• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

JMei001 said:
Haha ya, the theme that the 'questions about your application' thread is useless and every answer is contact your CFRC [emoji23] got the idea tho

This thread is for generic questions.  You are asking a specific question about your file.  Unless I pull up your information in CFRIMS (which I can't do based on the information you've given), then no one but your CFRC can answer your question.  The pre-assessment is happening concurrently with your application, so there is no "set" time that it would be completed in the process.

Buck_HRA said:
This thread is for generic questions.  You are asking a specific question about your file.  Unless I pull up your information in CFRIMS (which I can't do based on the information you've given), then no one but your CFRC can answer your question.  The pre-assessment is happening concurrently with your application, so there is no "set" time that it would be completed in the process.
It's passed now, but regardless I still really appreciate everyone's answers, medical is booked for 15th, interview the 13th force test the 13th, and they've called all my references! Woo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to know a couple things, basically I need to know how long the application takes in total, I'm starting grade 12 and would like to try to get in the forces like 3-4 months after high school ends. Also I wanted to know if you can do a pre medical exam type thing... lol idk. Basically I have a lazy eye and I just wanted to know if my vision will be good enough to join, I'd rather find out sooner at a recruiter than to get my hopes up for like 10 months until I'm ready to apply to get a no. And last question is how much experience do I need; I'm just thinking about joining infantry so as it stands I've had no jobs, I'm not taking grade 12 math. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to Army.ca, DylanDaD3vil

You will never know if you meet the enrollment standards or not until you undergo the application process. Nobody here has conducted an examination on you, and nobody here is in a position to make a decision based upon its imaginary results.

You will never know how long it takes you to get in until you undergo the application process. Everybody is different. There is a thread here that gives many examples of people's timelines.

You did not specify whether you were interested in the Regular Force (full-time) or Reserve Force (part-time). That makes a big difference.

Take some time and explore this Site. Your questions have been asked and answered before, sometimes many times. There is no need to rehash them. The information is there, in existing threads, for your plucking. As you conduct your explorations, you will likely find answers to questions that have not even occurred to you yet.

Should you, after an honest and exhaustive effort, not find an answer to a question, please feel free to ask it. We are a helpful bunch, but we expect people to do their homework first.

Happy reading...

DylanDaD3vil said:
I need to know how long the application takes in total,

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/24849.0.html
4 pages.

etc...

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date information.

I was informed that my file is "awaiting final processing" from the det comm, does anyone have any knowledge on how long this process takes? I've done searches with a variety of different search strings (mariomike ;)) but only find people who have said that they were waiting for final processing.

Cheers.

EpicBeardedMan said:
I was informed that my file is "awaiting final processing" from the det comm, does anyone have any knowledge on how long this process takes?

I will add this, because DAA is a Recruiter,
http://milnet.ca/forums/members/7446

GTFX said:
It said my file is open and awaiting final processing.

DAA said:
It means exactly what they have told you, that your current application status is "Final Processing".  This would indicate that you have completed the entire application process (CFAT/TSD, Medical, Interview, Background Checks and anything else required) and your local Recruiting Detachment is now doing a final review of your application.  Once this process is completed and if everything checks out, the next status will be "Recommended for Merit Listing".

EpicBeardedMan said:
Cheers, thanks mariomike.  :salute:

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

When our Recruiter Buck has time, I am sure he will give you the most accurate reply.

Hello,

I looked through the site and could not find this topic. I am interested as applying as pilot, aerospace engineering officer and as engineering officer but because they are in two different branches of military I am not sure how to apply to them online. I am entering through the regular officer training program. I sent an email to my recruiter last Friday and he still hasn't gotten back to me so all help is appreciated.

TheMailSquirrel said:
Hello,

I looked through the site and could not find this topic. I am interested as applying as pilot, aerospace engineering officer and as engineering officer but because they are in two different branches of military I am not sure how to apply to them online. I am entering through the regular officer training program. I sent an email to my recruiter last Friday and he still hasn't gotten back to me so all help is appreciated.

You just apply for all 3 on your application. Simple as that. There is no separate application for different branches.

EpicBeardedMan said:
You just apply for all 3 on your application. Simple as that. There is no separate application for different branches.
Before I apply for specific jobs it asks me to choose 1 of the 3 branches of military. Thank you for your response.

