get into power?

Slim said:
Do you think that here will be a JTF if the NDP ever get into power?

YES, they will be called the Just Thank Friends, and they will be the world's only Tier I Special Feel Good Forces unit.

They will free fall from hot air balloons while distributing love and happiness on the point of a truck loaded with foreign aid. They will speak every language used in Canada, be half female and the other half gay and visible minority, and will never use guns, instead linking their arms in peaceful opposition to terrorism.

::)

GO!!! said:
YES, they will be called the Just Thank Friends, and they will be the world's only Tier I Special Feel Good Forces unit.

They will free fall from hot air balloons while distributing love and happiness on the point of a truck loaded with foreign aid. They will speak every language used in Canada, be half female and the other half gay and visible minority, and will never use guns, instead linking their arms in peaceful opposition to terrorism.

::)

What happens when they lose their "Mojo" baby ;D

It is true that the NDP does not have a very progressive and military friendly mindset, however to criticize a party solely on their position with the military is unfair.

True, the NDP has wavered slightly in the past election on some election promises, but so have the other parties.  The NDP will never get into power, they just don't have the support for it.  I voted for them, but would never want to see them run the country.  They are there, in my opinion, to provide the country with a social conscience, that is it.

That being said, their defence position, or that of Afghanistan for that matter, is sorely out of touch with what Canada needs.  But bringing the issue to a debate is not a bad idea.

Just my two cents

Back