• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

During the past 3 months? No. I called yesterday and asked what happened. No explanation, but advice as to what to do.

Just reapply. No details, as to how. I had to ask around (see my previous thread).

Revoke GCKEY and make a new account (GCKEY). Reapply, allowing you to change or add things that you couldn't before, if needed.

I'm waiting for the email which may or may not arrive until Thursday, Friday, or Monday.

I understand I may have a long wait ahead of me, I was just confused due to being told two different things and then my application being sent back. Turns out everything was in order, I received an email today asking me to call the 1-800 number to book my appointment for initial processing. Looks like my application is on it's way. Now I will be patient!

I called them and asked if I should make an appointment, he told me to just walk in. It's not that busy. I'm like "ok".

Maybe that's just Toronto.

Good day,

I am a long time reader, first time poster. I had submitted my application into the reserves on the 11th of December 2013, and I have just received confirmation to call in and book my CFAT.

From this point, I am wondering where BMQ will be held for the Reserve Artillery bunch, I haven't been able to get that information out of the recruiters yet. So if anyone could shed some light on that, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

cadetdrobert said:
Good day,
I am a long time reader, first time poster. I had submitted my application into the reserves on the 11th of December 2013, and I have just received confirmation to call in and book my CFAT.
From this point, I am wondering where BMQ will be held for the Reserve Artillery bunch, I haven't been able to get that information out of the recruiters yet. So if anyone could shed some light on that, that would be much appreciated.
Regards,

I hope that you read the statement on the forces.ca website "before" you applied that says "*** If you are interested in joining the Reserves, your first step is to contact one of your local Reserve units to find out which positions are available. They will work with you to identify a job, fill in all the required application forms, and advise you through the process."

If you have NOT already been in contact with a local Reserve Force Unit, your application will most likely not be going anywhere.  If you have been in contact with a local Reserve Force Unit, then they will be the only ones who can actually answer this type of question.

Hello, I would like to apply to join a reserve unit in my city and I was just wondering how to do so. I was recently at a CF recruitment center and they gave me contact information for the different reserve units. I contacted a unit that interested me by leaving them a message, there is also an address is there an on site recruitment office or should I just wait until they contact me? Also what is the application/recruitment process like to join a reserve unit?

Thanks!
M.R.

www.forces.ca  Click on "Apply Now" and look at "Step 1", which says.....

*** If you are interested in joining the Reserves, your first step is to contact one of your local Reserve units to find out which positions are available. They will work with you to identify a job, fill in all the required application forms, and advise you through the process.

Don't bother submitting an 'OnLine Application" until you have been in contact with a local Reserve Force unit or your application will not go anywhere.

To find other Reserve Force Units in your area ----->  http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruiter-110

There are "tabs" once you get to the proper page, so use them.

Yes I saw that thank you for clarifying I guess I will wait until they contact me.

Thank you
M.R.

Roy16 said:
Yes I saw that thank you for clarifying I guess I will wait until they contact me.

Thank you
M.R.

Do NOT wait any more than a week at most.  If you are interested in the Reserves, you need to get intouch with tme as soon as you can.

So you recommend calling back if they do not return my call within a week? I spoke on the phone with a Sergeant from the unit but he told me to leave a message to another number because that person was in charge of recruiting and I left that person a message. There isn't any hours indicated on the sheet that the recruitment center gave me it only says Tuesdays which is today.

M.R.

Roy16 said:
So you recommend calling back if they do not return my call within a week? I spoke on the phone with a Sergeant from the unit but he told me to leave a message to another number because that person was in charge of recruiting and I left that person a message. There isn't any hours indicated on the sheet that the recruitment center gave me it only says Tuesdays which is today.

M.R.

Absolutely.  Early bird catches the worm.......

DAA said:
I hope that you read the statement on the forces.ca website "before" you applied that says "*** If you are interested in joining the Reserves, your first step is to contact one of your local Reserve units to find out which positions are available. They will work with you to identify a job, fill in all the required application forms, and advise you through the process."

If you have NOT already been in contact with a local Reserve Force Unit, your application will most likely not be going anywhere.  If you have been in contact with a local Reserve Force Unit, then they will be the only ones who can actually answer this type of question.

