• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pistols/ hand guns

"So you personally 'own' a restricted weapon, yet do not have the proper paperwork to posess it? How do you do that? Of the once 40 hanguns that I LEGALLY owned, I never had never heard of anything of such BS."

- Maybe the kids a gangbanger... and he DOES have a gun.

I gave his profile a look, wondered at the Gagetown reference as well and agree with Wes. He has a website link that leads to a page of teen BMXers:

http://www.clearlanddirtjumpers.piczo.com/?cr=1&rfm=y

And in one of the links we find this: (I enjoy the dog in Camo)  ;D

http://www.piczo.com/clearlanddirtjumpers?g=20500948&cr=1

Last night it wouldn't load, so I googled and came across this:

Modern Firearms web-site guestbook
master corporal laing Email: traveman@hotmail.com URL: www.clearlanddirtjumpers. piczo.com, date: 2006-04-09 02:55:40 Delete or Edit This Entry ...
gb.mark-itt.ru/cgi-bin/ugb.cgi/191?startwith=20 - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Master Corporal eh buds? Is that a Cadet rank? I suppose you're drive is to be appreciated and your youth a factor to be accounted for, but all of this raises a few questions here lad; mind stepping up?

umm wow, lol this guy seems dangerous! Hes got some really nice shiny pellet guns to go with his colt 1911. Again WATCH OUT! We dont wanna get our eyes shot out, better leave this hard core guy alone.  ::)

In his MSN profile the good Pte Laing is 15....get with the prpgram dude and don't pretend to be someone you are not....

I think you guys have spanked him enough. Although a bigger person would come on and acknowledge his error, let's leave this be and get back to the original subject. Fair warning, let it drop.

With a budget of only 500.00 you will be limited in your choices.  You can buy a good used .22lr or other used handgun.  If you can afford to feed a centerfire handgun I would suggest a Norinco.  Inexpensive and there is quite the selection of clones you can choose from. 

A NP22  (Sig Saur P226 Clone) is a nice pistol to start with... there are a few guys who use them in IPSC competition with great success.  Later on when you can afford the more expensive handguns you can get just about anything.  Remember that there are as many opinions as there are models of handguns.

Good luck and enjoy the sport.

Cheers
Pop

P.S.  I use Glocks in competition (IPSC, IDPA, Tactical Shooting etc)... but the XD40 Tactical is a better pistol...  remember..that is only my opinion.

Popurhedoff said:
P.S.  I use Glocks in competition (IPSC, IDPA, Tactical Shooting etc)... but the XD40 Tactical is a better pistol...   remember..that is only my opinion.

Madness!  ;D

Can you expand on that? What makes it better? Ergonomics? Durability? Reliability? Quality?

I have a Norcy Commander, that out shot the Springfield Loaded that I paid more than twice as much for. :mad:  That was a piss off.  I swapped the Sprinfield for a Kimber TLE/RLII and that problem sorted it self out.  But even it doesn't shoot significantly better than the Norcy.  But I did put on new sights, a drop in beavertail, and a new safety, dehorned it myself, and had it refinished.  So $450 was just the price of admission I guess.

Norinco NP-30 'High Cap' .45 ACP (1911) clone. Just do it.
FEG 9mm BHP clones are good for you if you want BHP experience.

I just got a CZ-75B stainless. I shot 2'' groups at 10 yards. May fit your hand nicer than a FEG or NP-30.

well i just bought a springfield armory Xd-40 from my friend, used for $550. And as well for cheaper practice i bought a ruger MKIII512 .22cal. havnt shot either yet, but both are looking to be nice damn weapons. Ive heard nothing but good things about both so im stoked to fire them.

loyaleddie87 said:
well i just bought a springfield armory Xd-40 from my friend, used for $550. And as well for cheaper practice i bought a ruger MKIII512 .22cal. havnt shot either yet, but both are looking to be nice damn weapons. Ive heard nothing but good things about both so im stoked to fire them.

loyaleddie87,

I haven't slung lots of lead with the XD, but I did spend an afternoon and managed to profitably expend about 500 rds with the .40 Tactical.  I found it very easy to shoot and had absolutely no trouble hitting with it, though I only shot it to about 30 metres.  I was restricted in that I had no holster so all drills were performed from the low ready but it did "feel really good" (whatever that means), and I'm thinking of picking one up to supplement all the Glocks that I have laying around.  I think probably the Tactical version and I think probably .40 cal...

