• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Sizzle said:
Just a quick question: Say my selection date is November 27th for the trade I selected and I complete my interview around Nov 1st. Will I still have plenty of time to receive a response from Ottawa?

What do you mean by "my selection date"?

Sizzle said:
Just a quick question: Say my selection date is November 27th for the trade I selected and I complete my interview around Nov 1st. Will I still have plenty of time to receive a response from Ottawa?

Okay, gotcha.  I believe that ACCIS selection is done locally, so if your CFRC is telling you the "selection date" is 27 Nov, then provided that all your processing and interview are completed prior to that, you should be merit listed in time.  I really don't think they would be processing your application if it wouldn't be finished and ready for the selection boards.  So if your interview is a go, then you should be okay...

DAA said:
Okay, gotcha.  I believe that ACCIS selection is done locally, so if your CFRC is telling you the "selection date" is 27 Nov, then provided that all your processing and interview are completed prior to that, you should be merit listed in time.  I really don't think they would be processing your application if it wouldn't be finished and ready for the selection boards.  So if your interview is a go, then you should be okay...

Appreciate the response DAA. Thank you.

Hi, thank you for being here and open to questions. I really appreciate the fact that I can find some help beside going to the recruitment centre.

I'm currently in my 4th year of university, and graduating in April. I plan to join the CF as soon as I graduate, and I was wondering what is the best time to start the application process? I was thinking of Jan. 2013 but will that be fine since I will not be receiving my degree until April or May.

Hey DAA Thanks for taking your own time to answer these questions. I have a couple.

I was reg force 0043 not QL3 qualified. and I Vr'd because of a girl..I know I know stupidest decision I ever made. I got out Sept,17,08. I am in a better situation now, married with a wife that supports my decision. I was told that I would have to do the enrollment all over is this true? Is it because I have been out for too long? Also I've developed kerataconus in my left eye, so I doubt it my left eye would pass for a combat trade. I was thinking RMS clerk, something different for me. Should I start my online application? Sorry for the novel I wrote you, I'm just real excited to get going! Thanks again!! :)

cleanwind2005 said:
Hi, thank you for being here and open to questions. I really appreciate the fact that I can find some help beside going to the recruitment centre.

I'm currently in my 4th year of university, and graduating in April. I plan to join the CF as soon as I graduate, and I was wondering what is the best time to start the application process? I was thinking of Jan. 2013 but will that be fine since I will not be receiving my degree until April or May.

Nothing happens fast. Apply now, get your name in the queue. My girlfriend has been in the process for a year for a pretty straightforward trade that she's well educated and qualified for.

You may be told your desired trade is full. If that happens, spots may become available again after April 1st. Do not, however, think of this as akin to any normal job where some manager makes a decision to hire you within the space of a month.

Brihard said:
Nothing happens fast. Apply now, get your name in the queue. My girlfriend has been in the process for a year for a pretty straightforward trade that she's well educated and qualified for.

You may be told your desired trade is full. If that happens, spots may become available again after April 1st. Do not, however, think of this as akin to any normal job where some manager makes a decision to hire you within the space of a month.

Thank you Brihard! This is really good news to me, and now I can sleep in peace.  ;D

MrRGoyer said:
Hey DAA Thanks for taking your own time to answer these questions. I have a couple.

I was reg force 0043 not QL3 qualified. and I Vr'd because of a girl..I know I know stupidest decision I ever made. I got out Sept,17,08. I am in a better situation now, married with a wife that supports my decision. I was told that I would have to do the enrollment all over is this true? Is it because I have been out for too long? Also I've developed kerataconus in my left eye, so I doubt it my left eye would pass for a combat trade. I was thinking RMS clerk, something different for me. Should I start my online application? Sorry for the novel I wrote you, I'm just real excited to get going! Thanks again!! :)

Because you did not reach your OFP (ie; QL3 qualified) you may very well have to complete BMQ over again but that is at the discretion of the CFRC (but don't quote me on that).  Nevertheless, you will be processed in the same manner as a "new" applicant with no prior service.  I would start the application process NOW and see how it goes.  At least this will give you the chance to talk to a recruiter regarding your submitted application and how competitive it may be.  They can then provide you with advice on how to increase your possibilities for re-enrolment.  Good luck!

