• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Ontario man dies after campground beating"

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
"A Mississauga, Ont., man has died after he was allegedly assaulted at a campground over the Victoria Day weekend.
Bradley Van Diepen, 28, died Saturday morning after police were called to Trudeau Park in Tweed, northeast of Belleville.
Paramedics arrived around 6:30 a.m. ET to find a man suffering from severe injuries.
He was taken to Kingston General Hospital, where he died.
Police have two men in custody and are investigating Van Diepen's death as a homicide.
No charges have been laid.":
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/05/24/ottawa-tweed-campground-death-100524.html#socialcomments

The reason I post this story is because it mentions Trudeau Park in Tweed, northeast of Belleville. Check out this clip, if you will, from last May two-four weekend there.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvyvAgNf98M

There's even a clip of the "Trailer Park Boys"!

the video is proof to me that some people really are a waste of oxygen.

I stopped watching at about the 3 minute mark and counted about 10 people I'd like to smash with a bat.

mariomike said:
The reason I post this story is because it mentions Trudeau Park in Tweed, northeast of Belleville.
And?

I have to back EitS; What is this collection of idiots' relevance to Milnet.ca?

Journeyman said:
What is this collection of idiots' relevance to Milnet.ca?

It is posted in Radio Chatter: "Off topic discussions not relating to the Canadian Army", along with other such relevant topics such as "ABC's Lost finale tonight!".
But, we don't see you complaining about those, do we?

It is in "Radio Chatter" because I moved it there from "Security and Emergency Services" this morning.

mariomike said:
It is posted in Radio Chatter: "Off topic discussions not relating to the Canadian Army", along with other such relevant topics such as "ABC's Lost finale tonight!".
But, we don't see you complaining about those, do we?
Actually, it is now posted in Radio Chatter; when I commented on it, it was posted in Security and Emergency Services.
Upon re-reading, you'll see my post was simply questioning its' relevance -- sincere apologies to anyone's sensitivity for taking that as a complaint.

Now that it's in Radio Chatter, I understand that there's no requirement for relevance. Enjoy.

Edit: What Mike said  ;)

Journeyman said:
Actually, it is now posted in Radio Chatter; when I commented on it, it was posted in Security and Emergency Services.

I posted the CBC subject report ( with a link to the scene ) in Emergency Services because it is an OPP homicide investigation.
I thought that is where it belonged. My error.

mariomike said:
I posted the CBC subject report ( with a link to the scene ) in Emergency Services because it is an OPP homicide investigation.
I thought that is where it belonged. My error.

Every four weeks or so Journeyman has an attack of male pms.  ;D

Apparently, Trudeau Park seems to attract a certain kind of people. Check out the other YouTube videos posted of previous 24 May weekends in Trudeau Park.

Retired AF Guy said:
Apparently, Trudeau Park seems to attract a certain kind of people. Check out the other YouTube videos posted of previous 24 May weekends in Trudeau Park.

Yep, looks like a great place to take the family camping......not.

From their website:

Trudeau Park is a campground specifically designed towards people who enjoy listening to music, sitting around the campfire with friends and those who want to meet new friends!

In other words, you'll be surrounded by nosy people and loud music.  ::)

Update:
"Belleville man one of three facing second-degree murder charges:
Death at Trudeau Park:
A 19-year-old Belleville man is one of three suspects facing second-degree murder charges in the death of a Mississauga man at a Tweed campground Saturday.
Facing one count of second-degree murder are Kadeem Francis of Belleville, Bernard Rainford, 27, of Barrie and 24-year-old Brandon Gray of Pefferlaw. Francis was also charged with assault.
Francis was arraigned into custody after he appeared in a Belleville provincial court Tuesdayday. He will make his next appearance by video, from the Napanee-based Quinte Detention Centre on Thursday.
Rainford will be making his first appearance today, while Gray will appear before the court Thursday.
The men have been charged with the murder of 27-year-old Bradley Van Diepen, who died in hospital hours after he was found beaten early Saturday in Trudeau Park, in Tweed.":
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2593282

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/821052--trio-charged-in-park-murder

Francis is at the Quinte Detention Centre...hmmm..wonder if he is "roomies" with Russ..???

Francis donned a white t-shirt and white pants during his brief appearance.

Seriously?  He got dressed in court?  Must have been a "brief" appearance, indeed.  ::)

Despite the crappy reporting, I'm glad they have these guys in custody.

Back