• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunities with DART as a PAO

K.Chu

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

After taking a look at this thread, it seems like DART is only for selection when a unit is asked to fill positions. However, I was wondering how many positions/the chances of joining DART as a PAO?

Thanks.

S

It is likely that the Public Affairs component for the DART is centrally managed. Much will depend on the nature of the mission. I would estimate there might be one or two PAO on the ground, with support from Ottawa. You may be able to volunteer if you're in the right place at the right time. Make your career manager aware of your desire. In addition, whoever handles taskings for PAO in Ottawa should be part of your circle of friends.

I notice you're PRes. Ensure your availability is up to date. For NAVRES that means you need a current AVREP. You'll also need a current medical, FORCE and First Aid (the holy trinity). I'm not sure what the other reserve components use to keep command apprised of their availability, but at the very least pay attention to the holy trinity, and make sure the people who can fulfill your wishes are in the know.

ModlrMike said:
It is likely that the Public Affairs component for the DART is centrally managed. Much will depend on the nature of the mission. I would estimate there might be one or two PAO on the ground, with support from Ottawa. You may be able to volunteer if you're in the right place at the right time. Make your career manager aware of your desire. In addition, whoever handles taskings for PAO in Ottawa should be part of your circle of friends.

I notice you're PRes. Ensure your availability is up to date. For NAVRES that means you need a current AVREP. You'll also need a current medical, FORCE and First Aid (the holy trinity). I'm not sure what the other reserve components use to keep command apprised of their availability, but at the very least pay attention to the holy trinity, and make sure the people who can fulfill your wishes are in the know.

Thank you very much, I will keep in mind the Holy Trinity! Thanks for the very informative post!  :salute:

Back