I really like the stainless mags!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Check your PM's...

blake

loyaleddie87 said:

An XD-40 for $550 is a very good deal.

Hey ya'll: I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth into this thread. I've carried a Sig P220 at work for ten years and am a Sig armorer. I've shot Glocks, Kimbers, S & W's etc. At different times in my military career i carried a Beretta 9mm and a 1911. I own two hand guns: a World War II issue 1911 and a Sig P229 in 9mm. I don't see the sense in buying a Chinese clone of a Sig, or any other combat pistol. Yeah, the real thing is spendy, but worth every penny. Save your money and buy a good gun, not a knock-off. There are some really good deals out there with pre-owned Sigs, for example, that were traded in by LE agencies and refurbished at the factory in Exeter. We just finished turning in all our old pistols for brand new P220s. The old guns were in great shape to begin with and Sig makes them even better before they sell them.

I don't know your firearms laws in Canada, but it seems to me whether you're a collector or carry a gun for self-defense, you want the best you can possibly get.

PS - here are a couple of pictures of me at the range last week,

Red,

Tell me you left the .45 stock, and did not customise it? I know there are a lot of ways to make that old iron into a better shooter, but the old soldier in me likes them just the way they came from the factory! Well, that is minus the six pounds of Cosmoline! Tell me do they still pack new weapons in that stuff or am I showing my age here?

Red
I have owned the Sig clone, unfortunately they copied an early Sig model with the poor spring design behind the right hand grip. Mine did suffer cracked rails at 2,000 rds, but I know people going 10,000 rds and still no problems, I also heard rumours that they are re-designing the frame a bit. So on the Sig clones the jury is still out. But they are ½ the price of a Sig CPO and getting the clone got me back into shooting, so it was worth every penny.

However I also own the CZ-85b & 1911A1C clones and they are excellent pistols. The only things I would change are the grips. Trigger springs and sights.

I also own the Sig 226 all Stainless, this is a pistol I highly recommend!

I used to have a nice GI Remington-Rand M1911A1, a wartime (1944) made one, about 50% finish, well used in the Island fighting in the Pacific Theatre, and in Viet Nam. I bought it off a US Border Guard in 1980 for $200US. He was going through a shyte divorce. I still have the holster and belt, both 1943 marked. His Dad used the pistol in 1945, and he carried it in 1969-70. It bothered him to sell it (I would not have), but he knew it was going to a good home. I sold the pistol to a fellow collector upon leaving Canada for here. Thats one I regretted to sell.

Truly a legend in hanguns.

Cheers,

Wes

I envy you guys, I used to have a nice Browning Hi-power and an SKS, but got rid of them before returning to Canada. I figured it would be more hassle then it was worth to get them in legally.

ExSarge said:
Red,

Tell me you left the .45 stock, and did not customise it? I know there are a lot of ways to make that old iron into a better shooter, but the old soldier in me likes them just the way they came from the factory! Well, that is minus the six pounds of Cosmoline! Tell me do they still pack new weapons in that stuff or am I showing my age here?

Roger, my duty weapon —the P220— is factory stock. (We're not authorized to modify them.) My P229, which is my personal weapon, is also factory stock. I figure it shoots better out of the box than I ever will. The only thing I did to it was move the rear sight over with a sight pusher.

Sarge— That 1911 was a great pistol. You know, the last US government contract for 1911's was in 1945. All the .45 Colts used after that date were made in WW2. Even today, the MEUSOC .45's are built on WW2 frames and slides at the armament shop in Quantico. Pretty amazing.

Not exactly what pricing / availability would be in Canada but I have to put my vote in for the Springfield XD. It's a great weapon. I strongly prefer it to the Glock. It's got better safety features and, in my opinion, far easier target acquisition. The angle of the grip is different from the Glock (more details can be found on their website) and in my experience it makes feel like a natural extension of the arm (for lack of a better explanation). Quality, durability, and accuracy are just as good as a Glock. If you can't afford a Sig, go for an XD.

Hey 4444, welcome to the website. if you'd like please fill on some of your profile, so we all can get a chance to see what experience you have (former Mil, LEO etc IPSC perhaps), and I see you have already introduced yourself in your first post. Thanks, and again welcome.

Regards,

Wes

Back