• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

November 2015: Paris Bataclan attack/hostage taking

opcougar said:
Look at how much good that did in Iraq. Yes Saddam was captured, but that didn't exactly solve the issues there

No coralation.  opcougar Is this your solution?  :peace:

Hamish Seggie said:
Then what's your solution? Let them set up camp and have tea and crumpets win them and hope they don't try to slit our collective throats?

Their aim is clear - radical fundamentalist Islam is bent on either converting all of us or killing those that won't convert. There is no negotitation to be had with them.

You cannot win a war by air power and drone strikes.

Quite right.Its tough to say this but this refugee migration/invasion from the middle east cannot be allowed.They are a security threat to every country that takes them in.France and Germany already have large unassimilated muslim communities,with Sweden not far behind.

opcougar said:
Look at how much good that did in Iraq. Yes Saddam was captured, but that didn't exactly solve the issues there

Well, oh great and wonderful oz, you're always ready to shout how this or that won't work.  I don't hear much from you on what's your brilliant stratagem to defeat ISIS once and for all.

ISIS like to revive barbarian practices.  Perhaps we need to revive those of the Roman Empire.  You can't fight jihadists with 21st century western sensibilities - they set the ground rules.  We are stuck for better or worse playing by them unless we want to completely withdraw from the fight.

opcougar said:

Well it killed Saddam so that solved one issue.

Boots on the ground would stop the ISIS threat. Extended line and advance from one side to the other.

Now we are talking......as well as ISIS, lets extend the courtesy to murderers / killers, paedophiles, drunk drivers who kill people in this country.

cavalryman said:
ISIS like to revive barbarian practices.  Perhaps we need to revive those of the Roman Empire.  You can't fight jihadists with 21st century western sensibilities - they set the ground rules.  We are stuck for better or worse playing by them unless we want to completely withdraw from the fight.

opcougar said:
Now we are talking......as well as ISIS, lets extend the courtesy to murderers / killers, paedophiles, drunk drivers who kill people in this country.
Done :nod:
One of my colleagues was killed by an idiot at the wheel of a truck last week, leaving his kid in hospital with many big surgeries in her future.  No sympathies here whatsoever.

opcougar said:

You still have not presented your solution. You've only criticized others.

I fear less what "they" will do to us than what we will do to ourselves.

opcougar said:

The CCC is in place to deal with all those situations. 

The CCC does not apply to ISIS forces outside our boarders.

See the difference there?

It will only be fair. I mean if we have born and bred Canadians killing people here, why shouldn't they get the same treatment as ISIS vice just locking them up in prison wasting taxpayers dime.

cavalryman said:
Done :nod:

dapaterson said:
I fear less what "they" will do to us than what we will do to ourselves.

And that is a very valid point. We seem to have a number of "fifth columnists" or "useful fools" that excuse and apologize, and legitimize ISIS

opcougar said:
It will only be fair. I mean if we have born and bred Canadians killing people here, why shouldn't they get the same treatment as ISIS vice just locking them up in prison wasting taxpayers dime.

The difference is that our "born and bred Canadians" don't subscribe to a policy of beheading those that don't agree with them.

Seriously, you need to shake your head.

opcougar said:
So we agree.  Good to see.

Running a whole family down with your car i.e taking their lives in your book is OK compared to ISIS killing people? Sounds like you condone say a farmer firing on RCMP officers, biker gangs killing people, drug dealers killing people in Vancounver, and rick kids killing a whole family and looking to get off scott free. If it was your family, I guess you will just turn the other cheek?

Hamish Seggie said:
The difference is that our "born and bred Canadians" don't subscribe to a policy of beheading those that don't agree with them.

Seriously, you need to shake your head.

Hamish Seggie said:
And that is a very valid point. We seem to have a number of "fifth columnists" or "useful fools" that excuse and apologize, and legitimize ISIS

There may be, but I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of tarring all Muslims with the ISIS/jihadist broad stroke. 

Shades of the forced resettlement of Japanese-Americans in WWII and all.

opcougar said:
Running a whole family down with your car i.e taking their lives in your book is OK compared to ISIS killing people? Sounds like you condone say a farmer firing on RCMP officers, biker gangs killing people, drug dealers killing people in Vancounver, and rick kids killing a whole family and looking to get off scott free. If it was your family, I guess you will just turn the other cheek?

Despite your rantings I shall attempt to be civil with you. In fact, I will be civil with you.

I've lost two children, one to a car accident and the other KIA in Afghanistan. I've also lost friends in car accidents and in Afghanistan.

Criminal acts that you have described above are Criminal Code Offences and are prosecuted as such.
ISIS and AQ are clear - they mean to destroy our civilization and replace it with the caliphate.

There is a difference, whether you believe it or not.

opcougar said:

WTF are you talking about? Trying to read your posts feels like bear marching on purpose.

opcougar said:

it's as okay as the CCC and our courts let it be, if you, you know, follow our laws and stuff.

You've done it; you've convinced at least me that you need to FOCUS.

^-^

Back