• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pathfinder

• Thread starter fortuncookie5084
  • Start date
the yanks themselves have a difficult enough time to get on that course. it takes a certain type and amount of courses in order to get on the US pathfinder course. I can not remember what exactly you'd need, but you need quite a few specialty courses to do so.
Greg

Thanks for the reply Greg... I was asking the question cause I remember one guy at the R22R departing for that course in the US... Of course, I imagine that you got to have some course as prereq... He was para with 3rd battalion...

Volto

Better to live one day as a lion than one hundred years as a lamb
- Benito Mussolini

incase you take a read this may answer your question. to be eligible for the pathfinder course you must complete your basic recce course and be amongst the best of soldiers in your unit. they just don't let anyone who wants on the course to take it. you have to earn it by proving you're a above par soldier and show the potential to improve more than the rest of your peers. hope this helps and i appologize if i'm wrong on the pre-reqs

Ex-Dragoon said:
If your wrong why would you even comment???

anim_coffee.gif

Well since he IS wrong...

;D

Do pathfinders lead a "secret life" like JTF-2 soldiers like they can't tell family anything about their job etc?

armyrules said:
Do pathfinders lead a "secret life" like JTF-2 soldiers like they can't tell family anything about their job etc?

??? Get off the glue.

Even assaulters can tell their friends and family where they work.

[edit] no your right - right after you finish SOAC, they come over and lobotomise everyone you used to know ::)

KevinB said:
??? Get off the glue.

Even assaulters can tell their friends and family where they work.

[edit] no your right - right after you finish SOAC, they come over and lobotomise everyone you used to know ::)

That was priceless Kevin.......

So there I was all of a sudden  - ding dong - I thought 'who is at the door' - the sign on the truck said John's Trout Farm...

They asked me is I knew ******* - :blotto: and then I woke up with a scar

Quote from KevinB,
and then I woke up with a scar     

* ..........must resist punchline, must resist pun..........*

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Quote from KevinB,
and then I woke up with a scar        

* ..........must resist punchline, must resist pun..........*

Not that scar you dirty potato-salad eating prison who-ha! ;D

NOTE: The Joint Task Force 2 have not yet taken me up on the offer to relocate to my backyard...I wonder why? ???

Slim  ::)

Folks
Please don't email me for a copy of the package. I have been receiving mail from people who don't require it. If you are military, get if off the din.

Recce41, I need 10 packages for my airsoft club - can you send them along ASAP?

:D

- dont bother wasting your time trying to be loaded on the U.S PPF course; it is the equivalent of our LZ/DZ which is just over three weeks long. Aim for that. Having said that the U.S. PPF/Canadian LZ/DZ courses are classroom(coffee) courses which teach you how to set up/register/safety for a DZ/LZ taking considerations of the different # of jumpers or equipment types that may be deployed. You go out for a few "day" trips, call in a door bundle drop maybe some pers. drops and call it a course. Shoot for the Canadian PPF course.

Hey Sully, welcome to Army.ca.

You're the TV celeb, aren't you.  :)

Infanteer

Infanteer said:
Hey Sully, welcome to Army.ca.

You're the TV celeb, aren't you.   :)

Infanteer

Yeah thats him

- last thing I remember is him hobbling off the DZ for the 60th (and was it collapsing in a bar later  ;)) The guess was he'd never jump again - then next thing you know he's off on the PPF.

When I was in Para, 3 RCR in 2000, we use to do the follow on raids for the PPF course. Man those poor devils looked bagged and tired but still motivated. Man, I thought 6A ISCC was rough but that looked meaner. It was funny seeing Billy Bolen at the time (he was DS on the course), I hadn't seen him in years. Anyways, you need balls of steel and a will of iron to get through that course....

Ahhhhhhh..........Sully.

Good to see you around these parts. 

How are you handling the fame and fortune?  ;D

Tom.

Sully
Welcome from a Armour Guy. Your right about the US course. They were running one in Bragg, the yr we went down. We all thought 5hit if thats all it takes for the torch. Sign us on. Being LZ/DZ already, it would be a breeze.
But found out, the Brits and us have one PPF, the US require a couple of other courses. To get the torch.
Welccome again, see you on the DZ.
:evil: :tank:

Back