• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NES while waiting for med release

meni0n

Reaction score
So got very restrictive MELs and waiting for hear from D Med Pol for a very possible med release. Been going to the reserve unit at least one parade night a month given that I cannot attend weekend exercises and such. Last parade night I attended was in end of Jan. Now got an email stating that they will be putting me on NES and asking if I want to go on ED&T. Does anyone know if going on ED&T would jeopardize the probable med release ?

If you and your CoC are following your MELs correctly, then weekend Exercises or additional training should not count toward accounting toward NES.

Ok thanks I guess I'll head in next week to write an ED&T memo. My impression was also that to be put on NES you needed to miss 5 consecutive parade nights, so I was surprised about the email since I was in in Jan and def didn't miss 5 in a row.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

In my experience, sometimes the Orderly Room will identify people as candidates for NES without talking to the members' chain of command. It might be worth getting your chain involved; an email from your boss to the Orderly Room might be all it takes to solve this problem.

Back