• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pension question

Kilroy

Inactive
Reaction score
I know, that if you sign your IPS,a nd actually go past 20 years, but get out before 25 years, there is a percentage lost on pension income. However, what happens if you have 21 years in, are on your IPS, but are released on medical grounds? Do you still get the "early release" penalty for getting out before 25 years??

I hope I explained this right.  ???

There are no penalties applied to an individual who is released medically.

Check all the details with your local release section; the coming into force of the new rules (25 years vs the old 20) have a number of quirks.  But there's no change to the medical release provisions.

You can also check out this site:

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/movingon/scan/pdf/new/MovingOnBook_e.pdf

I was smart and stayed in the 29 year plan!!  :D  Thanks for the info guys (gals??) it was much appreciatted. I will definetly check that link out.

The reason I originally asked is twofold. First, i went to the pension calculator on the DIN (Yes, I know it says it is not perfect) and it had no prevision for a medical release situation. And secondly, I am just to lazy to go talk to the release section.  ;D  That, and If I went to talk to my Coy clerk, the BSM would probably crap all over me for wasting her time!!  Once again, thanks people for your answers, much appreciatted.

Back