• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, and caffine is on the list to, which i was originally "no" to as well, (this is just after the CFAT when they give youa  sheet to fill out) but the guy said "are you .. SURE" haha

Piccillo said:
I am seriously thinking i should have lied about my shroom experiance.

Whoever told you that doing the right thing would be easy? Life is a tough teacher, it gives you the test then the lesson.

Suck it up, and take the lesson now. It will make you a better person. No one is owed anything in this life, and in the end all you have is your word- once that is lost, so is everything else.

2 spins around the Sun isn't that long.

You might feel it would be better to have lied now but if it ever came to light that you lied during your interview I guarantee you would not have a legal leg to stand on. Honesty is the best policy, to tell the truth and take the consequences shows character. Lying about it and then having your buddies find out about it later only lets the whole team down and you would never be trusted again.

In the mean time make use of your two years, get on courses that will make you even more of an asset to the CF. You will be seen as someone who turned their life around and as an example to others.

Thats what im pretty much doing.

I am taking these 2 years to get into better physical condition, to better serve the CF. And I will try and get a degree, but with my poor school situation, that might not happen. but ima try anyhow ^_^

Yeah. like Graeme said.. You have lots of time for BMQ pre Training... I will be doing my Reserves BMQ next school year (apporximately 1 year and 4 months away)  and i have JUST started training... I hope to be in better shaoe then most.. set some goals ... like for instance i got goals like...by the time BMQ hits i want to be able to run 5 km in 18 minutes (hard as it is thats my goal lol)  and i want to be able to do 30 chinups, 50 situps and 50 pushups (cosecutively of course)  Also your goals could very well be as said before.. get a degree in tech and maybe one in something else too  (if you can afford it) and train alot!!!

Best of wishes to you and if you ever want a training buddy I will be glad to... i am Hamilton mountain but i will come to you or visa versa depending on circumstances.

good luck. :salute: :cdn:

Thats brutal troop sorry to hear that. If the way your write on here say anything about your atitude than you'll be a definate asset to the army. Wait out, the army will still be here...(hopefully...lol)

Think about applying for the British Army. From what I've read, they're not quite so........uptight about drug use. There is drug testing of course, and drug use in the past is frowned upon, but they understand that some young people try drugs and probably won't make you wait 2 years. Plus you have another chance at that interview.

get a drug test, show them its not in your system. or anywhere else for that matter. Could work, most likely not.

im waiting the 2 years, i might try again next summer and tell them to test me if they think it will be aproblem, for a one time use I shouldnt have to wait the full 3 years.

I do however have one qeustion that i have GREAT fear about after reading some other posts related to mine.

IN how ever long it takes, I join, but They decide to acecpt me, yet not hire me or give me a job, because of my past drug use. I didnt do PCP or anything, and I never did it regularly. I was bluntly honest about it and im going to wait it out. But am I just pissing in the wind here? are they going to shut me down anyhow because i have done it, no matter how long ago? if so it would be nice to know now. even though the guy said come back. Im sure if he knew i wasnt ever going to make it, he woulda told me. i was really dissapointed in myself in his office, and i showed it with great sighs and such :p.

aside from that one question..whats BMQ? Basic..uhh...Military..uhh...quiz? lol i have no idea.

I just got off a 9 hour shift at work, i been up almost a full 24 hours (army testing included) and am sore, sorry if my post made no sence.

And traning, Im your man! Im getting my license soon and should be able to go up to you at least some of the time (busses suck but are helpfull ^_^)

OH and as for the British army. I am canadian, like the beer commericals say so!! And how much of a fool would i look like. British uniform on, Yet a canadian Tatoo on my leg, yea, real patriotic for me *cheer*

Canadian army is what i want. Argylls is what i want. I never get what i want, but i want this more!!

Um, a drug test for mushrooms would involve a spinal tap, which is neither comfortable nor cheap...  And I don't think the CF is worried about the residual drugs more than the lack of judgement shown so close to applying for such an important position...

