• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
pbi said:
Thanks very much FJAG. Send me the bill....

These days my hourly rates are massively reduced.

Based on my writing income it works out to about $0.07 an hour. I have a bill for $0.02 on the way to you. That's pretty much what my advice is worth these days.  :2c:

;D

:cheers:

FJAG said:
These days my hourly rates are massively reduced.

Based on my writing income it works out to about $0.07 an hour. I have a bill for $0.02 on the way to you. That's pretty much what my advice is worth these days.  :2c:

;D

Sooooo.....a bottle of good single malt would be like a five year retainer...?? :whistle:

pbi said:
Sooooo.....a bottle of good single malt would be like a five year retainer...?? :whistle:

Probably a bottle of New Amsterdam Coconut Vodka would do that.

That's $15.99 USD or $20.13 Cdn for 1.75 Lt here in Phoenix.

Rifleman62 said:
That's $15.99 USD or $20.13 Cdn for 1.75 Lt here in Phoenix.

US$11.99 for 750ml and US$18.99  for 1250ml here at ABC in Florida.

Add ice, 1/2 orange juice, 1/2 ginger ale and a dash of ICE black raspberry for a very nice tropical drink.

You're welcome.

Ontario PCs have a presser tomorrow at 9:30 am.

Rumor has it Patrick Brown wont be allowed to run. Best move they could make really.

Altair said:

Rumor has it Patrick Brown wont be allowed to run. Best move they could make really.

Hear! Hear!

Altair said:

I'm not sure about that. His recent problems aside, he seems to have the platform that stands the best chance of defeating the Wynne govt. He appears to have struck a balance in proposed policies that would have the widest appeal, without just being pseudo-Liberal on the one hand, or pandering to the more extreme socon vote on the other. But I say these things without having completed a detailed analysis of his policies.

That said, I've wondered from the start of this mess if the Tories were actually just looking for a way to dump him, for whatever reason. I noted that the caucus and his election team seemed to sever the lifeline very quickly, and one or two other Tory MPPs have since made comments which IMHO seemed to suggest dissatisfaction that predated the scandal.

Or maybe it was just factionalism bubbling away.

I must confess that I don't know much about Ontario politics (other than the fact that I had heart attacks just about every time I compared my in-laws electricity bill to mine in Quebec), but this is the first time in a long time that in Quebec, we are doing this about politics in another province ... and it's fun!

:pop: :pop: :pop:

:nod:

Except that sadly, Ontario politics is more about the cult of personality and buying votes through spending.

Patrick brown will not win the personality war with Wyne.  She's a very good campaigner but terrible at governing. 

It is telling that polls for the PC s went up with every other leadership candidate.

[quote author=Altair]

[/quote]

Why?

Remius said:
Except that sadly, Ontario politics is more about the cult of personality < snip >

I wonder if Ford Nation will be as powerful province-wide as it is city-wide?

Remius said:
<snip> buying votes through spending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ckIcOiJyH4

Attachments

• fordnation.jpg
    fordnation.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 129
I doubt it.  But some people might be fed up enough with Wynne to vote for him.

I'm not going to judge yet but he's not my first choice.

If he wins the leadership I'll look a bit closer.  I don't want to paint him with the Rob Ford Brush some will inevitably do. 

Jarnhamar said:

Because the PC ship was taking on water.  Before the harassment claims, Wynne was closing the gap with Brown and she might have just pulled out another win over him.  His issues are creating a distraction and will likely fracture the party when what they should be doing is getting to the business of picking a leader that can win.  By staying in the race his presence causes too many disruptions.

Do you want o hear about what the PCs will offer Ontario or do you want to keep hearing about what they think of Brown?  Because that is what will happen if he stays in the race.

Remius said:
I don't want to paint him with the Rob Ford Brush some will inevitably do.

Rob was the more likeable of the pair.  :)

Or, paint him with the same brush as another well known politician, as some will inevitably do,

February 19, 2018

Sun

"Doug Ford tears a page from Donald Trump’s script book"
http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonokoski-doug-ford-tears-a-page-from-donald-trumps-script-book

mariomike said:
Rob was the more likeable of the pair.  :)

Or, paint him with the same brush as another well known politician, as some will inevitably do,

February 19, 2018

Sun

"Doug Ford tears a page from Donald Trump’s script book"
http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonokoski-doug-ford-tears-a-page-from-donald-trumps-script-book

which is why he also isn't my first choice.

Mulroney or Elliott for me.  The others might have me vote for another party/candidate. but I'm more of a red tory.

Remius said:
Because the PC ship was taking on water.  Before the harassment claims, Wynne was closing the gap with Brown and she might have just pulled out another win over him.  His issues are creating a distraction and will likely fracture the party when what they should be doing is getting to the business of picking a leader that can win.  By staying in the race his presence causes too many disruptions.

Do you want o hear about what the PCs will offer Ontario or do you want to keep hearing about what they think of Brown?  Because that is what will happen if he stays in the race.

That makes sense, thanks.  Amazing that  Wynne is even a possibility.  Maybe Ontario deserves her though.

If after the last 12 years of financial fiascoes and blatant mismanagement folks here cast a liberal ballot instead of (fill in the blank including Attila the Hun) than we deserve to go down the toilet!!

Looks like brown will be allowed to run.

How this doesn't tear apart the party for the next few weeks and how he isn't a giant liability during a campaign versus wynne is beyond me.

Amazing how the PCs keep finding ways to self destruct.

Another misspoke. This is the new headline at CTV/CBC. Originally it was India investing $1B in Canada. Now its India investing $250K in Canada and Canada investing $750K in India.

Script please.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-announces-two-way-investment-deal-with-india-1.3810630#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=4SBbqtQ

Trudeau announces two-way investment deal with India

Attachments

• India 1.JPG
    India 1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 146
  • India.JPG
    India.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back