• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRAISE FOR CFRC/Ds

At which CFRC have you applied and have had a positive experience? Please respond ONLY if you were r

• CFRC VANCOUVER (Victoria and Kelowna)

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • CFRC CALGARY (Yellowknife and Edmonton)

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • CFRC WINNIPEG (Regina, Thunder Bay and Saskatoon)

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • CFRC HAMILTON (London, Kitchener and Windsor)

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • CFRC TORONTO (Barrie, Mississsauga and Oshawa)

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • CFRC OTTAWA (North Bay, Sault ste Marie, Sudbury and Kingston)

• CFRC MONTREAL (Rouyn Noranda, and Sherbrooke)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • CFRC QUEBEC (Chicoutimi, Sept-Isles, Trois Riveries and Rimouski)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • CFRC FREDERICTON (Bathurst, Saint John and Charlottetown)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • CFRC HALIFAX (Cornerbrook, St John's and Sydney)

• Total voters

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Please indicate at which CFRC that you applied to within the last three years and have a positive and relatively problem-free processing experience and post why that was (professional and knowledgeable staff, good clean facilities, speedy processing, etc.).  If you applied at a Detachment please post which one.  Thank you.

The CFRC I applied to was located in Mississauga so I'm guessing that's a detatchment from the Toronto CFRC. In any case throughout the entire application process things seemed to move quite smoothly. The staff were largely available when needed for questions and very polite and straight forward. The whole process took not much over 2 months with the only problem being a small scheduling conflict pushing my interview back a day which in reality isn't a big problem at all. I recieved my calls when I was told I'd recieve my calls. Completed my medical, physical, CFAT and interview without having to wait much more than ten minutes after entering the CFRC. Overall a friendly, speedy staff who knew their stuff and more importantly knew how to make people comfortable. The staff even let me make a call home on their busy phones. However I am upset that I didn't qualify for the complimentary Swedish masseuse or Air Miles :p

Mine is in North Bay, would that be a detachment of Ottawa? Would be great if you could clarify before I vote, thanks.

Well, i "voted" for Hamilton to stay on the island  ;D , since my app ended up at CFRC/D Kitchener.  Nothing but praise for that cnetre.  Everyone was very professional, helpful and easy going.  Once my App got to the RC, it wasn't more than three weeks before everything was done! fantastic!

cheers and Thank you Kin C. and the RC teams

PV

CFRC detachment in Victoria, BC; I checked CFRC Vancouver.  I handed in all my paperwork back in September 2005, they offered lots of help, gave me all the information I needed and suggested trades that I might be interested in.  They told me to expect to leave for BMQ in late January/early February, and I ended up getting the call last month advising me that my course date was Feb 20th, so they were very accurate too.  All in all, it was a very positive experience.

To be honest, in the duration of my initial joining and OT, I've gotten what i expected out of the CFRC. Obviously some bumps in the road, but it could have been an incredibly frustrating experience if it were not for the staff at CFRC Toronto. Obviously, like anywheres, i've run into the odd individual who must have been having a bad day, but for the most part, the staff made the difference between a raise in morale, and blood pressure.

Applied at CFRC Calgary. Got my paperwork in Oct 27. Ship off to BMQ Feb 18th. I've been told that that time-frame is rather quick. My only complaints are the Christmas break happened to be right in the middle of the process, and that if you called your file manager and left a message, rarely would they phone you back. Other than that, everything went fairly smooth. Cheers -Cameron

I believe that the Physicians Assistant (Vancouver RC) went above and beyond regarding some questions I had during my recruiting process. I was researching medical requirements for a particular trade that I am interested in pursuing. He contacted a couple of individuals (senior officers) back east and forwarded me their responses. This had nothing to do with the enrollment medical. And I got what I wanted in writting. ;)

Ryan

I thought that the CFRC at Edmonton was pretty good with my application, and did help me along the with the process well. The only problem I had was at the end of my recruiting process I was enlisted for the Infantry, and was given an offer for the PPCLI which I accepted. However I was told after the job offer that I basically had to choose between quitting out of the forces due to my vision, or go in for a different trade afterwards. I do wish that I was told about the chance more ahead of time instead of being told a few days after getting offered a job. I realize that it is out of the CFRC det hands, however a heads up to all recruits about the new vision standards atleast a few months ahead of time would have been more beneficial.

I've noticed some people have voted for the CFRC in Frederiction, im wondering how the process went when dealing with them?

I have to give two thumbs up for CFRC Mississauga. The staff there where phenomenal, they made you want to join if I got cold-feet when you entered the doors.

London handled both mine and my husband's files. They have been very helpful, informative and professional. A great experience.

:blotto: engage brain before opening mouth... gotcha

(could you edit away your post there please?)

thanks..

I thought since I had to modify my post I would comment on my experience at CFRC Ottawa.

I recently completed an online application that was handled by CFRC Ottawa. I have nothing but praise for the staff at CFRC Ottawa. They are professional, personable and are extremely knowledgeable. If they did not know the answer to a question, they would look into it and give you some feedback almost immediately which given the amount of applicants they receive, is extremely impressive. In fact, before I knew it, I was at the final stages of my application. I never once felt intimidated, inferior or mistreated. I also appreciated their honesty and experience in regards to career related questions.

I would have to say to anyone in the Ottawa area who is apprehensive about visiting the centre or is intimidated by the Recruiters (as I once was); don't be. Ottawa does an excellent job at helping you through the process, getting your feet wet and answering any questions you may have.

Montreal staff were great. In 2003, took me 2 1/2 months to get into the reserves and about 8 months for my CT ( had to postpone interview due to QL3 so substract 2 months ).

CFRC Toronto - Oshawa detachment.
Excellent, always had good communications with them. They had good information to give out, didn't mind answering questions even if you had 1000 of them ;D
Through the whole process (except xmas break) I was never much more than 2 weeks without some kind of communication with them. (usually setting up dates)

Some info on my situation: 21yrs old Applied for Full Time, Reg Force  Line Tech (was told it was closed by the Capt. during interview) / Sig Op / Infantry

Was called and given a job offer for Sig Op.. Heres my time line.

Nov. 25 - (roughly) handed in my application
Dec. 3  - CFAT
Dec. 19 - Medical
Jan. 11 - Interview
Feb. 1 - PT Test
Feb. 15 - Sworn In
Mar. 6 - Off to St Jean for BMQ

Cant complain about that, I even had to have some extra med sheets handed in. quick!

I've been pleased thus far with the Toronto CFRC. Despite the fact that I had to call them to finally get a date booked for my CFAT, the rest of my testing has been booked for early next month. The staff have been friendly, informative, and very encouraging.

So far, thumbs up.  :salute:

Back