• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Hey Guys one quick questions.
I have an interview on March, and If I make it in I just want to know when it would be at the earliest.
Basically I am wondering when is the approximate starting date of the 1st Basic Military training after March?

Thanks !!!

Roy16 said:
just wondering what the weekly salary is for a new recruit.

There is, for the bulk of Reservists, no "salary". Class A (part-time) Reservists are paid only for those times when they are on duty, which is typically one or two nights per week and one or two weekends per month. A weekend, then, will get you approximately $225.00.

It was $3.00 per half-day and $6.00 per full-day when I started.

Hey there,
So I am 34yrs old and I have my CFAT in a week. I'm a little late in the whole process of things But have been researching everything for about 8 months, also moderately refreshing my math, verbal/vocabulary and spatial skills. I am more of a visual/ hands on learner so obviously this test is a major concern to me. I am  applying for Combat Engineer and will have no problem meeting the physical requirements and am somewhat prepared for my interview which I will work more after.
What my major concern is my uncertainty of the scores need to be acceptable to pursue my career as a Sapper. I am completely aware of the understanding that the test can not be actually discussed in detail, although I am having trouble finding the proper degree of information needed to surpass this obstical.  I have been reviewing " intro to algebra" For College prep. researching online which I have found multiple app-on multiple website with different degrees of study questions. Are there any sites that are focused on practicing for the CFAT that are not American, and that would follows a more conventional guideline of the CFAT. The sample questions given in the PDF are obviously ridiculous samples that would never prepare you for the real thing. If anyone could help with this I would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers ;D

My concept, study anything related to Gr 10 Math.  But you can always look at these links, which are not guaranteed.....

(GRT - Graduate Recruitment Test, a bit tougher but great practice, helped me immensely with the CFAT)
http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc-cpp/test-examen/grt-erd/index-eng.htm
CF practice apptitude test
http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/preparing_for_aptitude_test_en.pdf
khan academy
http://www.khanacademy.org/

Thanks,
I know assistance in minimal, I appreciate the help. those should be better then what I've found.

Van Gogh said:
Hey Guys one quick questions.
I have an interview on March, and If I make it in I just want to know when it would be at the earliest.
Basically I am wondering when is the approximate starting date of the 1st Basic Military training after March?

Thanks !!!

Anyone ?

Van Gogh said:

Check here or head to a local psychic.... 
CrystalBall1.gif

Seriously, no one can give you a definitive answer to your question.

PMedMoe said:
or head to a local psychic....

I swear I read that as "Physician". I'm like... Why would he know the date BMQ starts?

Loool

hello i just want to ask how long it takes for the recruiters to contact me back for medical appointment after passing the cfat. I took the test on jan 29 and still havent got any calls or emails. Will they contact me regardless of the outcome of my application??

PMedMoe said:
Check here or head to a local psychic.... 
CrystalBall1.gif

Seriously, no one can give you a definitive answer to your question.

My question was not related to how long I in particular would have to wait.
Its about how often the basic military training happens and at what dates, they can't be happening on on-going basis can they ???
So, anyone know when the start dates for Basic military training in 2014 are ?

sk115 said:
hello i just want to ask how long it takes for the recruiters to contact me back for medical appointment after passing the cfat. I took the test on jan 29 and still havent got any calls or emails. Will they contact me regardless of the outcome of my application??

Going to sort of burst your bubble here, from what I heard there is a new process in which everyone can do the CFAT, but don't quite make it to the Medical/Interview. Apparently some recruitment centers are doing it this way and some aren't, hopefully your recruitment center isn't following this and just like I hope mine isn't following this. I was told by the career counselor and recruiter that right now they are continuing processing my application, and they will be calling my references so I should apparently hear back from them within a month or so.

Van Gogh said:
My question was not related to how long I in particular would have to wait.
Its about how often the basic military training happens and at what dates, they can't be happening on on-going basis can they ???
So, anyone know when the start dates for Basic military training in 2014 are ?

Two BMQ courses of 60 each, every two weeks, sometimes every week, sometimes 3 courses of 60 each.  It varies throughout the year.

How long can you Stay on Merit list if you score lets say a mid level on your aptitude test. 60's-70's for example?

DAA said:
Two BMQ courses of 60 each, every two weeks, sometimes every week, sometimes 3 courses of 60 each.  It varies throughout the year.

Since Van Gogh has applied for Log O, the schedule for BMOQ would be more pertinent.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Since Van Gogh has applied for Log O, the schedule for BMOQ would be more pertinent.  ;)

For BMOQ (DEO Serials), it's roughly every two-three months, give or take.

DAA said:
For BMOQ (DEO Serials), it's roughly every two-three months, give or take.

IT that for everyone including civilian, or just ROTP's. Or does that only determine the result of the end date?

ready2go said:
IT that for everyone including civilian, or just ROTP's. Or does that only determine the result of the end date?

BMOQ serials are broken down by entry plan.  So there will be BMOQ serials just for DEO Officer applicants and then separate serials for ROTP applicants.

Hey, I was wondering if there is a specific fitness requirement before joining the forces? I'm 17 and this summer I am joining a fitness center and planning to stay there until I finish my last year of high school. I was also wondering if I need any specialized physical training before applying to become a pilot?

Back