• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay increments

PuckChaser said:
Perfect. Exactly what happened to me, but one rank below. Thanks again.

Now the fun for you starts.  Trying to convince both your CoC and OR of this......

Need anything to change the direction of the tide, PM me.

DAA said:
When it comes to "Rate of Pay", occupation transfers generally fall into two categories, "Voluntary" or "Compulsory".

With a "Compulsory" occupation transfer, a member has "Vested Rights" and therefore, the rate of pay would not change and remain the same as though they were still at the previous rank and I believe they continue to accrue incentive levels as well.

Could you give an example of a compulsory occupation transfer or what would cause one? The only thing I could think of would be failing occupation training but I do not know if that would actually even be covered by this.

Goose15 said:
Could you give an example of a compulsory occupation transfer or what would cause one? The only thing I could think of would be failing occupation training but I do not know if that would actually even be covered by this.

In the mid-90s during FRP, the CAF got rid of the PERI branch.  Anyone in that branch who stayed in got a compulsory transfer into a new occupation.

dapaterson said:
In the mid-90s during FRP, the CAF got rid of the PERI branch.  Anyone in that branch who stayed in got a compulsory transfer into a new occupation.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Good day all,

When promoted to Cpl from Pte 3, do you move to the Cpl Basic slot, or the Cpl 1 slot?

Thanks.

Basic.... Every time you get promoted you start back at 0 except for the appointment to MCpl you will go to the same IPC Level in MCpl as you had in Cpl.

Good morning, I have recently graduated from BMQ where I was getting paid approx $675/paycheck. I joined the military because I wanted to give my daughter and wife a better life financially, but I was placed on OJT until September 2018 instead of going into my trades course, but that is not the issue. The issue is is that I do not know which pay bracket I would belong to and how much I will be getting paid now that I am on OJT. Will I continue to get the $675 a paycheck or will there be an increase? I know it sounds selfish and ungrateful, but making sure my family eats and has a roof over their heads is my main goal in life. If someone has any answers it will be greatly appreciated.

Where will you be for your OJT?  Your pay is low because you are paying rations and quarters.  If you are doing OJT from home, your take home pay will be more.  You should verify if you should be paying for your quarters.  More info needed.

Yes, this likely has more to do with your 'status' on OJT.  If you are posted with a restriction you are likely going to remain paying Rations (if you maintain a Primary residence at your enrolment location with dependents..you shouldn't be paying quarters.  Additionally, what province you are in can change your take home pay as well, with varying provincial tax amounts.

If you are Attach posted, then rations should be at public expense.

Your actual PAY before deductions...will go up each year on the month of your enrolment, called IPC (Incentive Pay Categories).    http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/reg-force-ncm-class-c-rates.page

Eye In The Sky said:
If you are Attach posted, then rations should be at public expense.

Not correct.  If you are Attach Posted, you still have to pay for rations (Attach Posting is the biggest shaft we have - all of the hassles of a posting, but none of the benefits).  You only get free rations if you are on Temporary Duty.

Really...I thought when the changes were introduced a few years back, both AP and TD resulted in rations at public expense. 

Thanks for setting me straight on it.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

kev994 said:
They did, did it change back?

I'd thought they did too, honestly.  I had a friend who did a CT/OT...was posted out of province initially, then posted back to the local BTL...and then APd for trg out of province.  He was free R & Q and kept PLD (D HG & E remained in PLDA).

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

Eye In The Sky said:
I'd thought they did too, honestly.  I had a friend who did a CT/OT...was posted out of province initially, then posted back to the local BTL...and then APd for trg out of province.  He was free R & Q and kept PLD (D HG & E remained in PLDA).

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

:facepalm: to be fair, I don't know if I know anymore.  We've flopped around so much on this, I've lost track.  We used to screw everybody.  Now we select a few chosen individuals and screw them really badly...

Pusser said:
:facepalm: to be fair, I don't know if I know anymore.  We've flopped around so much on this, I've lost track.  We used to screw everybody.  Now we select a few chosen individuals and screw them really badly...

Well, see this is why I think we need to have two separate references, one for "Duty Travel" and one for "Temporary Duty". Tee term "duty travel" isn't even defined. Duty travel and the CFTDIs should cover only the portion of travel between two duty locations, that's it. IAW chapter 7, for example, to earn benefits under this seciton, you need to be
(a) on TD or on an attached posting;
(b) travelling between their place of duty and another duty location, both of which are in Canada or the Continental United States of America (CANUS); and
(c) authorized to occupy accommodations overnight.

It's that yellow bit that I don't understand. When we go on TD, we get incidentals for the entire time we are there, but we aren't "travelling" between two places of duty. So why do we get incidentals the whole time?

So, based on that, the entitlements at para 7.02 (Accommodations) and 7.18 (Meals) wouldn't apply because the member is not longer travelling between two places of duty.

Now, whenever I've seen someone get attached-posted, I've always seen R&Q covered, whether it was to a training school in another part of the country, our a short term CFTPO to the other coast. However, I suppose, that in accordance with the regulations, you could get attach-posted from Halifax to Esquimalt and you would be on your own to deal with R&Q.

Pusser said:

Exactly!!  I guess if 'no one knows' then no one can be right...OR wrong.  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
Exactly!!  I guess if 'no one knows' then no one can be right...OR wrong.  ;D

Until someone in Ottawa who has nothing better decides to look into old cases from 3 years ago and makes an authoritative decision that what the subject matter expert told you 3 years ago was wrong and that even though it's not your fault and you did everything right you still owe the government several thousand dollars, and we're garnishing your salary immediately taking as much as we can off each pay check.

Hi everyone,

I am unable to find information on what the letter grades mean. Please see attached for a screenshot.

If anyone could provide any advise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    62.9 KB · Views: 220
Back