• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No more rifles on drill/grad parade?

As I stated above, all cutting weapons drill from BMQ/BMOQ will lead to is pushing that onto the tight schedules at trades training, or at units that are operational all the time (eg aircraft maintainers). It’s like robbing Peter to pay Paul, in a way.

I can.

Just sayin…
game of thrones hbo GIF by Twitter

What empirical evidence is there that teaching rifle drill produces desired outcomes?
I am not speaking to just rifle drill. Just drill. And it’s concepts. You can have rifle drill or no rifle drill that part does not matter in the grand schem. Ditching drill altogether on BMQ does though.

Military training systems have been studied ad nauseam. If drill was useless you can bet that most professional fighting forces would have dropped it by now as a building block for discipline.

The Soviets took one look at clearing point drill at RRMC and said “we want no part of that”.

Iron curtain comes down. Boom.

:cool:
That or Little Ivan the Cultural Exchange Cadet partook in a round of 'Saracens vs Indians' 😉

See, you have this whole correlation/causality thing all figured out.

Plus, the X-Men needed an HQ…

I hear they had to move it becases the Peacocks were keeping them awake.

There's a difference between vigilance and terminal sleep deprivation;)

I posted this further up in the forum

Great, you found a ceremonial unit. Now do the 300,000 mobilized soldiers fighting and dying.

There are a lot of assertions being made on both sides without one bit of objective evidence or empirical data related to effectiveness and discipline. Also, I haven't seen a convincing distinction made between drills at large (some of which are important), battle drill (which is what army small unit manoeuvre is built upon), and ceremonial drill, which is really a form of vestigial battle drill. If we have battle drill, what forms of ceremonial drill, and how much, are worth maintaining?

Great, you found a ceremonial unit. Now do the 300,000 mobilized soldiers fighting and dying.

There are a lot of assertions being made on both sides without one bit of objective evidence or empirical data related to effectiveness and discipline. Also, I haven't seen a convincing distinction made between drills at large (some of which are important), battle drill (which is what army small unit manoeuvre is built upon), and ceremonial drill, which is really a form of vestigial battle drill. If we have battle drill, what forms of ceremonial drill, and how much, are worth maintaining?
How many mobilized troops for the Alberta fires are doing drill right now? Be realistic.

People are making assertions about drill on BMQ and somehow equating that with what the CAF does on a daily basis everyday all day. Because they were likely tasked or asked to do a parade maybe once or twice a year and didn’t like it.

Wouldn't it be cool if we modernized ceremonial drill to be more like battle drill 😎

Back