• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

This individual is definitely one of the few who give some people a bad impression of the entire CIC.  Which is unfortunate.  People in the military do like to get out the ruler and compare themselves to other people, and you get the loud people from some elements hating on other elements because there course is two weeks shorter, or they got put in a position where they didn't leave the FOB very often.  Some of the things that I have heard over the years have been ridiculous.  I think that if CIC weren't officers they would have a much more difficult time dealing with some members of the military.

Eye In The Sky said:
The suspense is killing me!!!!! 

(1) Kit-explosions

(2) Geographically-challenged

(3) Land Navigation Experiments

(4) Lt Ring, from Heartbreak Ridge

Am I close?

(I kid!  I kid!)

LOL, the unsaved edit to add the promised detail...re-entered. ;)

Kilted said:
This individual is definitely one of the few who give some people a bad impression of the entire CIC.  Which is unfortunate.  People in the military do like to get out the ruler and compare themselves to other people, and you get the loud people from some elements hating on other elements because there course is two weeks shorter, or they got put in a position where they didn't leave the FOB very often.  Some of the things that I have heard over the years have been ridiculous.  I think that if CIC weren't officers they would have a much more difficult time dealing with some members of the military.

No advertising is bad advertising.

If the CIC play this the right way it could result in a a huge uptick in applications :)

daftandbarmy said:
No advertising is bad advertising.

If the CIC play this the right way it could result in a a huge uptick in applications :)

That is true, I hope the CAF uses this as an opportunity to educate the public about the military, for one to show that this guy was right out in left field and has almost no military experience, but also to build on what has mostly been a pretty good PR year (with the exception of the guys crying wolf, and the guy who tried to kill the PM).

I'm here all night and starting Christmas Leave soon, if you're inclined to continue some more informal PD.

I think you're missing the point.  The point was not to chop logic on word definitions, the point was to narrow down that you respect the position, appointment or commission as delineated by the Canadian Forces, not the person (as stated, the Officer).  I didn't think that was going to be terribly controversial.  But hey, maybe I've learned something.  I'll have to see how it plays out elsewhere.  Perhaps my precision in formulation needs work.

I just watched the actual 'speech' he gave at the parade.

I watched the whole thing - him puttering along with what looks like an Itlis, right up to him giving his speech.

As I watched this, my jaw literally dropped.  I watched in utter shock.  This guy wore WEBBING with his Cadpat, and brought a HELMET with him!?  :facepalm:    I laughed when I could, but my mouth was too busy gaping open for me to do much else  ::)

(I also loved that he had a police unit following right behind him in the parade, and it still didn't dawn on him that 'maybe this was a bad idea?')

Kilted said:
That is true, I hope the CAF uses this as an opportunity to educate the public about the military, for one to show that this guy was right out in left right field and has almost no military experience, but also to build on what has mostly been a pretty good PR year (with the exception of the guys crying wolf, and the guy who tried to kill the PM).

FTFY.  ;)

MilEME09 said:
If he is even a member to begin with. If he isn't, I expect criminal code charges and a press release stating that he isn't currently a member of the CAF.

I have it on good authority that he is untrained, is listed as NES (non-effective) and is in the process of being released.  He has apparently "returned" his kit very recently.  ;).  Hopefully this little bit of noise has passed. 

gwp said:
I have it on good authority that he is untrained, is listed as NES (non-effective) and is in the process of being released.  He has apparently "returned" his kit recently.  ;).  Hopefully this little bit of noise has passed.

Doesn't matter. The moment he donned the uniform, he became subject to the CSD, NES notwithstanding. Me, I'd throw the book at him if only pour encourager les autres.

ModlrMike said:
Doesn't matter. The moment he donned the uniform, he became subject to the CSD, NES notwithstanding. Me, I'd throw the book at him if only pour encourager les autres.

Even if released now if it happened before all documents were done CSD applies and you can be charged even after release.

I think we often cave in to expediency and release problem cases without fully punishing them for a number of reasons including expediency and "optics/Toronto Star" test. We also give people more favorable release items than they deserve IMO.

He misrepresented himself as a soldier and he's a bone head. In this guys case I hope he gets the book thrown at him, learn towards the maximum scale of punishment.

Even if it was only 15 days in Club Ed, it would be better then what he probably will get. I'm tired of seeing some people do whatever they want and not facing any real problems. He might get kicked out, he was in the process of doing that anyways. Maybe that's what he's hoping for so that he can look like a martyr.

Kilted said:
Even if it was only 15 days in Club Ed, it would be better then what he probably will get. I'm tired of seeing some people do whatever they want and not facing any real problems. He might get kicked out, he was in the process of doing that anyways. Maybe that's what he's hoping for so that he can look like a martyr.

In a hypothetical case where he was tried, convicted and sentenced to Detention in Edmonton, I can just about guarantee that the guards there are experts at knocking the “martyr” out of someone...

Kilted said:

People who have been doing Navy League longer than I have mentioned that generally the military treats them better as they are volunteers in uniform, whereas the CIC officer is a paid commissioned rank, so the expectation of performance and knowledge is higher.

Best thing to see is a CIC officer at a parade attempting to swing his dick around by trying to dump on the Navy League. He didn't realize that of the 3 of us standing in front of him in our NL uniforms, one was a Reg force Chief Petty Officer, 2nd class, a RCMP member and myself a ex-Reserve Sgt. The CPO quietly and efficiently corrected said CIC officer as to his value in the world. You think the CIC officer would have twigged to a NL Officer having a substantial rack on his chest as a warning, but nope.  ;D

Colin P said:
People who have been doing Navy League longer than I have mentioned that generally the military treats them better as they are volunteers in uniform, whereas the CIC officer is a paid commissioned rank, so the expectation of performance and knowledge is higher.

And so goes the ridiculous and discriminatory pecking order brought on by generalizations, ignorance, bias, attitude, and stupidity that is a threat to everyone's glass house.  There are those that would consider musicians, chaplains, legal and medics, not real military.  Then there is the reserve/regular pecking order followed by dnd civilians and of course the reserve subcomponent pecking order that you can roll the dice as to determine which is on top.  It's all just dumb unfortunate human nature to belittle and diminish "the other," when each is just trying to do what they do with the resources they have.   

UPDATE. I cannot link the article due to the officer, but the Ottawa Citizen reports that numbnuts has been charged with a mutiny related offence; 81(b) NDA as far as I can tell.

81 Every person who

(b) endeavours to persuade any person to join in a mutiny,

is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to imprisonment for life or to less punishment.

UPDATE. I cannot link the article due to the officer, but the Ottawa Citizen reports that numbnuts has been charged with a mutiny related offence; 81(b) NDA as far as I can tell.

81 Every person who

(b) endeavours to persuade any person to join in a mutiny,

is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to imprisonment for life or to less punishment.
I am sure that someone will correct me I don't think that a mutiny charge has been laid since the late 1940's in the RCN.

Back