• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible sell- Elcan Spectre DR

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I'm putting this here because it is not a 100% guarantee yet.

It sounds like a friend of mine will be able to get more Elcan Spectre DR sights from Dimaco.  Their tan in colour and  sold for $500 each. 
I'm told they retail at $1799-ish and there can be up to a 2 year waiting period.

Their legit, not fake and not stolen or anything.
I'm going to confirm the price and colour but I expect it to be the same.  Our platoon picked up 25 of them of him before heading overseas last year. He said he has more available and asked me  I know anyone who wants one.  I think I'm going to offer them first to guys heading over to Afghanistan or there currently. He isn't making any money off of the sights and I'd rather see them go to people heading over (at least at first instead of people buying them and reselling em to make a quick buck).

If the is enough interest posted here I'll see what I can do for hooking people up.
If your interested mention it in the thread here and I'll get back to you.

ELCAN%20SPECTAR%20DR.jpg

Their a 1 power and 4 power magnification (changed by means of a switch).
The different range's are already marked inside the sight.
There's a knob which can give you a single red dot or light up the whole reticule for low light shooting.

Interesting, I will pass it on to my troops.  If I were the younger kit monger me I would be tempted to try it at that price. 

Is this the new gen Spectre DR?  The old gen had issues with the zero shifting.

Anyone's Grunt said:
Is this the new gen Spectre DR?  The old gen had issues with the zero shifting.

Shit son you think I'm gonna send you out into indian country with a zero-shifting sight? Why don't you just call me a freedom hater  ;)

No They are the newer models that I'm told have that problem fixed.

Just wondering, seeing as how they're going for about half the price of retail.  There's no such thing as a free lunch!  ;D

Anyone's Grunt said:
Just wondering, seeing as how they're going for about half the price of retail.  There's no such thing as a free lunch!  ;D

Pfft yeah there is... the munchies we get when we're work....oh....

Anyone's Grunt said:

Clearly you never worked with the airforce.

As explained in a PM, they have minor paint blemishes on some or the colour doesn't pass strict standards set out by the US. Unless you looked for it you can't tell the difference (I couldn't).

When I brought this up I was told that using aftermarket sights that aren't in the system is considered modifying my weapon. I don't have ready access to the DIN, can someone explain this one to me futher?

When I get back to work, I'll ask around for you.

But WRT that, just off the top of my head - yeah, you're adding a sight and modifying your weapon.

Is there a problem with that? I don't see one, but your COC may respond differently. I currently have my own sight on my weapon, my own upper and lower handguard and my own foregrip. No one seems to mind, especially since the OC has a unique setup as well.

Is there a document out there saying this is not allowed? I'm uncertain, but just asking your COC I'm sure will give you an aye or nay response.

ThainC.

I'll Certainly pass this on to my guys, can you confirm that $800 is the set price?
As for this being a 'mod' to the weapon, there is no permanent alteration of the weapon itself and considering that there have been numerous discussions on this in the past with the consensus being that this is not a modification in the weapon so much as the round still travels the same velocity out of the barrel, and nothing operational has been affected.  Also, considering that there are some trials going on with this  very sight, there is no reason why this could not be used by those interested in obtaining Elcan's product.  Flawed Design, Please PM me for more details for purchase and delivery. Thanks,
Fraz

Snaketnk said:
When I brought this up I was told that using aftermarket sights that [bold]aren't in the system[/bold] is considered modifying my weapon. I don't have ready access to the DIN, can someone explain this one to me futher?

But they ARE in the system.  CANSOFCOM uses these sights.  They're not in YOUR system, but in the CF's system nonetheless.

Well, despite recently aquiring an ACOG and a Eotech, I might be up for one of these too....

I'm applying for a tour right now, no idea if I'll actually get on, but if there's any left after guys heading over now have gotten them, I'd like one.

I was in Flawed's platoon overseas for part of the tour, and can vouch for everything he's said. One of the dudes has a close connection with ELCAN, and every now and then a batch comes through (usually contracted by US SOCOM) where the paint job just doesn't quite meet spec. The sights themselves are in perfect shape, a number of our guys used them all tour. The sights are entirely legit, but are essentially 'surplus' due to the paint flaw.

need to put a hold on the sights for now. Sounds like he is running out. I'll forward the PMs I got to him but won't entertain any new requests until he tells me he has more in stock.

I am expecting one to arrive next week.

I will make a run out to the range and do some testing (1X vs 4X) to confirm POA to see if there's any shift.

I will take photos and post results here on completion if that's desirable.

I have handled the DR before, but never fired with them.

NS

Optic arrived today, in better than expected condition, came with battery, cleaning wipes/spray and a soft pouch for transport.

Will report on function testing shortly.

NS

Navy

I can save you the time on the POA shift.

PM me

Edit: To not sound like I am mentaly challanged.

Back