• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Post-army civie occupations

I found this thread while searching for up to date TOS information for combat engineer. I'm just in the middle of re-opening my file and the TOS for CE is now 5 years, not 3 years as it was when this thread was first started (today it was 5 years, but a few weeks ago someone else at the recruiting centre told me 4... so we'll go with 5 yrs just to be on the safe side).

I figured I'd put this up just in case someone else came along looking for CE TOS info, or post-civvie occupations.   

I have a close family member who is a SSM WFFE (sp?) tech.He does soil analysis/water purification etc.He's pretty well set after retirement from the army.

SprCForr said:
Doh! I forgot an entire field! No Cbt Engrs do not learn how to use AutoCad or Micro-Survey. They may pick up the training if it is required on an individual basis. As for technician or technologist I'm not sure.

I do know one thing though. The tons of lurkers out there will probably know. So how about it lurkers? You know who you are and you know I know who you are!  ;D  :dontpanic:
Hi Tom, its John Boy from the old days, the best advice I can give is get as many courses that you can and dont burn any bridges (contacts are the key). When you get out transfer to a Reserve unit while you get your new life in order. This has many benefits, to the unit you join passing on your experience,  and a great way to keep contacts etc.  I am also always looking for people who can travel and do any number of neat things.
John Boy out

Hey with is ASD, you could get out, do the college thing, if you don't have the WO's course, and come back as a civie instructor at CFSME! :crybaby:

Also the U.N. has a job list for all kinds of skill's taught at CFSME and one of the major point' s is they prefer ex. military.

Also as John boy said join a Militia unit when you get out or re muster while in and go Air Field Eng.,pick a trade and they cover everything from whiffee's to surveying and the trade's are welcomed with open arm's on civie st just because of your training and experience especially if you have have a few tour's under your belt.

Spr.Earl said:
Also the U.N. has a job list for all kinds of skill's taught at CFSME and one of the major point' s is they prefer ex. military.

Also as John boy said join a Militia unit when you get out or re muster while in and go Air Field Eng.,pick a trade and they cover everything from whiffee's to surveying and the trade's are welcomed with open arm's on civie st just because of your training and experience especially if you have have a few tour's under your belt.

Hey there, where can I find that UN Link?

Lager and Ale said:
http://jobs.un.org/  That should do ya ;D
Thank's L@A I forgot to post the link.

All the job's are as what call "C.E." job's.
If I remember right you sign a 6 month contract first and if you perform you are asked to sign another and if I remember it will be for 1 yr and after a further review longer contract's will be offered and all your earning's and bonus' are tax free or were?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back