• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Majority Government 2022-2026

Gotta say, I stand corrected - I thought he'd ride it out ...

Me too, wonder what kind of polling they got that made them decide that maybe not being greasy bastards and giving their friends backdoor access to billions of dollars of land for redevelopment was a good idea?

The funny thing is if they had done a bit more above board work on this it probably would have been fine, and not resulted in things like criminal investigations. I can't remember the phrase, but there is that old idiom about it sometimes being faster in the end to do things properly the first time.

Me too, wonder what kind of polling they got that made them decide that maybe not being greasy bastards and giving their friends backdoor access to billions of dollars of land for redevelopment was a good idea?
Combination of caucus backlash and his needing the digging to stop.

Having a second minister (and the Premiers Office housing guy) forced to resign because of ties to a firm that not only benefited from the landswap but has had several MZO's issued in their favour is the kind of thing that could lead to very public scrutiny into everything theyve done - and to whose benefit- since 2018

Last edited:
Or a show of hands at the caucus meeting about how many MPPs/Ministers have 'been entertained' by developers.

I'm guessing they determined there was no other way to make this go away ('go away' = impacting the polling). I'm still getting he is apologizing for the process (getting caught) but not the re-zoning.

I'm guessing fundraising cheques from some developers might be a little the next time around.

Something like Brihard's 'picking up a turd from the clean end' comes to mind.

Or a show of hands at the caucus meeting about how many MPPs/Ministers have 'been entertained' by developers.

I'm guessing they determined there was no other way to make this go away ('go away' = impacting the polling). I'm still getting he is apologizing for the process (getting caught) but not the re-zoning.

There's only so much "massaging" of the message that can be tolerated.

However, records show that the minister actually went on the trip in February 2020. The three individuals also got massages at the same time, according to three hotel staffers who confirmed the fact to CTV News Toronto.

Rasheed and Massoudi got the “Good Luck Ritual” massage and developer Shakir Rehmatullah got a custom massage at the same time in the Spa at Encore, at around 4 p.m. on Feb. 1, 2020, the employees said.

Combination of caucus backlash and his needing the digging to stop.

Having a second minister (and the Premiers Office housing guy) forced to resign because of ties to a firm that not only benefited from the landswap but has had several MZO's issued in their favour is the kind of thing that could lead to very public scrutiny into everything theyve done - and to whose benefit- since 2018
Not shaping up to be particularly good press for the Premier. He may be trying to get a grip on the reins, to the extent that he’s able.

Not shaping up to be particularly good press for the Premier. He may be trying to get a grip on the reins, to the extent that he’s able.
I come to what I said a few weeks ago. The political cost benefit of trying to brazen this out was awful. It could have ended with a reversal and Clark resignation the day the AG report came out. Easy out.

But it didn't. Major unforced error, or non-political pressure?

Nobody in Hollywood could write this: Ryan Amato, at the centre of the Greenbelt controversy, is the son of a police officer who specialized in organized crime, with a particular focus on developers - and who spent years working alongside the current head of the OPP.

Former president of the RCL branch in Woodbridge has been charged with fraud for writing herself dozens of cheques, totalling over $33,000. In her full time job, she's an executive assistant to the Ontario Minister of Education, Stephen Lecce.

EDIT: She has been suspended.

the way the price of land has gone up they should still realize a profit if they sell it as farmland: just not millions. As well, with all the manure flying in Ottawa, Ford is walking away scott free as far as publicity is concerned. His story is over

Some of the greenbelt latest ...
Let's see how the developers' collective unhappiness unfolds ...
Considering its what happened to all the people who owned land in the greenbelt in the first place, I don’t feel any sympathy.

Considering its what happened to all the people who owned land in the greenbelt in the first place, I don’t feel any sympathy.
Same here, but I wonder if they'll litigate or not. This, though, should dry at least some of their tears ....
the way the price of land has gone up they should still realize a profit if they sell it as farmland: just not millions ...

Back