• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PO2 Douglas Craig Blake, KIA 4 May 2010

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
RIP PO2...my condolences to all the boys down at NA (I know they are a close-knit bunch) and to the PO's family as well. 

:cdn:

RIP PO. Thanks for making that part of the world safer.. :salute:

Rest in peace, Petty Officer Second Class Blake, you have earned it. My heartfelt condolences to your family, friends, colleagues, the FDU(A). Ubique  :cdn: :yellow:

our condolences to his family and friends..........RIP  PO2Blake....... :salute:

News Room
Our Fallen Comrade Returns Home
LFCA MA 10-03 - May 5, 2010

OTTAWA – Our fallen comrade, Petty Officer Second Class Craig Blake of Maritime Forces Atlantic’s , Fleet Diving Unit, based in Shearwater, Nova Scotia, returns home to Canada tomorrow.

Where: 8 Wing, Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario.

When: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2 p.m.

What: At the request of the family media will not be permitted on the tarmac.

Present to pay their respects will be Her Excellency The Governor General of Canada, The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Minister of National Defence, The Honourable Peter MacKay, Vice Admiral Dean McFadden, Commander Maritime Command and other dignitaries.

Petty Officer Second Class Blake was killed after an improvised explosive device detonated during a dismounted operation, about 25 kilometres southwest of Kandahar City, in the Panjwayi District. The incident occurred at approximately 4:40 p.m. Kandahar time on May 3, 2010.

Petty Officer Second Class Blake was serving with Task Force 1-10.

-30-

For more information: 

Captain Mark Peebles, 8 Wing/CFB Trenton Public Affairs Officer
Tel: (613) 392-2811, ext. 2041, Cell: (613)-243-6358 or
via e-mail: mark.peebles@forces.gc.ca

As this is a solemn and formal occasion, all attending are requested to dress appropriately.

Any word on when his remains will be moved to Halifax? 

I'm about 5 minutes from where he would pass, and intend to bring the family out, but will need a timing.

NS

No details have been "officially" released as to where or when the internment will be yet. I have several soldiers waiting on the same info so they can attend the ceremony as Craig trained and deployed with 2CER to theatre....

It was a very well-done repat at Trenton.
From appearances, they emptied both FDU's of clearance divers/officers for the ceremony -- I've never seen that many dive dolphins on parade before.

itemimgaff.php

According to the Halifax Chronicle-Herald:
The body of Petty Officer 2nd Class Craig Blake is scheduled to be transported by motorcade this evening from Robert L. Stanfield International Airport to the Stadacona Chapel on the Canadian Forces Base Halifax.
The motorcade is expected to happen between 5:45 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., Canadian Navy said in a release ....

Paid my respects on the bridge by Dartmouth Crossing.  A lot of FDU faces there.  I shared a fire-truck with a couple of Air Force folks. 

NS

RIP PO2 Blake
fairweather winds
fairweather's gone
you will not be forgotten
condolences to comrades,, family.. and friends
navy,navy,navy comrades strong amen
scoty b

Back