• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay increments

284_226 said:
Which, for the ATIS and LCIS trades she was referring to, is the case - personnel who join the trades as skilled or semi-skilled are enrolled as Cpls (albeit provisional) until completion of their OJT/Journeyman package.

Worded another way, I guess you could say that QL5 is a prerequisite for the rank of substantive Cpl.
Thats all I was getting at - thats also what makes the spec pay kick in is the removal of provisional status

ArtyNewbie said:
Thats all I was getting at - thats also what makes the spec pay kick in is the removal of provisional status
... and of the A/L.

ArtyNewbie said:
No spec doesn't commence once your provisional is removed.  For an ATIS tech, you have to do your OJT 5's Pkg and then once everything is signed off and sent up the chain, then does your spec pay kick in. 

Hey I'm just wondering if everyone gets a raise after Basic... I was getting $680ish and on the 15th I got about $930...  It seems like too big of raise to be true to me so I'm wondering if it's backpay or what.

If anyone has an answer for me that's great else I'll just wait 8 more days to find out.

You might want to ask your clerk

The extra cash could be there for any number of reasons.  A claim for example. 

And don't spend it until you're certain. If it's been put there in error the system will be taking it back off your next pay(s).

Look at your pay statement - it shoul have the details.

And fi you can't understand your pay statement, learn - it's a key skill.

You used to get field pay from your week 9, 11 and 12, but I don't know if they still do that since LDA came into effect.  That also sounds about right for the amount of a raise one gets moving from Pte(R) to Pte(B), but double check to make sure.

ummmm last time I checked you dont get a raise when you go from Pte(R) to Pte(B)...thats just saying you've done BMQ...just like you don't get a raise when you go from Pte(B) to Pte(T) thats just a designator to show quals...your pay goes up YEARLY on the anniversary of your enrolment (as far as Ptes go) every rank after your pay goes up on the anniversary of your promotion.

You won't receive Incentive Pay Category 2 until after you've had 12 months service.  I sounds like it maybe a travel claim settlement or Casual Land Duty Allowance - Check with you pay clerk.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've been searching for some answers about the promotions system and pay increments. I've have found out that from going from Corporal to Master Corporal you get the same pay increment. Example: Corporal increment 3 = Master Corporal 3. When you eventually get promoted to Sergeant to you go from MCpl. 4 to Sgt. 4, or MCpl. 4 to Sgt. 1.

Also these links in this thread are all error 404, so is most of the info posted by George still current or can anyone direct me to current pay and promotion information.

kkramar.

Only when appointed MCpl do you retain your IPC.  Thus, a Cpl 3 becomes a MCpl 3.

However, on promotion to Sgt you return to Sgt Basic, moving to Sgt 1 after 1 year, then to Sgt 2...

kkramar said:
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've been searching for some answers about the promotions system and pay increments. I've have found out that from going from Corporal to Master Corporal you get the same pay increment. Example: Corporal increment 3 = Master Corporal 3. When you eventually get promoted to Sergeant to you go from MCpl. 4 to Sgt. 4, or MCpl. 4 to Sgt. 1.

Also these links in this thread are all error 404, so is most of the info posted by George still current or can anyone direct me to current pay and promotion information.

kkramar.

Did you read this topic?

George Wallace said:

Those links currently work.

I'll admit I didn't read every single word. But I tried to skim through most of it and try to see some headline sections that caught my eye. The links I hit didn't work for me.

So far pretty much every link up to page three. Haven't gotten to the others yet.

kkramar said:
Every link in this thread gives a 404 error.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/pay-sol/pr-sol/rfncmr-mrfr-eng.asp

That i got from a few posts above works just fine......

Back