I did read thoroughly through the forces website. I have been down to my local unit multiple times to visit the recruiter there, and multiple visits to the CFRC as well. My application has been submitted with the help of my recruiter at my local unit, and I have since been dealing with the CFRC regarding advancements in my application. I have picked my trade and confirmation was given that there is multiple positions available for it.

I was advised by a fellow member of the forces that I should bug the recruiters till I get a date, or else things can take over a year. CFRC's primary concern is reg force, and reserves are stacked under it seems. I'm okay with being patient, but when things are standing still I check up every so often. I went in this past week and talked to the recruiter and went in again till I got the confirmation my file came back. Now I have been scheduled in to write my CFAT on the 18th of March 2014.

cadetdrobert said:
I did read thoroughly through the forces website. I have been down to my local unit multiple times to visit the recruiter there, and multiple visits to the CFRC as well. My application has been submitted with the help of my recruiter at my local unit, and I have since been dealing with the CFRC regarding advancements in my application. I have picked my trade and confirmation was given that there is multiple positions available for it.

I was advised by a fellow member of the forces that I should bug the recruiters till I get a date, or else things can take over a year. CFRC's primary concern is reg force, and reserves are stacked under it seems. I'm okay with being patient, but when things are standing still I check up every so often. I went in this past week and talked to the recruiter and went in again till I got the confirmation my file came back. Now I have been scheduled in to write my CFAT on the 18th of March 2014.

It's the Recruiter from the local Res F unit that drives your application process, so you need to deal with them and not the local CFRC.

DAA said:
It's the Recruiter from the local Res F unit that drives your application process, so you need to deal with them and not the local CFRC.

Thanks BAA,

I was however told the opposite. Once the file is processed then once past all the steps they forward it to your unit, and they pick the people from there. Shed some light to this?

cadetdrobert said:
Thanks BAA,

I was however told the opposite. Once the file is processed then once past all the steps they forward it to your unit, and they pick the people from there. Shed some light to this?

Reserve Force units only hire people, when positions are available.  They sometimes have deadlines and need their applicants enrolled by certain dates inorder to line up with the training plans (ie; BMQ, etc).  Generally, CFRC's will not process a Reserve Force application, without the consent or direction from a Reserve Force Unit, which could be via an email or a letter saying "We need cadetdrobert fully processed by XX XXX 2014 inorder for them to attend upcoming BMQ."

Then it's up to the CFRC to do their job but at the sametime, the Reserve Force Recruiter needs to stay on top of them to make sure this gets done and you, as the applicant, need to stay on top of your Res F Recruiter to make sure things are being pushed along.  Once everything is completed at your local CFRC, the entire file is returned to the Reserve Force Unit for "enrolment" procedures and you're on your way!!!

I visited the reserve unit yesterday and got a quick interview he then gave ma a letter saying that he interviewed me and that my application was ready to be processed. I have to show that letter to the CFRC along with the forms.

I have another question and it might be off topic for this thread but I am currently a University student and was just wondering what the weekly salary is for a new recruit. I would love to join but I need to be able to make enough money for me to afford rent and everything else. That is the only thing keeping me from sending my application. I currently have a part-time job and I make about 200$ a week which is enough for me. Would I be making close to that with the reserves?

I visited this link http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/ncm-class-a-b-service-rates.page? that describes the pay scale but I don't get it. It says 90.30 for 6 hours of training or more?

Roy16 said:
I visited the reserve unit yesterday and got a quick interview he then gave ma a letter saying that he interviewed me and that my application was ready to be processed. I have to show that letter to the CFRC along with the forms.

I have another question and it might be off topic for this thread but I am currently a University student and was just wondering what the weekly salary is for a new recruit. I would love to join but I need to be able to make enough money for me to afford rent and everything else. That is the only thing keeping me from sending my application. I currently have a part-time job and I make about 200$ a week which is enough for me. Would I be making close to that with the reserves?

I visited this link http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/ncm-class-a-b-service-rates.page? that describes the pay scale but I don't get it. It says 90.30 for 6 hours of training or more?

That is correct.  If you work a full day, you get $90 approx.  If you are in on a week night for less than 6 hours you will get $45 approx. for a 1/2 day.  There are no hourly or weekly rates of pay.  When you start your Basic training, you will be paid a 1/2 day for Fridays, and full days for Saturday and Sunday.

If your read the threads on the Pay Scales, you will get more answers.

Back