• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Omni Corporation Law Enforcement Products

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Just came across this website from the Omni Corporation. http://www.omnicorp.com/ They seem to have a very interesting line of products

From the XT908 UAV

To their battlefield tested ED-209

But its the RC-2000 model that has my interest.
:nod:

This is one movie I am glad they are remaking.. Provided of course they don't crap the bed.. Robocop was my favorite movie as a kid and I'd love to see it made with modern technology!

Sythen said:
This is one movie I am glad they are remaking.. Provided of course they don't crap the bed.. Robocop was my favorite movie as a kid and I'd love to see it made with modern technology!

The interviews I have read with the actor/director, sound promising, they are gunning to keep it rated R, and also update the future tech (like being able to see Robo's face, and not be all twitchy/jerky in his movements.)

Yup, this one should be good.

Total Recall's got potential too, if they don't muck it up too bad.

Honestly though the sci fi I'm waiting for most isn't a remake though- they're working on Ender's Game right now, which should be awesome if they don't miss the mark.

Brihard said:
Yup, this one should be good.

Total Recall's got potential too, if they don't muck it up too bad.

Honestly though the sci fi I'm waiting for most isn't a remake though- they're working on Ender's Game right now, which should be awesome if they don't miss the mark.

I disagree wholeheartedly with Total Recall. It is one movie that absolutely didn't need remaking. It's pretty much perfect as-is in all its cheesy 80's glory.

gcclarke said:
I disagree wholeheartedly with Total Recall. It is one movie that absolutely didn't need remaking. It's pretty much perfect as-is in all its cheesy 80's glory.

I am a die hard Ahnold fan, and Total Recall is one of my top movies, but from what I have seen so far in the trailers and read about it, the new one is closer to the source material, and looks pretty bad ass.  I am also a sucker for movies filmed in Toronto

Also reading more about Robo,  Hugh Laurie, Samuel L Jackson and Gary Oldman are all attached, as well its being filmed in................Toronto (this sept) ;D

Funnily enough I'm currently in a phase where I read an SF book/short story, and then watch the subsequent film. Yesterday was Ray Bradbury's All Summer in a Day.

I then moved on to Phillip K Dick's The Adjustment Bureau which was taken from Adjustment Team. Next up, The Minority Report. Then there's Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?), Total Recall (We Can Remember it For You Wholesale), Screamers (Second Variety), Paycheck, A Scanner Darkly, and Next (The Golden Man).

It's interesting seeing how the author's vision is adapted for screen. There's certainly some great films, and some absolute cr@p.

If you haven't read it already, add Starship Troopers to your list. The book is fantastic and the movie is crap (shower scene notwithstanding).

Brihard said:

I still need to read that book. If they're making a movie, then I guess now is as good a time as any, as soon as I am done my current one :)

Back