• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Past injury and applying

whorian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Four years ago I enrolled in the CF. I did pass all tests and everything, I was in good shape, but 5 days before my BMQ date, I've had a bad wrist injury that restricted me to not doing push-ups for years. Now my wrist is ok, but I will probably never be able to do a regular pushup again (hands on floor). I would LOVE to join the CF, as a reserve now since I have my regular IT job. I am also qualified as a computer technician.

My question is really specific but I'd like to know if that is possible before doing through the neverending recruiting process again.

Can a military doctor make a paper to you, before you go to BMQ and before you do the push-up test at the recruiting centre, telling you have to do your push-ups in a non-standard way (fists on floor, but not hands. - this changes the axe of the wrists) everytime you're asked to? If so, will the instructor care about it ?

Thank you.

Best bet is to ask at the recruiting centre.

In this thread, a DAOD was quoted.

DAOD 5023-2 Physical Fitness Program

It states (emphasis mine):

If a CF member is unable on a permanent basis to perform the specific testing protocol set out in the CF EXPRES Operations Manual, CFPSA may authorize a minor modification to the protocol or an alternate testing protocol.

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but the way I see it is that if someone already in the CF gets injured and requires a modification to the test, then CFPSA may authorize it.  I'm not sure about someone who can't do a part of the fitness test who is not even enrolled yet.

Thanks.

Unfortunally, the recruiting centre won't let me talk to a doctor until I've done (again) the other tests.

Hugo said:
Thanks.

Unfortunally, the recruiting centre won't let me talk to a doctor until I've done (again) the other tests.
Just make sure you can do it, dont stress your self. One step at a time!

Back