• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

"Willing" and "able" are unfortunately two different things.  :-\ Sorry for the confusion.

To answer the above queries, push comes to shove I'll find a different line of work if that's what it takes. I don't particularly like what I'm doing now, but the pay is fantastic for someone with a highschool diploma and little training. I need the work experience and the money currently; ideally I'll have an RRSP started in a month with a few grand in the bank. The main reason I'm pipelining is because financially it'll set me up for later in life (ideally with a Forces career starting in the near future). It's not that I don't have TIME to call, it's that I start before the offices open and end the day after they close. I'm trying my luck with more emails currently, but I remember reading something about nation-wide training until the 16th (can anyone verify this?) so I don't expect a quick response. Sorry if I sounded snappy or impolite, not trying to flame anyone for trying to help. I shall be more cautious in the future.

OK, so a quick question, I have done a little research and nothing popped up (kind of expecting mariomike to make me seem a little technologically illiterate  ;D). My application was sent to my local RC last week from north bay. My RC was closed for the past week and a half and opens again on Monday. Now I don't expect to hear from them for a little while, but what would you consider an "appropriate" amount of time to wait before giving them a call for a status on my application?

(I did find posts on "contacting your recruiter" but this question itself was never brought up)

Any idea's are appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Patrick

Pat.Sim said:
OK, so a quick question, I have done a little research and nothing popped up (kind of expecting mariomike to make me seem a little technologically illiterate  ;D). My application was sent to my local RC last week from north bay. My RC was closed for the past week and a half and opens again on Monday. Now I don't expect to hear from them for a little while, but what would you consider an "appropriate" amount of time to wait before giving them a call for a status on my application?
(I did find posts on "contacting your recruiter" but this question itself was never brought up)
Any idea's are appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Patrick

Alot depends on which RC you are dealing with.  Them contacting you depends on their volume of traffic/applications, so if you are dealing with a large Centre, it could be awhile.

Nevertheless, if you don't hear anything within two weeks, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to contact them first.

Thanks for the reply DAA! Does anyone have any experience the Calgary RC? Just excited to get the ball rolling!

I know the feeling Pat I got a call finally today and am about to start round 2 with the paperwork! Thanks for the help everyone and for the awesome recruiter who took the time to track down my application even though it wasn't his job.  :)

Hello. I am an applicant to the army reserve. My application process has been marred by obstacles/mishaps etc that were only recently sorted out, which prolonged the application process. I checked the application status today, which is drafted and awaiting for signature from Captain XXX. The file has not been sent to Ottawa yet. So given my situation, how likely is it that I can start basic training at the end of September?
Thanks.

If it hasn't been sent to Ottawa yet, I'd say your chances are slim to none, and slim just walked out the door.

Ouch,
Unfortunately I am in a similar position.  I submitted my application to CFVRC North Bay around March and as far as I know, no progress has been made.
I have gone to visit the local recruitment center to inquire about it, but every time I've gone, they've said that they have yet to receive it.  They told me two weeks ago that they would call me when they finally received it.  I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just getting sick of my face.

Hudyma said:
Ouch,
Unfortunately I am in a similar position.  I submitted my application to CFVRC North Bay around March and as far as I know, no progress has been made.
I have gone to visit the local recruitment center to inquire about it, but every time I've gone, they've said that they have yet to receive it.  They told me two weeks ago that they would call me when they finally received it.  I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just getting sick of my face.

Which local CFRC have you been talking to?

Cbbmtt said:
It can take a couple months to go from the online application to the recruitment center. In my opinion "give them a call call call" is not the answer. If the application hasn't hit the recruiting center within a month I would suggest 1 email to confirm that your application has been received online.

It has now been 1 month (4 full weeks) since my paperwork has been received (according to canada post (express postage)) I have since called at the 2 week mark, 3 week mark, and today, the 4 week mark. I am yet to actually get through to anyone at the north bay office - using both the 1-866 and 1-705 numbers as well as my local RC - including 2 e-mails - to the address which asked for my paperwork - within the 1 month period, all of which regarding whether or not my paperwork has actually been received at their office and attached to my file. All I'm looking for is comfirmation that my file is being assessed or at least lined up for assessment.

