• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't.  I smoked some dope in high school, and admitted it to recruiters, that I hadn't touched the stuff in a few years, and was told that it was nothing they were worried about... best not to lie about it, of course.

Okay, Ive read a lot already on this subject but im getting too many different answers....so im gonna write my own.  Im 18 Ive smoked weed a couple of times (literally) in my life. I really hated the stuff, knew it was bad for my health and any ambitions i might have in the future....so i havent touched the stuff since and i dont plan on ever doing drugs again.  THis is what im planning on telling the recruiter....is this a good idea?  Do they give everyone urine tests and how long does marijuana stay in the system.  ANd lastly since i only did it twice and i dont plan on doing it ever again should this be a major problem?  Please dont answer this topic if youre not sure of what youre talking about ...i need definite answers.  THanks. Peace.

Ok buddy when it comes to pot it all depends on frecunancy of use and how much. Since you said it was only twice then it shouldn't be dectable in a urine test after 1 1/2 months(That means no weed at all including SECOND HAND SMOKE)  But if you are just in case a heavy user it could be between 3-6 months.

If it were a blood test it will stay in a lot longer cause is stored in your fat tissues, how long i'm not sure there is a plenty off sites that will tell you. But stay off for 6 months just in case thats why the recruiters will tell you. IF your going to the regualar force they will take a blood test during BMQ, in the reserves from what i have heard its just a urine test.

Hope it answers your question!

Mod edit - second hand smoke will not create "false positives". That being said, people in, or aspiring to be in the Military should not be in situations that expose them to secondhand smoke....

When making statements to your Recruiter, I wouldn't recommend throwing "peace" on the end.....   :)

Finally after 3 weeks of waiting by phone I got my call to do my last 2 things, interview/medical. I'm not so worried about my interview, but my medical... I was wondering what should I be expecting? Is there anything I should bring? what exactly goes on during the medical?

From the FAQ (you might want to read this, it's always the first post in this board/topic).

See Medical test  --  http://army.ca/forums/threads/18298.0.html

For my medical I had to strip down to my shorts and then he would look in my ears and mouth and all that stuff. They bend your arm and legs around and ask you "does it hurt when I do this". They also ask you do walk in weird ways so that it shows them you have nothing wrong with your legs or anything like that. Oh and if you're wondering if they cup a feel and ask you to cough, they dint. That is pretty much it.

Edit: Sorry forgot another thing. They put a set of headphones on your ears and ask you to push a button everytime you hear the beep sound. They make you do a standard eye exam where you need to identify letters from a distance and look at a book and identify numbers that are hard to see.... you'll see when you get there. Nothing to be worried about.

Hope that answers some questions.

medical. show up and fill out medical history form. urinate in designated container. take aforementioned container and form into adjoining room. do vision test without glasses(if applicable) and then w/ glasses. then colour blindness test. followed by hearing test. you then leave that room and get turned over to a medic of your sex. they will take you into another room and review medical history form. they will ask you to disrobe leaving only appropriate undergarments and leave while you are doing it. then return and check ears, eyes, and breathing in various positions. then a quick reflex hammer thing... which is weird, kinda like in the movies, then they tell you to get dressed and you are done. it was my experience that unless you have something obviously wrong about you, if your health everyday is normal then you have nothing to worry about.

If you have asthma, heart issues, bloodpressure etc. Be ready to face A CRAP load of question and possible rejection, escpeically if you are going for R-031 Infantry.

if you had any past or present injury, concussion, broken bone, if you have any scar, etc.

SEB123 said:
if you had any past or present injury, concussion, broken bone, if you have any scar, etc.

How much does it slow down your application process if you have?

what does the medical all intall? and do they need my doctors file and do any reocuringinjuries  prevent a person from passing the medical?

Hello,

Please check this link from the FAQs and see if your questions have been answered.  If not, I'm sure someone here can help you out.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/17073/post-103980.html#msg103980

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back