• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need Information CAF Recruitment Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyoff

Inactive
Reaction score
I need some starting point/advice/opinion from knowledgeable members with recruitment background. I am facing a unique situation and I am trying to research a lot but in vain I guess and hence using this forum to at least seek some direction to reorient my research.

My understanding of recruitment system - All the trades within the CAF have a set entry standards. When an applicant applies for the CAF, he/she normally puts up to 3 choices. The merit of the application is based on number of factors - educational requirements for the target trades, CFAT test scores and cutoff for target trades, interview, medical requirements for target trades and number of positions available for that fiscal year. A merit list is compiled and offer letters sent based on number of positions and start of the BMQ/BMOQ.

Please correct me in my understanding of the recruitment process. Of course, background checks, credit checks, criminal checks, reference verification form the entire process.

My question is - Say if a person applies with an educational background which is neither an ideal nor an acceptable educational requirement for target trades, how is that application treated?

1. Does the recruiter guide the applicant to change the target trades more suited to the education?
2. Does the recruiter contact the trades authority through a personnel selection officer and seek educational waiver?
3. Does the recruiter anyway send the file up to the hiring authority?
4. Does the interviewing officer make recommendation based on interview and not educational requirement for hiring?

There is this applicant whose education is neither an ideal nor an acceptable requirement for the trade and his recruitment file shows no indication about any educational waiver etc. How was the decision made to match him to that trade? Doesn't this amount to irregular enrolment? The only documents on file are the application, educational certificates, CFAT, medical, miscellaneous questionnaire and interview notes. Please advice as to whether any steps were missed in the entire process. I strongly believe that an educational waiver is required in order for this application. I am not able to find any CFRG instructions in regards to the flow chart for recruitment. Does the CFRG have any set of instructions, orders, SOP's etc. to reflect upon the normal process that a recruiter is required to follow starting with the application until the applicant is hired/not hired and file closed?

Please provide some valuable input or direction to focus my research.

navyoff said:
I need some starting point/advice/opinion from knowledgeable members with recruitment background. I am facing a unique situation and I am trying to research a lot but in vain I guess and hence using this forum to at least seek some direction to reorient my research.

My understanding of recruitment system - All the trades within the CAF have a set entry standards. When an applicant applies for the CAF, he/she normally puts up to 3 choices. The merit of the application is based on number of factors - educational requirements for the target trades, CFAT test scores and cutoff for target trades, interview, medical requirements for target trades and number of positions available for that fiscal year. A merit list is compiled and offer letters sent based on number of positions and start of the BMQ/BMOQ.

Please correct me in my understanding of the recruitment process. Of course, background checks, credit checks, criminal checks, reference verification form the entire process.

My question is - Say if a person applies with an educational background which is neither an ideal nor an acceptable educational requirement for target trades, how is that application treated?

1. Does the recruiter guide the applicant to change the target trades more suited to the education?
2. Does the recruiter contact the trades authority through a personnel selection officer and seek educational waiver?
3. Does the recruiter anyway send the file up to the hiring authority?
4. Does the interviewing officer make recommendation based on interview and not educational requirement for hiring?

There is this applicant whose education is neither an ideal nor an acceptable requirement for the trade and his recruitment file shows no indication about any educational waiver etc. How was the decision made to match him to that trade? Doesn't this amount to irregular enrolment? The only documents on file are the application, educational certificates, CFAT, medical, miscellaneous questionnaire and interview notes. Please advice as to whether any steps were missed in the entire process. I strongly believe that an educational waiver is required in order for this application. I am not able to find any CFRG instructions in regards to the flow chart for recruitment. Does the CFRG have any set of instructions, orders, SOP's etc. to reflect upon the normal process that a recruiter is required to follow starting with the application until the applicant is hired/not hired and file closed?

Please provide some valuable input or direction to focus my research.

My spidey sense is tingling, you right as though you want answers for yourself and then switch gears and are asking about a third party, giving the impression both of you are in, and you have access to the DWAN. Yes CFRG has instructions and SOPs, and they are quite easily accesssed on the DWAN.  Beyond that I am not going to play your game or allow others to, your line of questions makes me suspicious.  If you think there is an issue, go through your chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back