• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Ok thanks everyone , also is there usually a long wait for them to respond to your application for reserves? and also how many times a week would I have to go ? and do I have to complete full soldier training before I get paid?

AUstin168100 said:
Ok thanks everyone , also is there usually a long wait for them to respond to your application for reserves? and also how many times a week would I have to go ? and do I have to complete full soldier training before I get paid?

All of your questions have been asked and answered before. Read and search the forums.

This has much of the info your looking for.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109795.0.html

Hi there, I applied back in February (was told to by the recruiter that came to the high school) for regular force infantry. Last I heard from anyone was July 20th that my file was waiting to be processed and I should be contacted shortly. I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone since then. Is this normal? I have this terrifying mental image of my application buried and forgotten somewhere and I don't want to miss my shot. Trying to get the rest my life together and it's a little nerve wracking. And there's only so many push-ups I can do in a day for stress relief.  :p
Thanks for tolerating another concerned hopeful.

NorthWinds said:
Hi there, I applied back in February (was told to by the recruiter that came to the high school) for regular force infantry. Last I heard from anyone was July 20th that my file was waiting to be processed and I should be contacted shortly. I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone since then. Is this normal? I have this terrifying mental image of my application buried and forgotten somewhere and I don't want to miss my shot. Trying to get the rest my life together and it's a little nerve wracking. And there's only so many push-ups I can do in a day for stress relief.  :p
Thanks for tolerating another concerned hopeful.

Who did you hear from on 20 Jul, your local CFRC?

Hello I'm new to the forum. I am applying for UTPNCM and want to be an Aerospace engineering officer. Acadia offers an engineering option where you complete the first two years at Acadia and go to Dalhousie for the remaining two years. Anyone know if they would accept this program for UTPNCM. My other option is to go to Dalhousie in for the entire degree. I am currently posted to Greenwood, ns. Would Dalhousie count as the geographical area or would it be denied? Would it be a cost move?

It was North Bay, I was told the applications were all online this year and that I HAD to apply through the CFVRC.

NorthWinds said:
It was North Bay, I was told the applications were all online this year and that I HAD to apply through the CFVRC.

I'm basically at the same step as you. My best advice is to just relax, give them a call.. call. call. call. call... Other than that, best of luck, Hopefully BMQ next spring/summer.
As you can see I applied a month ago and sent my files in 2.5 weeks ago. I'm calling for an update tomorrow, however, I do not expect to get through to a recruiter.

Yeah... I called Edmonton 4-5 times and North Bay the same. Never got an answer. Might have to drive (7 hours) to Edmonton and go knock on the front door. Heck, I'll camp outside the door if that's what it takes. I'm going back to work though so phoning is out. Might try a few (polite) emails...

steiner0400 said:
I'm basically at the same step as you. My best advice is to just relax, give them a call.. call. call. call. call... Other than that, best of luck, Hopefully BMQ next spring/summer.
As you can see I applied a month ago and sent my files in 2.5 weeks ago. I'm calling for an update tomorrow, however, I do not expect to get through to a recruiter.

It can take a couple months to go from the online application to the recruitment center. In my opinion "give them a call call call" is not the answer. If the application hasn't hit the recruiting center within a month I would suggest 1 email to confirm that your application has been received online.

With all do respect, it has been more than a "couple months"... I don't even know where it is, but I will remain patient and pleasant on the phone as I track it down.

that scores me a 15 which equals a 3. both of the trades i applied for require a 5
  Can someone please explain this to me? I just applied, all for combat arms, and the guy that originally posted this quote seems to be a bit more competitive then me. And apparently he isn't even competitive enough. Can someone please explain how this scoring system works what it is and how to raise "my level" if need be.  Sorry if this has been posted previously I couldn't find anything on google.

NorthWinds said:
Trying to get the rest my life together and it's a little nerve wracking. And there's only so many push-ups I can do in a day for stress relief.

They are currently in the process of changing the physical requirements. The new test is called the FORCE test. It's quite a bit toned down from before- not that I've personally done it.  :p

Seriously, it's always better to go in person, you'll be able to get some one on one time with a recruiter and whine  :boring: - not too sure if that'll speed up the process from thereon. You should call ahead and schedule an appointment as they can be busy - don't give up on getting someone on the phone. In the mean time, make sure to have your last 10 years in detail; past residences; work history and family contact information ready to go.If you do,  the application paperwork they give you will be a breeze. If you've had a multitude of jobs, request your records of employment. Also, prepare for the CFAT which used to see if you qualify for a given trade and get fit!

Good luck!

Pat.Sim said:
  Can someone please explain this to me? I just applied, all for combat arms, and the guy that originally posted this quote seems to be a bit more competitive then me. And apparently he isn't even competitive enough. Can someone please explain how this scoring system works what it is and how to raise "my level" if need be.  Sorry if this has been posted previously I couldn't find anything on google.

Hope this helps.

New online application and 1-5scale 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/111016.0/nowap.html

Thanks mariomike, I guess I wasn't using the right key words for search!

You are welcome.

You may also find this topic of discussion useful.

new scoring system?
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/100759.0

I can't go in person: I live 7 hours from Edmonton and 14 from Vancouver, 9 from Calgary. I can't phone either as I'm working 7-7 every day for the next two months. I will be able to get away to do an aptitude test ect but not for anything else.

If you cannot find time to make a phone call how will you have time for the other parts of the process?  :-\

NorthWinds said:
I can't go in person: I live 7 hours from Edmonton and 14 from Vancouver, 9 from Calgary. I can't phone either as I'm working 7-7 every day for the next two months. I will be able to get away to do an aptitude test ect but not for anything else.

I thought you were willing to camp outside the CFRC if the need be. Your previous statement was very misleading and contradictory to the one posted just above.  :facepalm: :(

NorthWinds said:

Send an e-mail? I only deal with my recruitment center through email and I've had a ton of correspondence.

Back