• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New recruiting numbers

Hi

Did I read correctly that there are 81 pilot positions?!

If I was to do my papers now and interview ASAP, could I still have a shot at one of those positions? Or do they fill up with prior applications first.

(BTW, I applied back in 2006 and didnt have my shot at ACS. I was just a week away before they told me too many pilot lost their jobs in commercial and came back)

If I was to do my papers now and interview ASAP, could I still have a shot at one of those positions? Or do they fill up with prior applications first.

Sorry I checked my crystal ball and you are SOL.

I'm not sure but I think what you're trying to say is "Go apply and see what happens"?

koopa said:
I'm not sure but I think what you're trying to say is "Go apply and see what happens"?

Excellent interpretation of my sarcasm.  Good Luck.

Trying for infantry here; but out of curiousity, what are the new numbers for MSE OP? If anyone had that and the air/land breakdown, it would be appreciated. Just trying to get a feel for the size of the trade.

There was a meeting last week at CFRG and the SIP numbers have changed. Most went up but some officer occupations like pilot went down, it's now at 21.

CFR FCS said:
There was a meeting last week at CFRG and the SIP numbers have changed. Most went up but some officer occupations like pilot went down, it's now at 21.
Wow...21. The competition will be fierce. Were some of those 81 positions that were mentioned earlier filled or did they simply lower the intake numbers for this year? I am just curious.

Hi!

I know BBELL asked already...  :-[  but I did not find the answer... I just found infantry NCM

Does anyone know the number for infantry officer?

thank you very much  :)

Hi, I was just browsing around and saw this topic.  I wanted to ask, and this is purely curiosity since I'm still at least a year away from applying, but is there anyone here familiar with recruiting who would have an idea how competitive NCS ENG and MS ENG occupations are for DEO?

I've seen some old DEO recruiting numbers, and these two trades were on the lower end of the list with 11 and 7 (link: http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/43872.0.html). On the other hand, it sounds to me like Navy isn't as popular as the other elements, and the jobs both require an Engineering or Science degree, so the potential applicant pool would be somewhat lower than say Infantry, plus the job opportunities for engineers in the private sector are pretty strong right now. Still, I'm a little worried because my University marks aren't great (average is low 70s) and most of my jobs don't have a lot of leadership opportunities to talk about.  As I said, this is purely curiosity at this point, but if someone has sort of general idea of how competitive or not these trades are, that would be great. Thanks.

NCS ENG and MS ENG are short of applicants so you will likely be welcomed with open arms by the recruiting centre.

CFR FCS said:
NCS ENG and MS ENG are short of applicants so you will likely be welcomed with open arms by the recruiting centre.
Thanks, that's good to know.

well since no one asked and the numbers are probably high still, whats the numbers for AVN TECH?

heres a question :

Why on earth does it matter what the numbers are ?

Trades are open, you are interested, go apply, enough said.

The numbers may assist in calculating yor odds of success, but in the end the only thing that matters is whether the trade is open or closed... 

Greymatters said:
The numbers may assist in calculating yor odds of success, but in the end the only thing that matters is whether the trade is open or closed... 

If you dont apply, odds of success are zero. Problem solved.

People, here is a free tip :

You get to put down 3 trade choices. For #1, put down the trade that you WANT. for #2 and #3, put down other options you would likely enjoy. Dont base #1 on whatever you think you have the best chance of getting in based on odds you THINK are for/against you.

CDN Aviator said:
If you dont apply, odds of success are zero. Problem solved.

True.  Putting your name in for a trade, even if it is listed as 'closed' at least gets your name into the database and might demonstrate a committed interest in that trade, rather than just spur of the moment interest, that could be worth bonus points during a selection process...

Here's a better tip.  If you are putting three choices down put down all three choices as choices you want to do.  If you really don't want the other two choice DO NOT put them down.  CFRG isn't looking at the three choices in any order of preference, they look at it as three jobs you are willing to do.  If you only want pilot then only put pilot.  If you put Pilot and Sig O then guess what?  You're probably going to get Sig O.

Back