• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New GG Announced

I’m not sure but I think she was on the short list last time.

I think she will be a great choice to be honest!

Yes it may be more of the ‘woke’ image the PM goes for. She is female, and Inuit. But overall I think she is a great choice & I sincerely wish her the best of luck ☺️🙏🏻

Turns out having someone who’s head spins 360 degrees, crawls backwards, and screams at staff in forgotten languages isn’t great for morale, gender be damned.

I have much higher hopes for this lovely lady.

I was hoping for someone like Mary Simon last time. So I’m fine with this. Long overdue as far as someone who is indigenous.

This is good news and I look forward to seeing her continued service to Canada and all Canadians in this post.

I wish Her Excellency all the best! I think she will be an excellent representative of The Crown and I will give credit to PM Trudeau and the selection committee to have made, in my view, a principally merited assessment and appointment of Mary Simon to the GG’s post. Those who have taken even a mild interest in affairs of Arctic Nations will recognize her name and her work bridging First Nations and Canadian/Quebec interactions in James Bay is commendable, particularly as such work was decades yet from becoming an issue of the day.

And finally, I look forward to a return to empathy, respect, collaboration and consideration to the appointment of Governor General of Canada!!! 🍁 E31D556B-B78F-4DA0-AEC5-1AA383E83DAD.jpeg

A GG that doesn't speak french is going to cost the LPC a lot of promises to Quebec come election time.

A GG that doesn't speak french is going to cost the LPC a lot of promises to Quebec come election time.
They're polling neck and neck with the BQ and NDP in Quebec, I don't think there's any more coming that they weren't already willing to open the vault to buy power with anyways.

A cynic might suggest that the Federal Liberal Party actually are trying to encourage a continued revival of the Bloq, both because the BQ are proving to be reliable partners of their minority government, as well as because the soft-nationalist gun-owning rural parts of Quebec are unlikely to vote Liberal, but are at risk of voting Conservative again If the BQ fades away.

Of course, playing games with Quebec nationalism has a strong bi-partisan tradition in Canada. Lucien Bouchard was a key ally of Brian Mulroney, back in the day.

A cynic might suggest that the Federal Liberal Party actually are trying to encourage a continued revival of the Bloq, both because the BQ are proving to be reliable partners of their minority government, as well as because the soft-nationalist gun-owning rural parts of Quebec are unlikely to vote Liberal, but are at risk of voting Conservative again If the BQ fades away.

Of course, playing games with Quebec nationalism has a strong bi-partisan tradition in Canada. Lucien Bouchard was a key ally of Brian Mulroney, back in the day.

If you look at the seats the bloc hold, those in the closest races, it's between the bloc and the Liberals.

The Bloc are the main obstacle for the LPC in their search of a majority, so your theory falls a bit flat.

Circling back to the GG post and her not speaking French, I think it's far more simple than that. Quebecers likely don't give a damn about the British Queens representative in Canada.

Last edited:
To be honest, do the vast majority of people care about the British Queens representative in Canada?

I think this was a good pick though.

To be honest, do the vast majority of people care about the British Queens representative in Canada?

I think this was a good pick though.
Only when they making a mess of things, otherwise it's out of sight, out of mind.

But when it comes to the British monarchy, I think Quebecers have a extra layer of DGAF compared to the average Canadian.

Back