• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read these, you're not the first one.......

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103982.html#msg103982

George said:
welll, never had and medicals done before nore have i had any rehab...im not a drugie ive been up pot for 3 months now and iand i have my CFAT and Interview on the 31st of may and then my med and phys about 2 weeks later so i would have been free and clear of pot for about 4 months...and i tired shrooms once and E once as well...

Minimum acceptable time for pot is 6 months since last consumption.  Shrooms and E they take much more seriously (as they should) the minimum time since last consumption is 3 years.

Locked,
Search the recruiting forums and you will find just about everything possible on this subject discussed.

Sorry Bruce but I have to add this.

Folks we will not help you cheat the system and if you ask how you can beat the system you will be warned and possibly banned!

What kind of tests are run in the medical? The ones I know of are blood pressure and vision. I'm sure that's not it. Just curious  ;D

They make you pee in a cup and check your hearing.

You have to strip to your underwear, and examine you head to toe. The Dr. checked my joints by moving my legs and arms in full range of motion. Made me touch my toes, walk around (making sure I had good posture, no back problems etc.) Checked my reflexes, eyes, nose, ears. etc. etc.

They want to be sure you are in good health, and that nothing is going to cause you or them problems in the future.

Don't sweat it, it is not any different than going to your family doctor and getting a physical.

Height and weight.  You fill out a questionaire on your health and family history; ie. if cancer or high blood pressure run in you family, if you are currently on medication, do you have any allergies, are you a smoker, you know......those types of questions.  You will also do a audio test to test your hearing and a basic eye test (cover one eye and read the chart).  You may have to go for a blood and/or urine test if they question some of the results of these tests and questions.  It is usually a very quick and painless test.  At various times in your career you will have chest x-rays done.  You will have a needle book and be kept up to date with all the innoculations you require.  You are usually in very good hands.

Thanks  ;)  I figured it would be something along those lines. I have mine on Monday, as far as i know I'm in good health. I hope I can get my fitness test soon. I was told to call them before I leave the recruiting center, that a possibility of having it the same day is there. That'd be nice. That's all I have left to do.

It's funny how they are.  I did mine on Monday.  It's the first physical I have had done with all my clothes on.  
They were going to turn me down because I ticked off non-deployable.  The Dr. said if I wasn't deployable I wasn't employable.  I spent five minutes explaining my role as a CIC, and my full time career with Toronto Fire Services (25 years).   Then went through the whole thing again with the personal weapon question, not trained.

They do a prostate check on the men, so have thanks youre female

INACCURATE INFORMATION - INFANTEER

SeanPaul_031 said:
They do a prostate check on the men, so have thanks youre female

Really?  I've had four full medicals (2 for career purposes, 2 for DAG/AAG for deployment) and I've never got a prostate check (finger up the bum) - are you sure about that or are you just talking through your hat again?

Infanteer said:
Really?   I've had four full medicals (2 for career purposes, 2 for DAG/AAG for deployment) and I've never got a prostate check (finger up the bum) - are you sure about that or are you just talking through your hat again?

He most definately is. I think the doctor just liked him  ;).

The prostate thing is only for those over a certain age, it is not part of the medical test you get done during the recruiting process.

Copper_ said:
The prostate thing is only for those over a certain age, it is not part of the medical test you get done during the recruiting process.

That's what I thought - I remember bugging the Platoon Warrant about getting it during the AAG - good way to earn yourself some extra duties....

Anyways, Mr SeanPaul031, you are now giving out false information on the recruiting forum, which is in direct violation of the following conduct guidelines:

Mike Bobbitt said:
[*]You will not post any material which is knowingly false.

Mike Bobbitt said:
So our request is this: Please qualify unconfirmed information posted here.

That is, if you didn't witness it first hand or read it in the CFAO's, state that it's an opinion, rumour or best guess. We won't think any less of you for not "knowing" the information. In fact, we'll all appreciate the honesty, and it'll likely save readers heartache later on, when they find out (the hard way) that it wasn't exactly bang on. If you do know the source, please reference it with a link or include the related information in your post. If the source information is large or takes the discussion off topic you may want to consider making use of a footnote1 to provide references and sources that back up your claims.

There are lots of discussions which take place on this forum in which either none or all of us are "experts" in some way (politics, rifles, etc).   It's great that we can all discuss the daily news and have civil debate on contentious matters, however these boards are no different than the real world, and if you provide information to back up your claim, you better be willing to give us some proof.   If you base your opinions off of hearsay and rumor, be prepared to be called to task when you use up bandwidth on this board to tell us about it.

You're moving onto the ramp pretty quickly here.   I'd suggest you read Mr Bobbitt's Policy Guidelines carefully and try out the "Gray Man" role for a while.

Yea..lol, my boxers didn't come off for my medical. Thankyfully.

Prostate exams..........well all i know about that is if I was a man i'd get checked for that at some point in my life...my grandfather died of prostate cancer...he had the exam to late. So I don't think it's very funny personally.

I did not have to get undressed for my medical. I did have to have a few tests done by my regular doctor because of my age. I was given 30 days to get those results in to the med dept. The tests were some blood work (make sure you're not diabetic) and a cardio gram. Both results were fine according to my doctor and done within 10 days.

I just did my medical this week and I'd recommend taking PT gear with you if you're a girl. Sounds like it's standard practice for the guys to strip down to their underwear, but I'm guessing it's not for girls since the med techs asked me to change into shorts and a T-shirt. Either way, won't hurt to be prepared.

Other than that, the first couple responses were spot on what I experienced. You'll also be filling out a long checklist of medical conditions and expect a ton of questions. Nothing most people wouldn't be able to answer off hand except perhaps family medical history as far back as the grandparents.

Yea.. there are quite a few questions I guess..it helps if you have a relatively clean family history of health I guess, that way you don't have to remember as much..I found it was easier that way anyways, but really that's out of your hands.

RossF said:
Yea..lol, my boxers didn't come off for my medical. Thankyfully.

You mean ......you didn't have to....um......."turn your head to the side and cough!"   ?     ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back