• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted to Edmonton....Car insurance question.

Prariedawg

Inactive
Reaction score
Im being posted to Edmonton from MB and I heard you can get car insurance trough the Canex for supercheap compared to other firms in the city,anyone know if thats true?If not does anyone have a good place for cheap insurance in Edmonton?Thanx.

I have no idea about the Canex, but "cheap" "car insurance" and "Alberta" do not go together in a sentence unless you're being sarcastic. Things may have improved since they instituted the insurance reforms in October, but your best bet is to call around to a bunch of different companies and get quotes from each.

I just set up an account with statefarm insurance in Ontario (although they have agents in Alberta too) and I'm pretty satisfied with the deal I'm getting.  This website might help if you are interested.

http://www.statefarm.ca/

try meloche monex through the td bank, they are cheaper than canex

watch out for the macintyre insurance, they are at 170st and 110ave, they dont like military people, I got a quote for a 91 buick century for 630 for plpd and 930 for full and i went to the personal and they were like 100 dollars for full and 65 for plpd. I have been now with the personal for about 3 yrs

Go with the Personal....I got stuck with CAA and had a claim and couldn't get away from them.  With that said, spend a day calling around to everyplace in the book and get quotes, it's the best and safest idea you can do.  Or you can cheat and keep the MB insurance if you have a place you can get all your info sent to there ( although that would be wrong, really it would).  Also, when they ask you if you want glass coverage, unless you are driving something expensive, just decline it.  The deductable isn't worth it.

Depending on your age and driving history. I say stay away from the personal. My wife and I have always been through state farm and she got a ridiculous quote from the personal. The had wanted to charge her 390monthly for a truck she was only paying 130 for. So shop around, call a broker the prices are much better since the legislation can into effect.

Back