• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next CEOTP selection board.

derael

Inactive
Reaction score
When is the next CEOTP selection board being held? I've heard so far from the Edmonton recruiting office that they are scheduled for mid September. Can anyone confirm this?

Well they've told me a lot of things....some true....some not so. :)

Just trying to confirm...and yeah I guess I'm a "little" excited. :D

hrmm would anyone know when the next IAP/BOTC for CEOTP would be as well?  ;D

I've heard the next selection board is Sep. 12, for January IAP/BOTC.

If you're applying for Infantry don't too excited, unless I'm way out of my lane here I'm pretty sure CEOTP draws from any left over DEO slots and if this forum is any indication there are a lot of people in competition for the positions.

I'm sure there was a post earlier some where around here if you search for it. CEOTP spots should be completely different than DEO if I'm not mistaken.

CEOTP is only opened when they require more personel. I think there are something like 25 infantry spots open for CEOTP this year...

CEOTP in the Reg F will only be used when “degree associated” production programs (ie,
DEO, ROTP, etc) will not be able to satisfy annual production targets. CFRG HQ will
open/close MOSIDs to CEOTP as required.

Remember assuming can sometimes produce asses.

I am currently a reserve cpl in an infantry regiment, and am 1 yr into a BA. I was wondering if anyone knew when the board sits to decide who gets selected. What is taken into consideration for selection? I'm definitely not an A student, but I am physically fit, and have a lot of drive. I was hoping to get a spot as either an infantry or a mars officer.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated

This is going to surprise some of you: the selection board was today ! Unfortunately I didnt get a call (hopefully i get it soon). As far as taking from the DEO spots, i dont believe that true. There is a reserved number of CEOTP spots per area. Toronto area had 3 i believe

Welcome back, after about 2 months off here, have been busy with study anyway.

Can anybody explain something here for me about ceotp. I started in Mississauga/Toronto 3 years ago, and move to Ottawa for a engineering program in Carleton university. I am now reading that selection board met last wed Aug 13, 2008 and assigned 3 for Toronto. 

Now in my case, I have moved my file to Ottawa where I live since 2007, so any idea if my considerations will be Ottawa or still Toronto slot, and any idea of how many assigned/selected for Ottawa. I have done reliability interview early this year in Ottawa tho. Any idea and contributions please. I have applied for pilot (ceotp).

Due to the delay or logistic problems, I get piss off with the whole recruitment but within me I still love the Canadian force and could not refuse if I am called. Any good encouragement will be appreciated.

Dejo - Similar situation here.  My file was supposed to head off to the last Selection Board (according to the CFRC), but someone handling my file didn't read it thoroughly and thought my medical hadn't been done and the file never made it to the Selection Board.

Oh well, things are figured out now.  If Sept 12th is the day, I'm looking forward to it.  Even though they may not tell me if I'm in until much later.

*fingers crossed*

grief all over the board i see. Similiar feelings here, I really wanted to get onto CEOTP training for sept or october. But I guess things are running slowly down at the office, probably alot of forms. I called today to hear that I have been merit listed, but my university marks from first year have to be assessed. JEEZ JUST ACCEPT ME! haha, good luck guys, looks like pilots are a big thing for CEOTP applicants, hopefully we all get in, meet up for a beer aswell haha

Sorry to burst your bubble. For the fiscal year 08/09 there were NO CEOTP pilot vacancies. There were only 21 for DEO and I'm willing to bet they are all filled.

If you ask your CFRC directly they should tell you what the current situation is and that you will have to wait until April 2009 to find out if there are any CEOTP positions. Hope you are patient. Best of Luck.

CFR FCS

Well, sucks to be a Pilot applicant I guess.  *crosses fingers on AEC openings*

Meeting up for a beer sounds like a fantastic plan =D

The beer sounds great! haha, I talked to  acaptain yesterday on the phone, no officer training classes till january he told me, as was the line "Dont call anymore, we'll call you if we hear back". I guess patience really is a virue, but in all honesty its hard not to pick up the phone to find out your info status. Anyways, yeh CEOTP requires patience, but the captain was saying something like go for Reserve as infantry officer, I said no on th ephone out of stubborness, but I think I might just look into it...

cheers

CEOTP is Open selection list for AEC so I would wait the time. I know AEC is still open and there are some CEOTP spots still open (at least in my area). The BMOQ list for 08 Jan 09 are now open so those dates are firm.

CFR FCS

Odd, I was told by the Captain at CFRC Vancouver to not go Reserve Infantry (that was my original choice, wasn't planning on a Forces career).

CFR FCS - Thank you for the info. My hopes are now up for January :) 

Back