• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parachutist wings from cadets on my PRes or RegF uniform

• Thread starter silentseaforthsoldier
  • Start date
Good to hear about Wierzba, haven‘t talked to him in a bit, last I heard he was going to go for Naval engineering, but it looks like he stayed with your militia unit, good to hear he‘s going for Bpara.

Gentlemen and ladies,

Please remember that swearing is not allowed on these forums. If you feel the need to show how mature you are by swearing, please do it in a private message to each other.

Please remember that substuting other characters still constitutes swearing. It‘s not needed, nor appropriate.

matt, i was just asking. i am not educated remember. i want to learn, relax....

They say you need a CLI.. But one girl we had only did CL. She had nsce though.

Hey Matt, did you have any females pass this year?

1 man, 1...just barely.

Yeah, Potter only had CL this summer too. I dno how that works.

Meh, wanted a CC130...trained for CC130‘s...then jumped from CASA 212‘s...lol.

All CC130‘s = broken

To fix = money

CF = lack of $

We did all ramp jumps from the CASA 212 (no side doors)...it was odd. We could only put 10 guys up in the air at once too...it was still amazing...but I wanted to jump outta a herc! Oh well.

Cadets have a stupid obsession with Para. Para does not make you hardcore, being in a tough unit and having your **** together makes you hardcore. People assigned to logistics units can do the para course...airborne Quartermaster!!! Hooo-aahhh!!! Hardly seems all that hardcore. If some punk came to me showing off his wings telling me hes better than I am, I‘d kick his a*s, wings or no wings. Don‘t waste your remaining summer in Cadets doing para is you didn‘t do an exchange and especially if your not gonna do reg force or reserves, its a waste of time. Otherwise you go on into civilian life with your wings, get fat, collect unemplyment benefits etc...be smart, don‘t do para for bragging rights, make the most out of cadets, do an exchange, travel the world for free, do para once your actually IN the army.

Cadets have a stupid obsession with Para. Para does not make you hardcore, being in a tough unit and having your **** together makes you hardcore. People assigned to logistics units can do the para course...airborne Quartermaster!!! Hooo-aahhh!!! Hardly seems all that hardcore. If some punk came to me showing off his wings telling me hes better than I am, I‘d kick his a*s, wings or no wings. Don‘t waste your remaining summer in Cadets doing para is you didn‘t do an exchange and especially if your not gonna do reg force or reserves, its a waste of time. Otherwise you go on into civilian life with your wings, get fat, collect unemplyment benefits etc...be smart, don‘t do para for bragging rights, make the most out of cadets, do an exchange, travel the world for free, do para once your actually IN the army.

i dont know how you cadets do a para course. i doubt its the same as a CF run course.. i can tell you though that from two individuals i know who did para in the reserves last summer it was hard as **** and you did PT till you puked. one was from my unit and one from 23 Field Ambulance

they both told me it was increadably demanding and any and all sharp training (thats CF Harasment training) went right out the window...

so just a heads up. im sure yours wont be as demanding. but still..

Cpl Thompson, it is the same Para course, they make it two weeks longer to bring the PT standards up, but at the end of it they still get the same wings as the Regs/Reserves. Wouldn‘t know if they get harrassed as badly, as I have never been a cadet. But there are a few individuals in my regiment who earned wings as cadets and still wear them to this day.

east side... who are you talking to? me??? i have done the whole cadet thing, and later i want to transfer to pres. but as for right now, i have to be happy with CIC. my job wont let me take a lot of time off. and i want to do para not for bragging rights at all. i want to do the course because it is a goal of mine. and by having those wings i could be a role model for the cadets in this area. believe it or not, the kids look up to people with those wings, and take an interest.

east side.... you need to relax a little. why are you so pissy towards people who want to go after something? no one ever said they wanted to be hard corps.... where are you located?

Sorry about the heated words but it does anger me when cadets see themselves as the world‘s finest once they have completed para. Completing para makes you para qualified not "Airborne this" or "Airborne that", they are two different things. To answer your question, I‘m from Mississauga.

I‘d agree with a lot of what East Side said.
While passing the para course does show people that you can meet a certian standard in physical fitness and do the drills it doesn‘t make you this hard core warrior. I‘ve found they DO have an obsession with the course. This could be a good thing as it gives them a goal and trains them to be fit and capable (as parachuters) but paratroopers are well trained "soldiers".

I think it‘s ignorant to come into the cadet forum and talk down to them so i do my best not to do it. That being said, i was almost charged when i had a short stint working with cadets. We had a few hours to spare so i set them up as an infantry platoon and walked them through how a platoon attack would go. If a cadet passes the course then more power to them, but if they want to be a paratrooper they need to be a soldier too.

I think it‘s ignorant to come into the cadet forum and talk down to them so i do my best not to do it. That being said, i was almost charged when i had a short stint working with cadets. We had a few hours to spare so i set them up as an infantry platoon and walked them through how a platoon attack would go. If a cadet passes the course then more power to them, but if they want to be a paratrooper they need to be a soldier too.
Good God, Ghost778, how dare you attempt to put the "army" into army cadets! What were you thinking, man? This isn‘t the UK! ;)

Teach air cadets how to fly and sea cadets how to sail, but don‘t even think about teaching army cadets how to be soldiers. This attitude might explain why army cadet enrollment is so poor compared to air cadets.

ghost, i agree... and being a parachutist and a paratrooper are two totally different things.....

eastside. i understand, it just seems like you have a hard on for the para course. and i know what you mean about people thinking they are hardcore.

H.A.S, I think you‘ll be a very good CIC officer since it looks like you won‘t be filling your soldiers heads with ideas of grandure. It‘s great to build them up but obviously not into something they can‘t be. You‘ll probably get your jump course before me too :)

I got a question for you. Whats more important, your jump course or the welfare of your soldiers.
IF you had a chance to take a jump course BUT you were asked to go to black down because a CIC officer who was susposed to go down for the summer can‘t make it, would you spend a crappy summer down there or take your jump course and get your wings?

well ghost if i was in that situation where my real job wouldn‘t come into play. i would go to blackdown because i know i am young and will eventually get a chance to do the course... and i know never to build your troops up too much. because when they get dissappointed, they wont respect you as well. what regiment are you with?

Back