• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"No Mk III boots left in the system," they said.

Steve 1 RNFLDR

Inactive
Reaction score
Haven't been able to get a pair since '08.  Yet here they are, never issued judging by the tags on 'em in the photos, and being sold off in bulk, and I'm stuck with the bloody moon boots. 

http://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=ach-shop&vndsld=1&so=DESC&sf=ferm-clos&lci=&str=1&sr=1&ltnf=1&lcn=291372&lct=L

Is yet another boot thread really required in this site?? "None in the system to be issued" is more correct.  These things were deemed obsolete and pulled from shelves years ago (even the never-issued ones).  I was a Sgt in Clothing Stores then.  We are finally getting around to selling off that obsolete stuff.  Hell, we only smelted down the last of the FNs a couple years ago.  Nothing to see here.

Wouldn't it be better to just transfer them to some CSTC for cadets to use during the summers?

I just turned my MKIIIs in for exchange. Got told I'd need to wait 4 to 5 months for a pair of replacement boots  ;D

ObedientiaZelum said:
I just turned my MKIIIs in for exchange. Got told I'd need to wait 4 to 5 months for a pair of replacement boots  ;D

Until then, wear your issued mukluks like a good soldier. No non-issued kit.  >:D

If its that much of a problem, why not buy the triwalls and be set for life?

PuckChaser said:
Until then, wear your issued mukluks like a good soldier. No non-issued kit.  >:D

Mukluks are being redesigned and are no longer being issued. have a nice winter >:D

MilEME09 said:
Mukluks are being redesigned and are no longer being issued. have a nice winter >:D

And your 10 non specific gender tent (see how correct I can be?) is worn out and there aren't many in the system.

Have a real nice winter.

Yes I just had to deal with that mukluk situation for a weekend BMQ. The range and the FTX were over the last 2 weeks. I think the word made it all the way up to 2 Can Div HQ after weeks of endless bickering and being told ''no mukluks'' by the clothing store. We got our triwall of mukluks on Friday evening just before the FTX so the troops didn't have to lose any toes. Good times.

Jim Seggie said:
And your 10 non specific gender tent (see how correct I can be?) is worn out and there aren't many in the system.

Have a real nice winter.

That enquiry from Div on behalf of 38 CBG rolled by my desk the other day and I found lots of 5 & 10 Man tents and liners in the system. 

MJP said:
That enquiry from Div on behalf of 38 CBG rolled by my desk the other day and I found lots of 5 & 10 Man tents and liners in the system.

Excellent! Now how soon do we expect them?

Thanks!

Sale over at Oakley Forces.  $200-$300 boots on sale for $49.  Running out of sizes though.

There are mk3's left in this supply system:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-CANADIAN-ARMY-PEBBLED-LEATHER-COMBAT-BOOTS-UNLINED-womens-mens-/350511810865?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item519c21c931

Give me a stock code and I can look you your MK3's.  I believe we carry some but the sizes may be limited or they may be construction boots that look like then but are a bit short and have steel toes.

Got my mk3's in '10 of course that was RMC where we only get the outdated stuff ::)

What is really scary and kind of frightens me is when you step back and look at all the symptoms as a whole

-No/Not enough boots/mucklucks
-New uniforms taking way too long to issue
-Procurement gone awry for just about everything
-T4s not being sent out/in EMMA on time
-Severance buyouts taking long time to pay out
-Reserve recruiting down to a trickle
-and the list goes on

The CAF is IMO, in trouble, exactly what kind, well the big kind. Since I own a business (farm) and work part time in a successful resort business (Corporate world), from that perspective the CAF is grossly failing in both managing funds and looking after its people. Its not just money or numbers. It is a lack of will to tackle the problems and do what must be done. Be swift and harsh if the CAF must, but deal with the problems at hand.

The boots are just a symptom of the whole problem at hand. Lack of will to deal with it and just maintain status quo.

ArmyRick said:
What is really scary and kind of frightens me is when you step back and look at all the symptoms as a whole

-No/Not enough boots/mucklucks
-New uniforms taking way too long to issue
-Procurement gone awry for just about everything
-T4s not being sent out/in EMMA on time
-Severance buyouts taking long time to pay out
-Reserve recruiting down to a trickle
-and the list goes on

The CAF is IMO, in trouble, exactly what kind, well the big kind. Since I own a business (farm) and work part time in a successful resort business (Corporate world), from that perspective the CAF is grossly failing in both managing funds and looking after its people. Its not just money or numbers. It is a lack of will to tackle the problems and do what must be done. Be swift and harsh if the CAF must, but deal with the problems at hand.

The boots are just a symptom of the whole problem at hand. Lack of will to deal with it and just maintain status quo.

Oh yes the list goes on....is there a current "rant" thread so we can list everything that us as members and veterans know whats wrong or whats right (if it ain't broke font fix it.)

However to stay on topic.

We have boots, Mk 3s are considered old but still in service, (I myself where Olive Green Rain "frog" Suit over the newer cadpat version.) Mk4 have mostly taken over plus there's safety boots, jungle boots. Cold/Wet weather boots. I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end, I'll like to think the middle man could be to be to blame however if there's no demand there's no supply, also the item managers may have been told to slow the issuing of certain boots but both case are questionable.

GreenMarine said:
Oh yes the list goes on....is there a current "rant" thread so we can list everything that us as members and veterans know whats wrong or whats right (if it ain't broke font fix it.)

However to stay on topic.

We have boots, Mk 3s are considered old but still in service, (I myself where Olive Green Rain "frog" Suit over the newer cadpat version.) Mk4 have mostly taken over plus there's safety boots, jungle boots. Cold/Wet weather boots. I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end, I'll like to think the middle man could be to be to blame however if there's no demand there's no supply, also the item managers may have been told to slow the issuing of certain boots but both case are questionable.

You work in supply and you call the new "boots, general purpose" the Mk4?

Back