• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New PT Test Requirements...Thoughts?

2Cdo:

he forgets that we wear uniforms AND pay taxes. 

So,I just think of it this way: on matters of the military arts, we get two votes for every one of his! 

In effect, his opinion will be valued for what it worth -- nothing.

Well, I'm not going to educate you guys on non-standard English, and the common usage of such words as 'irregardless' to evoke emphasis, but...

What I find the most astonishing is that you all seem pretty bent on defending the inadequacies of the armed forces- the lack of physical fitness in some of its members in this case.  That seriously makes me wonder about some of you, and I just hope to hell none of you will be in the regiment I am eventually assigned to.  But then I doubt many if any of you are infantry, so I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Gosh, how could we have stumbled along in our out of shape conditions without your athletic superiority....sheesh....silly us.

Well, I am going to educte you on the use of PROPER English.  Irregardless is not a word.  Regardless is a word.  Irrespective is a word.  Irregardless is not a word and is internally redundent given that it contains two negative elements (irr and less).

You can wonder all you want about my physical fitness.  I will continue to wonder about your intellectual capacity.   

Remember fitness can be achieved.  Stupid rarely changes.

Gap pass the popcorn will ya bud my ancient out of shape body can't reach that far and this one is gettign as interesting as the "book club" debate. 8)

Sure is a deep trench he is digging.  Wonder if it is going to be a "Y" or "L" Trench with 18" of overhead cover?

Pte. Pukepail said:
Well, I'm not going to educate you guys on non-standard English, and the common usage of such words as 'irregardless' to evoke emphasis, but...

What I find the most astonishing is that you all seem pretty bent on defending the inadequacies of the armed forces- the lack of physical fitness in some of its members in this case.  That seriously makes me wonder about some of you, and I just hope to hell none of you will be in the regiment I am eventually assigned to.  But then I doubt many if any of you are infantry, so I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Note to Puckpail (how apt):

You can't evoke emphasis.  You can emphasize.  Arguably, you can invoke emphasis.  You definitely can't evoke emphasis. 

If I had to hazard a guess, you have likely been advised to *stay in your lane* more than once on this site.  That includes providing lessons on English grammar.

I find it pretty sad that your only means of defending yourself from my accusation is by attacking my improper grammar.  How about sticking with the topic here?  Look, my intent wasn't to start a flame war here, just to spark some debate regarding the issue.  The fact is, there ARE out of shape, lazy and complacent people in the service.  Okay, so I'm not officially a soldier yet, no denying that, but I know where my future is and when I'm sworn in in a few weeks, it'll be all offical, but my opinion won't change. And given that none of you have actually DENIED my accusation just serves to legitimize my point.  Do you seriously have nothing relivant to say on this issue?  If not, then fine, I'll go find another topic to usurp.  To say I'm uninformed though- look, I've SEEN it with my own eyes- people on ruck marches, so out of shape that they're grabbing onto the people in front of them to remain in step.  People that look like they haven't done PT in years.  That doesn't bother any of you?

Pte. Pukepail said:
That seriously makes me wonder about some of you, and I just hope to hell none of you will be in the regiment I am eventually assigned to.  But then I doubt many if any of you are infantry, so I'm sure that won't be a problem.
And I hope I don't find myself in yours either... then again maybe the wonders of the universe will grace us all with your eventual VR.

Pte. Pukepail said:
I find it pretty sad that your only means of defending yourself from my accusation is by attacking my improper grammar.  How about sticking with the topic here?  Look, my intent wasn't to start a flame war here, just to spark some debate regarding the issue.  The fact is, there ARE out of shape, lazy and complacent people in the service.  Okay, so I'm not officially a soldier yet, no denying that, but I know where my future is and when I'm sworn in in a few weeks, it'll be all offical, but my opinion won't change. And given that none of you have actually DENIED my accusation just serves to legitimize my point.  Do you seriously have nothing relivant to say on this issue?  If not, then fine, I'll go find another topic to usurp.  To say I'm uninformed though- look, I've SEEN it with my own eyes- people on ruck marches, so out of shape that they're grabbing onto the people in front of them to remain in step.  People that look like they haven't done PT in years.  That doesn't bother any of you?

Relevant is not spelled with an i.

You are uninformed.  You are not a serving member.  You are a family member.  You do not even have a D9er designation.  Your opinion matters not to most of us here. 

I will listen to your opinion on ruckmarches after you have completed a few.  Let me know when you been successful on your first BFT.  Until then, stay in your lane. 

I see no need to refute an illformed opinion from someone whose opinions have no merit. 

I commend you on your proper use of the word usurp, which means to 'take over or occupy without right'.  Why don't you go find another Board to *usurp*.

Pukepall,

Don't judge books by their covers.  that's what you are doing and what people are peeved about.  You are not in the military or even the infantry.  You pretty much figure that no one in this thread is an Infantryman based on what they are saying.

Those fat crap-sacks you saw?  Did you actually talk to them? Find out what they've done, where they've been?  My guess is more than you, more places than you.

I know lots of "fat" soldiers and some of them would run you into the ground.  I know a woman that doesen't look like much but would probably drop from exhaustion before giving up.  I've seen buff, cut, lean in shape individuals that gave up simply because the pressure was too much.  

Being in good physical shape is certainly important for CF members.  But being a soldier is much more than that.  So far you haven't inspired many of us here that you will achieve that.  Good on you for being in great shape.  Now you just need to work on your attitude and other qualities we are looking for.

Your physical fitness alone, although important, is not going to make you into the soldier you think you will be.

Crantor out  

Well, I'm glad there's at least someone on these forums whose not out to measure the size of his penis.

That actually has given me something to think about Crantor.

Pte. Pukepail said:
Well, I'm glad there's at least someone on these forums whose not out to measure the size of his penis.

That actually has given me something to think about Crantor.  And I do apologize if I've put people off with my attitude.  Sorry.

Pte. Pukepail said:
  Okay, so I'm not officially a soldier yet, no denying that.

Walk in the shoes for a while and then your opinion will count. Until then....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

potato

Oh since I am not involved in the debate....

Pukepail, please wind your neck in a bit. Methinks you're suffering from a case of See-red-and-mash-reply-button-itis, a common affliction with some here. It's something we are all guilty of from time to time but, usually, we get over it, especially after being given a Verbal for our previous efforts. Read the Tom Clancy or whatever thread again for emphasis on this point.

You've been given something to think about from Crantor and I suggest you take it to heart. Because those "fat sacks of crap" you so eloquently speak of may be the ones eventually teaching you what you need to know in order to have a long and prosperous career.

Note: Spare the lecture on See-red-mash-reply-button-itis not being an actual disease, it's in the Mod handbook.

For sure, and like I said I do apologize for getting way out of hand.  I want nothing more than to be among you guys, be a soldier, and it's stupid of me to make enemies (even as an anonymous entity on these forums) so close to indoctrination.  I got carried away, I admit it, and it won't happen again.

Good on you for coming clean, try not to let temper get the best of you.

Let's let it die it's death and get back to the discussion at hand.

Pte. Pukepail said:

That actually has given me something to think about Crantor.

Hmmmm.  Measuring the size of my penis???? Chances are not.

Once again you make fallacious assumptions...

Sincerely,

Ms. SamIAm.

Back