If there is a block on you from selecting multiple branches then you would simply select one or two of the trades you wanted. After your initial contact with your local CFRC you would tell the recruiter there to update your choices and add the remaining trade choices you want. During your entire process you are able to switch your trade choices however you want, granted you will have to interview for each trade choice you pick, but that is for you to decide.

EpicBeardedMan said:
If there is a block on you from selecting multiple branches then you would simply select one or two of the trades you wanted. After your initial contact with your local CFRC you would tell the recruiter there to update your choices and add the remaining trade choices you want. During your entire process you are able to switch your trade choices however you want, granted you will have to interview for each trade choice you pick, but that is for you to decide.
Thank you very much for clarifying.

Good day Sirs:

Let me introduce myself and give you a brief background of my situation, hope some one can help me.

My name is Roy, I am 31 years old, Permanent resident with canadian citizenship application on the go about 4 months left to become a Canadian Citizen.

I am originally from mexico, served there for 4 years, achieve the rank of 2/nd Sargeant on Artillery and later on commissioned to Military Police and Special Forces of Military Police Corp. Dismissed honorable after contract.
Highschool Diploma from Mexico (highschool diploma equivalent in alberta/grade 12)

I am planing to apply for Artillery here in canada, went and spoke to the recruiter, got the traditional brain wash from recruitment center. And decided to apply in the moment I get my oath of citizenship and they give me the cotizenchip certificate.

I have a debt that has come out of hand, and looking at this forum I began researching many options to deal with it. i decided to go with 4 pillars debt consolidation and relief payment plan.

My questions for you Sirs would be the following:

Would my double citizenship affect the processing time of my application? If so; how long? Of you have experienced or know someone in the same situation as me, would help lots.

Would the payment plan i made with 4 pillars be enough to show I am dealing with my personal debt? Or what would you personally recomend?

How would the CFAT affect my choices? Considering my selection would be as follows:
1st choice- Artillery Soldier
2nd choice- Armoured Soldier
3rd choice- Combat Engineer

If by chance I get to Artillery, what would be my probable post? Where does new recruits are usually sent?

Does anyone of the new recruits in BMQ or Special qualification trainning help me as to how much are they taking home after taxes, rations and quarters?

Any Gunner in here can share the chances theyve had of taking courses for advancement? How easy your unit approves for courses? For Gun line, OP or HQ positions?

How big are my chances to be deployed or to volunteer for deployment?

Im planing to stay lifetime in the Army.

Ill wait for your answers.

Regards

rrlmushu said:
Would my double citizenship affect the processing time of my application? If so; how long?

Dual Citizen
https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&ei=Sbz8WfyfLYi6jwTW2LfwBQ&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22dual+citizen%22&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22dual+citizen%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.32118.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.1EgRQYsYCwU

rrlmushu said:
How would the CFAT affect my choices?

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13076.0

rrlmushu said:
If by chance I get to Artillery, what would be my probable post? Where does new recruits are usually sent?

Artillery
https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&ei=vLz8Wb_PMKvZjwSc7KaAAQ&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+artillery&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca+artillery&gs_l=psy-ab.12...1679.5413.0.8268.13.13.0.0.0.0.337.1975.2-7j1.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..5.0.0....0._TVzzudkFXM

rrlmushu said:
how much are they taking home after taxes, rations and quarters?

Take home pay 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/122159.0

rrlmushu said:
How big are my chances to be deployed or to volunteer for deployment?

Chance of Deployment [Merged]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/39949.0

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Woops, sorry for the bump (Just kidding, I’m really not),

I just had a question, when comparing these two officer jobs, which one leads troops longer? I mean like which one is in the field leading their soldiers for a longer time (on average, individual experiences will obviously vary) before their job becomes all paperwork (by all I mean mostly, obviously on Exs and Ops you will be in the field even if it is in a FOB)?

Thank you

Spamming the site with similar posts does not follow the guidelines.

kratz said:
Spamming the site with similar posts does not follow the guidelines.

Spamming? Similar? I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, I said in the last thread I posted in that I was going to ask a question (which is different than any question I have asked) in a different thread because I didn’t want to lead that thread away from it’s named topic.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

ConsideringCareers… said:
Woops, sorry for the bump (Just kidding, I’m really not),

I just had a question, when comparing these two officer jobs, which one leads troops longer? I mean like which one is in the field leading their soldiers for a longer time (on average, individual experiences will obviously vary) before their job becomes all paperwork (by all I mean mostly, obviously on Exs and Ops you will be in the field even if it is in a FOB)?

Thank you
That is, again, something you should ask your recruiter.

Back