Does anyone know the CURRENT process inwhich they take to contact the applicant about documentation received and application status.
Or does anyone have a more direct e-mail that I could use to contact a recruiter at the North Bay office?

Any assistance on the matter would be appreciated as I am at my whits end at this point.
I may go to the recruiter physically here today to check with them for myself.

Thanks, all.

steiner0400 said:
It has now been 1 month (4 full weeks) since my paperwork has been received (according to canada post (express postage)) I have since called at the 2 week mark, 3 week mark, and today, the 4 week mark. I am yet to actually get through to anyone at the north bay office - using both the 1-866 and 1-705 numbers as well as my local RC - including 2 e-mails - to the address which asked for my paperwork - within the 1 month period, all of which regarding whether or not my paperwork has actually been received at their office and attached to my file. All I'm looking for is comfirmation that my file is being assessed or at least lined up for assessment.

Does anyone know the CURRENT process inwhich they take to contact the applicant about documentation received and application status.
Or does anyone have a more direct e-mail that I could use to contact a recruiter at the North Bay office?

Any assistance on the matter would be appreciated as I am at my whits end at this point.
I may go to the recruiter physically here today to check with them for myself.

Thanks, all.

Based on your application date and given the fact that your emails are not being returned, my guess would be that it has already been sent to your local CFRC.

You may want to check with them!!!

DAA said:
Based on your application date and given the fact that your emails are not being returned, my guess would be that it has already been sent to your local CFRC.

You may want to check with them!!!

Thanks for the extremely PROMPT and I do mean quick response.

I believe I will get my butt in gear and go talk to them today before 4 and see if they can help me in any way.

Ill keep everyone posted with what I know.

steiner0400 said:
Thanks for the extremely PROMPT and I do mean quick response.

I believe I will get my butt in gear and go talk to them today before 4 and see if they can help me in any way.

Ill keep everyone posted with what I know.

It seems after goin in person to my Local RC here in London, that My file was sent to my RC shortly after being received at North Bay.

I will be bringing in my forms to the RC on Monday and with any luck be scheduled for an APT test then or soon after!

Keep following this journey... Can't contain my excitement for what my future holds. ;D

Another thing I would like to add.. When emailing, or even leaving a voice message, be sure to give them sufficient information about you. If your message is simply something like "Hi this is John Smith, I was looking for some information regarding my application. Give me a call at *** *** ****." You are probably not going to receive a reply. There could be 10 John Smith's especially in a larger center. Things you might want to add (this goes for all employer's not just the CF) is your DOB, the city your applying from and postal code, Application # (if you have/is one) and anything that might help you stand out from the rest of them!

Just my  :2c:

Cheers,

Patrick Simoneau

Hey, I have started my application to the Canadian Forces. I want to do ROTP and have began the application on the National Defence and the Canadian Forces website, is this the right website to start my application for ROTP, or should I have gone into my local CFRC to receive paperwork for my application first?

Im sure someone will correct me on this but just by doing a little research this is what I have come up with.

1. Fill out your online application.
2. Send your supporting documents
3.You will be contacted by your recruiter once they receive it from north bay
4.Then your recruiter will give you all the information/forms/documents that you need
5. Wait for acceptance into ROTP

Pat.Sim said:
Im sure someone will correct me on this but just by doing a little research this is what I have come up with.

1. Fill out your online application.
2. Send your supporting documents
3.You will be contacted by your recruiter once they receive it from north bay
4.Then your recruiter will give you all the information/forms/documents that you need
5. Wait for acceptance into ROTP

Close but not quite.  Here is the current process for applying ROTP:

1.  Fill out your application online through  www.forces.ca
2.  You will be sent an email with a "link" to the ROTP Portal where you will have to both "complete the RMC Academic Questionnaire" AND "scan and upload your academic transcripts"

Then you wait until you are contacted again.  If you DO NOT hear anything within 2-3 weeks, then email whom ever currently has your application and ask for an update.  No need to submit any documents, as you have already "uploaded" these.  But if you feel so inclined to do so, it itsn't going to hurt...

Good luck!

Hudyma said:
Ouch,

So when you say "they've said they have yet to receive it" do you mean the CFRC has NOT received anything or was it received but now your CFRC is possibly waiting for the paperwork to come back from your local Reserve Unit?

Back