• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NSN's

genesis98

Reaction score
Okay say I'm trying to get my QM to order something in, but I don't know the NSN for it and don't have any documentation about the item but I know it's available how do I go about getting the NSN so that my QM can order it in.

There's a CD-Rom catalogue of all things NSN, I believe you can search it by NSN, Description, and some other variables, too.  Talk to a supply tech about a search for it, and don't be suprised if you don't get what you wanted the first time around...the descriptions can be a bit vague.

DF

There is also a web site if you have access to the DIN. I will try and find it over the next few days .. (Really busy right now ... Radar maintenance) If I can, I will PM you with it.

ParaMedTech said:
There's a CD-Rom catalogue of all things NSN, I believe you can search it by NSN, Description, and some other variables, too.   Talk to a supply tech about a search for it, and don't be suprised if you don't get what you wanted the first time around...the descriptions can be a bit vague.

DF

It is called the CGCM-Canadian Government Catalogue of Materials and is on the DIN.

McNutt

cgcm is also available online from the dnd intranet. you can find it in dmmd (directorate of material management and distribution) publications

The CGCS (Canadian Goverment Catalog System)(IIRC) is a much easier system to use.It's essentially the same as the CGCM but it also includes all goverment agencies and is more user friendly.Unfortunatly,its only availible from the DIN,and probably only availible through a supply or Maint computer easily.Check your networks "logistical" programs,it should be there.

Back