Thanks for such a quick response DAA. I'm heading to CFRC Ottawa tomorrow morning to get this started!!

MrRGoyer said:
Thanks for such a quick response DAA. I'm heading to CFRC Ottawa tomorrow morning to get this started!!

You can always apply "online" and get the same service.  Not sure if Ottawa will accept a paper application these days but it's up to you what you want to do.....

I've heard that the online applications aren't the best way to go..now this is only here say, would I be better off doing it online?

MrRGoyer said:
I've heard that the online applications aren't the best way to go..now this is only here say, would I be better off doing it online?

Makes no difference...your going to receive the same level of service.  Eventually, "online" will be the only way to go.

Unfortunately, CF File Manager is no longer able to use unofficial means to respond to official queries and has asked for their account to be removed.

Hi there. My situation is i started the process by applying online in march, did my cfat in august was told i did relly well and could have any trade my education could apply for. My interview was october second and medical on the fourth. I was told i did great on the medical and my interview went well. I had too get a form filled out by an optometrist wgich i did on the way home and brought it in the 12. I was last told it was on its way to ottawa last week. I have applied for infantry, artillery ground defence, artillery air defence. Only negative i heard throughout the process was my grades in high school were pretty low. I'm 19 and only have my diploma. Also my refrences went well. Just wondering if theres a chance i could be sworn in anytime soon and be shipped somewhere. Think about this everyday an can't wait?I'm in toronto by the way.

5talin said:
Hi there. My situation is i started the process by applying online in march, did my cfat in august was told i did relly well and could have any trade my education could apply for. My interview was october second and medical on the fourth. I was told i did great on the medical and my interview went well. I had too get a form filled out by an optometrist wgich i did on the way home and brought it in the 12. I was last told it was on its way to ottawa last week. I have applied for infantry, artillery ground defence, artillery air defence. Only negative i heard throughout the process was my grades in high school were pretty low. I'm 19 and only have my diploma. Also my refrences went well. Just wondering if theres a chance i could be sworn in anytime soon and be shipped somewhere. Think about this everyday an can't wait?I'm in toronto by the way.

Well, I am on the merit list right now waiting for a job offer, and I used to be in the reserves 3 years ago, so  from my personal experience what I can say is that you better get used to waiting (there will be alot of it). As far as I know, once your file is back from Ottawa, you will be merit listed (if everything is good). Once you are merit listed, you wait for a job offer. How soon you will get a call depends on where you stand on the list and the amount of positions available for the job and some other things, there are plenty of threads regarding this topic so I wont go into it. As far as being "shipped" somewhere, if you mean deployed, then dont worry thats the last thing that should be on your mind, pass bmq, sq, etc... first.

Hey I am currently merit listed for DEO Mars officerand I heard selection will be sometime in November, can you tell me how many MARS officer positions are available and how competitive of a position MARS is? Thanks!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Unfortunately, CF File Manager is no longer able to use unofficial means to respond to official queries and has asked for their account to be removed.

Apparently you guys didn't read this, did you?

Goodeman said:
Apparently you guys didn't read this, did you?

Doesn't mean that you still can't get "unofficlal" responses to your queries...regretably, the individual identified themself and thus became an "official" source of info.  On top of that, CF File Manager refused to post any responses publicly, which doesn't provide a service to help anyone.

Hello, Im new to this post and new applicant for the CF. I want to enter as a Medic in the reserves. I have university degrees and community college ect, but scared about my math.
I have  an file processed and an pre interview chat this evening with  a CO. HOw long after this pre interview this evening will I have before my cfat as I want practice? I am thinking of getting a math tutor to get me up to  speed so I alteast feel confident in math area.. english is np. Thnx

Back