• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unsure on the military's stance on things like these, some places have a ZERO tolerance for things like that.

Gonz0 said:
I have a small dellima conscerning the drug test. I am expesed to second hand marijuana smoke once in a while due to my dumb @$$ roomate having no respect for what i am trying to do. Im just wondering if i should bother enroling or if i should go get a drug test done at a doctors office first?  Any advise is appreciated thank you

There is a handy little search feature on this site you can use. I put in the word 'drugs' and I was surprised how often this topic has been talked about already.

Just a guess, but maybe the second hand smoke has limited your spelling ability. How come you can spell marijuana  but not dilemma, concerning, worthiness, exposed, roommate or enrolling?

It's not your roommate's fault that you are willing to share a house with someone who is breaking the law. I think that's called guilty by association and one of the questions they ask on your enrollment forms is whether or not you hang around with people of questionable character. Think about it. Do you?

Does anyone have tea?

I can suspend my belief system to accept that as a possibility

2 sugars please

aren't these sarcastic posts just oozing with professionalism?

Woo HOO!  Passed the fitness test this afternoon :)  It was really easy. Now I just have to wait for a phone call from the unit to get sworn in!! So it's either May 30th or July 4th BMQ in Kingston or Meaford. I was told not to dismiss going on the 30th...wow that would be fast processing let me tell ya! Anyone in Ottawa joining the 28th Service Battalion going to BMQ on these dates? If yes do you know what location was finally chosen?  Thanks to all that posted  :salute:

Tbird said:
Woo HOO!  Passed the fitness test this afternoon :)  It was really easy. Now I just have to wait for a phone call from the unit to get sworn in!! So it's either May 30th or July 4th BMQ in Kingston or Meaford. I was told not to dismiss going on the 30th...wow that would be fast processing let me tell ya! Anyone in Ottawa joining the 28th Service Battalion going to BMQ on these dates? If yes do you know what location was finally chosen?  Thanks to all that posted  :salute:

thats great:D. I just finished my medical yesterday everything was ok, but I had to get an eye checkup just in case. I have my physical this Friday, I just hope I make it. the requirements seem a bit hard at first glance. lol

Have you been training at home or in the gym? If you can do the minimum sit ups and push ups already you'll be fine. As for the grip test put it this way. I do train, I am female and I got a total of 82...the pass is 50 for women. The pass for men is 75 I think. So i'm sure you'll be fine there. In the step test they play a tape, the woman says  up-2-3-down-2-3. You do that for 3 min then they stop you test your heart rate and you keep doing this process until your heart rate reaches it's max allowed. It only took me 2 sessions to reach it, same with the guy who was being tested with me. Oh as well they check your blood pressure before and after. I believe they calculate your numbers together and come to a final number. This number has to be in a certain range. So for a person who has high blood pressure or their heart beats way to fast after the step test is where they would have problems. If you've gone jogging and prepared yourself you'll do fine. The test itself is very easy. It's how your heart reacts to the activity is the trick  ;)  Good luck to ya!

Yup, I have been running for 20 minutes for about 2 weeks now. so the step test/pushups/situps won't be to hard. Just I have no idea about the hand grip, I want to think I can get 75 and over, and I never know . And that heart rate thing also worries me. But hey I'll do my best. :)

Ok the hand grip is a device the size of...a staple gun. If you look at the front of it you'll see numbers from 0 and up, with a needle on it. It is very light in weight. On the end opposite to the needle there is an opening to wrap your hand around it (like holding a plastic grocery bag) . You stretch your arm out to a 45 degree angle and as you bring the device towards your hip, you squeeze as hard as you can. When you look at the needle you'll see that it has moved to a certain number. They give you 2 tries for each hand, and combine your best scores from each hand. I got 41 on each. The guy that was tested with me got 50 on each. When you squeeze down on it, it doesn't feel like it moves very much but it does. Just make sure you place your hand in a way that you feel will benefit you the most. I adjusted my grip the second time around and I wrapped my fingers around one end a tad to far. Needed more of my palm to help squeeze. It'll make more sense when you see it. lol  But I didn't find it hard, just a bit awkward and I have long fingers lol

thanks a lot. I think I may have a good idea what it is now, hey and if they give us 2 tries that's even better. :)

old medic said:
diagnosis   - talking out his bum.

No prostate exam.
I am glad to see that things have changed in the past few years. I distinctly, uncomfortably, remember my first prostate exam during the army medical in 1971. Oh yes, they also added a couple of inches on my height for good measure.  :)

No problem MysticLies, good luck. I'm sure you'll do just fine.  :salute:

Congrats TBird! Way to go!

Mystic, I am an old woman and I passed the PT. Well, OK, not on the first try but that was because I was practising the wrong kind of pushups. Believe me, the fact that I finally passed it is proof positive that it's not impossible! To test your hand grip go to any sports store and ask to see their hand grips and give it a good try. Good luck! :salute:

Thanks NavComm! I'm not an old lady but I'm also not wet behind the ears. Turnin' 30 in June and I passed the fitness test with no problem. Glad to see you didn't give up and passed on your 2nd try! Are you finding the application process fast or slow? Mine has been rather quick I must say. So far no hang ups. Just waiting for the call now  ;D

thanks NavComm, If I fail the first time I will most likely try again ;D

my application process is going somewhat good, everything had to be done before June 12th, in order for me to go to BMQ this summer.I will be done everything by this Friday, I just hope time is on my side.  :)

TBird thanks! It actually took me 3 tries  :-[ but that's another story lol.

I'm finding the process quick. The only hold ups have been my fault. The DND here has been fantastic! I'm just waiting now for my med records from Borden, they went on May 2 so I think it's moving along as it should.

I started in December with my application. Take into account the Xmas holidays which was a slight delay. Once January came though everything started moving quick. I did my CFAT on a Saturday with about 20 other people. Then was scheduled for my PT (failed  :crybaby: ) that was rescheduled on one of those big recruiting days where I had my interview and medical and begged off the PT because I just wasn't ready. They rescheduled my PT and I passed it in April. So, all in all, pretty quick I think.

I'm applying for reserve, don't know if the process is the same for reg force? I'm hoping to do BMQ end of June.

MysticLies said:
thanks NavComm, If I fail the first time I will most likely try again ;D

Yes definately do it again if you don't pass. When I first went I couldn't even do one proper push up. That just made me want to try harder! My recruiter and the fitness tester at DND were full of encouragement too. When I finally passed I did the required push-ups for males under 35!

my application process is going somewhat good, everything had to be done before June 12th, in order for me to go to BMQ this summer.I will be done everything by this Friday, I just hope time is on my side.  :)

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back