• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Organization of Armoured Regiments

Lance Wiebe said:
One thing that may throw a little wrench in to the Leo 2 tank deployments across Canada is the bridges in all of the training ares.  Most of the bridges were built way back when, when they were built to accommodate the Centurion.  The Leo 1 did not pose a problem, being lighter than the old Cent, but the Leo 2 may pose a problem.

Also, a huge problem in Valcartier and Petawawa is suitable ranges.  Practicing sub-unit fire and movement, or battle runs, will be near impossible.

Hmm... it will give the CER's an excuse to do Bridge Camps  :D

Just so others will know, building a bridge at Bridge Camp, is not the same as over-bridging.  Over-bridging is usually a very short term event.  Building a bridge is usually more permanent.........Unless they want to move right into Demolition Camp routine.

Lance Wiebe said:
Most of the bridges were built way back when . . .
While I am not aware of any coordinated plan to upgrade all the bridges in all the training areas, I do know some new bridges have been ordered to accommodate the new tanks.

George Wallace said:
Over-bridging is usually a very short term event.  Building a bridge is usually more permanent.........
You're obviously not familiar with MGB.

Is the MGB that new bridging that replaced the Bailey Bridging?  It "rolls" out lengths to what you require.  Produced on location.  Light weight compared to the Bailey panels.

In "over-bridging", I was thinking more of AVLB over-Bridging an existing bridge as it's Bridge Class was too low, as opposed to the construction of a whole new bridge.

Back