B.N.S.

Hey,

This is a reply for what the come back in 2 years. I knew a guy cant say names, just recently got in the forces he was the biggest dope dealer around you name it he sold it and even did it, When i joined the the reserves when i was 16 years old he envvied me, he wanted to do it too but he couldnt stop his drug addiction. Im now 22 years old and im in the regular force i saw him a month ago when i was on vacation in owen sound he was based at CFB meaford, this was is his first year in the army, he is totally changed guy now doesnt even do drugs anymore let alone drink, but my point is he did drugs up to the point before he got in he stopped at the recruiting stage, and they didnt tell him to come back in 2 years cause if they told him that he would still be out there selling and doing it, but he is not i dont know what he said to them but im sure if you called the to make an appointment to tell them what you didnt get to tell them then im sure they would reconsider i know my friend did that he told them that he sold  it and they didnt want to hear about it the told him to leave and 2 weeks later he had a chance to prove that he would do it and to explain the rest of his story and why he really wanted to be in the army, he told me that the army changed him for good and that he is happy that they gave him a second chance at the interview. I really hope they give you a second chance everyone deserves a second chance to explain themselves, so talk with your recruiting office and see what you can do this is all the info i can give you
i really hope this helps

MCPL King :cdn:

he sounds like one of my friends :p but my friend didnt join the army, he became a cop :p

The way im thinking about working this now is to Train like a mofo till next Summer, Then try again. Im not exactly at the level of fitness i wanted to be at when I join the armed forces, But I was going to join anyhow. Now I think ima Train first, Then join.

^_^ thanks for the help though

Hey,

I just read your relpy back to what i had said. Well that is a good idea to train if you think you are unable to hack it physically. When i joined i knew i was going to have a problem i was 5 3 and i still am and at the time i wieghed 100 lbs now it is 110lbs but i thought that man cause i was small that it aint happening but i tell you the BMQ and and the SQ isnt really physically demanding at all it is more your emotions they get at how well  you can do things under stress that kinda stuff, well im sure what ever you choice you will be happy with but if the army is what you really want to do i would jump at the first chance you get cause later you maybe kicking yourself in the ass for not going for it the first time, well im sure they would give you a second chance at the interview but then again in 2 years you can straighten your self out and try again.

i hope that whatever you do in life you secceed
but remember that there is only once chance in life to jump at something great

MCPL King :cdn:

in case you are wondering what BMQ and SQ and BIQ stand for:
BMQ stands for basic military qualifications
SQ stands for soldier qualifications and every soldiers needs take this course before they are a really soldier and before you can get your private level 1
BIQ is your Basic infantry qualifications you only take this course if you want to be an infantry soldier this is where it gets tough.

:cdn:

031 infantry all the way!

lol

m going in next summer to try again, i figure any sooner and itll just be harder then it has to be. im in good enough shape now, but i dont want to be in good enough shape. i wanna be in perfect shape.

The thing is, your didn't acctually consume the drug. You put it in your mouth then spit it out.  I don't think that constitutes "taking shrooms".

yea, i never once said i "DID" shrooms, i was reading threw the list, and i saw "magic mushrooms" i said "i have tried that once". i think i made a BIG BIG technical error in not .. elaborating on the topic.

but saying i never even tried them, would be a flat out lie. because i have, just just never DONE them. Its a fine line thnat i never crossed. But i dont think the army really cares. Like someone said already, its not the fact that i might still have drugs in my system, its that i was irresponsible enough to take them in the first place. or *TRY* them.

either way, everything in life happens for a reason. In this case its to tell me that im not ready in some way for the army life, or that somthing is going to happen in the next year o.o Either way ima work out like crazy to get in the best possible shape, and i will stay surrounded by things going on in the army. ^_^ Arguing with the people who say what goes is never a good idea, right or wrong, they are right. always.

In my mind, and I imagine in others as well, "TRY" and "DID" is the exact same thing. I wouldn't assume everyone knows there's a difference .. if there even is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back