• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted

I finally finished my screening for Suffield and now waiting for the final mesg to come back.
Anybody else here been posted to Suffield and be able to tell me what to expect besides brits, 3 trees, glow in the dark grass and isolation?

I know most of the sig ops that are out there.  Where are you going there?  Guns, PPCLI or base?

uniballer said:
I finally finished my screening for Suffield and now waiting for the final mesg to come back.
Anybody else here been posted to Suffield and be able to tell me what to expect besides brits, 3 trees, glow in the dark grass and isolation?

Aside from exercises, and occasional visits to my friend, I have not been to Suffield.  I do, however, have a friend who fell so much in love with the place that he got out rather than be posted away.

I see him once in a while, and visit him occasionally as well - he's happy, he loves the wide open spaces, and he highly recommends that part of the country to everyone he meets.

Personally, I'm more of a "mountain" person, than a "prairie" person - but different strokes for different folks.

Having said all that - I cannot think of a single place which cannot be made a wonderful posting by dint of trying.  Approached with the right attitude, and a willingness to pitch in and make a difference, there is no place on earth which cannot be a satisfying place to live.

You'll have a good time no matter where you may be posted - you bring the good times with you.

Roy Harding

[flash=200,200]http://Message is in!!!!

Going to the language school here on base for the year long course.

But of course, Afghanistan is calling and I must answer the call before I go parlez le ding dong.[/flash]

Going on a year long French course    8)  :threat:  :warstory:

uniballer said:

CANCELLED..........still in posting limbo though

signalsguy said:
Why not a year long Pashto course?
::)

Speaking of silly things, this guy at supply in KAF told us he could not give us IR flags because he never had any.  He gave us the infrared ones instead.  lol.  (you may think I am joking but this actually happened).  Well Mohamad is calling, got to go.

Since we are on a sandy topic, I should ask how you like the new unit?  Are you guys going to start wearing tan Cadpat to match your hats? lol

I got my posting, getting sent off to CFB Winnipeg. Not sure what I'll be doing over there, but it looks like the chances of deployment just dropped off a bit.

One step closer to the big "A-stan"

I'll be showing my ugly mug in Pet at HQ and Sigs as of late September.

Anyone know what a newbie does there?

Sigs Guy said:
What would a Sig Op do in Winnipeg?

Load the paper into the printers in the message centre. Maybe if you're lucky you will re-ink the stamp pads...

I honestly have no idea. Probably working in the message centre though.

Mojo Magnum said:
One step closer to the big "A-stan"

I'll be showing my ugly mug in Pet at HQ and Sigs as of late September.

Anyone know what a newbie does there?

Yes, hehehehe. (by the way, that is my evil laugh)

You may miss the boat this time to the sandbox though as you will not get the training in time for the deployment.  Things aren't as rosy as they appear.  War has no glamour except in the movies.

You will probably start off in the CP or Rover section.

Well I'm getting out of Shilo and heading to JSR, 1 Sqn D Troop.  Anyone know how deployable the troop is?  From what I gather from people around here is that it will pretty much be like my job here in Shilo, IS Section...weeeeee

Back