• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Police Officers doing good things

I’ve only been pulled over once, but I absolutely will not identify myself as a cop at a traffic stop until and unless it’s clear the interaction is done and I’m free to go, and if I was eating a ticket I wouldn’t do so at all. Were I to be catching a warning for something, after it was done if it was clear there was scope for conversation I’d say what I do and thank the member on the road for doing the tougher work I rarely do anymore.

Anyone trying to tin me at a traffic stop is challenging my integrity and I would see it that way.
In my agency it's a Code of Conduct violation - and officers have lost their jobs in extreme cases - to use one's position or identification to gain any advantage or to avoid a ticket or the payment of duties and taxes.

I was "outed" once crossing the land border when the officer at primary recognized me because I trained him at our College. Other than that, I STFU.

This guy ended up suing the city and his captain over a bananas corrupt system of “courtesy cards” at the NYPD.

Our city issued individual ( not 30 to gift to family, friends and the public "in exchange for a discount" ) parking placards to members of the emergency services.

Was there some abuse of parking priviledges? Possibly.

Presumably, those placards were also observed during traffic stops.

I used to leave my tunic in the driver side rear window of my truck/car driving from NS to Ont and back. I never received a ticket, and I was pulled over.

After I stopped doing that, I got a ticket. Lesson learned.

Back