• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a female going for a recruitment medical don't wear a thong or go without a bra.   There have been too many times where I have had to calm down my male medical techs. ;D

Note:  And it is not very professional.

hey Did you guys do your medical at the recruiting centers? because during my intervue the person just gave me a date, and forgot to tell me where? I am guessing its at the recruitment center right?

Rectal exams used to be done routinely as part of the over 40 medical.  Rectal/prostate exams are done only when other symptoms indicate the need.  Rectal exams only can give a lot of false positive information.  The prostate specific antigen (PSA) test is a blood test used to help in the early detection of prostate cancer. PSA, an ingredient of semen, is made by the prostate. Some PSA naturally leaks from the prostate into the bloodstream. The PSA test measures the amount of PSA in the blood. As a man ages, more PSA leaksinto the blood. Problems with the prostateâ ”such as prostatitis (prostate infection), BPH (benign prostatic enlargement), or cancerâ ”may cause extra PSA to enter the blood. A digital rectal exam or prostate biopsy can also raise PSA levels. If a PSA test shows higher than normal blood levels of PSA, other tests are necessary to help determine the cause of the increase.

MysticLies said:
hey Did you guys do your medical at the recruiting centers? because during my intervue the person just gave me a date, and forgot to tell me where? I am guessing its at the recruitment center right?

I had my CFAT, medical and interview all in the recruitment center, but I have no idea if that's standard practice for all CFRCs. Your best bet would probably be to call yours and confirm the location for your medical.

hello all,
Ok had my medical this morning. Everything is good. Only one possible hang up regarding speed of processing. I said I got a tension headache every 2 months or so,I take an advil and it goes away. The medic said it should be fine but if i get someone particularly picky in Borden they'll ask that i get a form signed by a physician. What do you think the chances are of this happening? Other then that I'm in absolute perfect health with all the test results. My fitness test is scheduled for May 24th. They do know I'm trying to make it in for BMQ May 30th. The medic put a rush on my file. Yes I know cutting it close. But thankfully everyone is really trying to get me in on time. I should have no issues with the fitness test. Just curious on the approval of my med test from Borden. Blood pressure, vision and hearing tests were awesome. The medic said I was really strong and in really good health  ;D  Fingers crossed all moves swiftly.

thats good to hear. Mine is on the May 25...I just hope I make it in time...because the due date for BMQ is June 10 or something like that.

yesterday my recruiter called my house, and told my mom that I had to get a letter or something from my doctor. I was at work, so I couldn't answer the phone, does any one know what I would need from a doctor before I do my medical.

The best bet would be to call the recruiting center and ask that question. I was only told about possible forms to get signed once my actual medical was done. If I had to they will call and let me know. The medic gave me that headache form just in case Borden does want that signature.

yea I will have to call them again most likely just in case. they gave me a forum during my interview but I didn't know if it was for my medical or for my doctor. lol

are you going to BMQ too? because I am going to BMQ in Borden but my due date for applying is June 10th while yours is May 30th

Yes, call the recruiting center, go in if possible. I had to get a couple letters for my medical. My medic I dealt with gave me the forms for my doctors to fill out. Still waiting for the med file to come back from Borden though, reminds me, gotta go call CFRC..

kincanucks said:
If you are a female going for a recruitment medical don't wear a thong or go without a bra.  There have been too many times where I have had to calm down my male medical techs. ;D

Note:  And it is not very professional.

That's hilarious.  Think some people do it on purpose?  ;)

BDTyre said:
That's hilarious.   Think some people do it on purpose?   ;)

Sometimes I wonder about that but I hear it gets really scary when the male applicants start doing it.

almost 2 years ago, when I first moved out of the house and into an apartment for university, there was a party one night. I had many to drink, and believe that I had half a puff of a thing of marijuana. I felt so terrible after that, honestly. I didn't like it either, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Since then I have turned it down dozens of times, and that was the only time that my body was exposed to marijuana smoke. Apart from very minor alcohol consumption, do any of you think it will pose a problem at all?

I am unsure of the guidelines they go by, and am only looking for opinions unless one of you is a recruiter. I felt like sh*t the next morning and was really disgraced with myself. I had many beers that night too, but that isn't an excuse for what happened.

Just looking for someone to comment with an experience relevant to this prehaps?

No other drugs have come in contact with me before or after that incident.

Just stay away from them, looks like you're doing a good job at it, keep it that way.

The CF has a ZERO tolerance policy on substance abuse. I am assuming you're looking into joining the CF, with that being said, stay clean, be honest about your past when you have your interview, and you will be fine.

I hope that you guys are right. Oh, I've been offered drugs many times before and since, and have turned them down. I didn't even like what I "experimented" with. I don't think half a puff(found it gagged my lungs, lol) would make the CF label me as a pot-head. I know the longterm effects of drugs and drug abuse, I have a paranoid-skitzophrenic drug-addict uncle who is always causing trouble, and rides the ambulance on almost a daily basis.

The key thing here is half a puff, was under the influence of alcohol, turned it down before and after that, haven't did anything besides that one half puff, I realize that I was a dumb@ss, and I plan to be fully honest with the recruiter(s). I'm just hoping they don't look at this and say "NO way buddy".

Fry said:
almost 2 years ago, when I first moved out of the house and into an apartment for university, there was a party one night. I had many to drink, and believe that I had half a puff of a thing of marijuana. I felt so terrible after that, honestly. I didn't like it either, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Since then I have turned it down dozens of times, and that was the only time that my body was exposed to marijuana smoke. Apart from very minor alcohol consumption, do any of you think it will pose a problem at all?

I am unsure of the guidelines they go by, and am only looking for opinions unless one of you is a recruiter. I felt like **** the next morning and was really disgraced with myself. I had many beers that night too, but that isn't an excuse for what happened.

Just looking for someone to comment with an experience relevant to this prehaps?

You must immediately check yourself into rehab and stay there for at least 6 months.   Are you freaking serious?   Please worry more about your common sense than about the time you accidentally smoke some pot two years ago.

Seriously people is there really no common dog out there anymore?   Do you think we are the ultra secret drug people and we have technology that can tell you smoked some pot two years ago?   I am sorry but shake your freaking head and move along.

I hereby propose that recruiting no longer screen for drugs but for common sense instead.

Good luck with your recruiting process.

PS: Of course I apologize to anyone who I may have offended with the harshness contain in the above post and if you now require a hug and a cup of tea I will provide such.

Fry said:

I am unsure of the guidelines they go by, and am only looking for opinions unless one of you is a recruiter. I felt like sh*t the next morning and was really disgraced with myself. I had many beers that night too, but that isn't an excuse for what happened.

OMG...stop !!  You are killing me  ;D You have abused alcohol ?  What kind of soldier drinks to excess ?  And you did a half-puff of grass.......You must immediately give up any hopes of being in the military........... ::)

No one in the military drinks...you could get killed by doing that !!!  hahaha

Cup of tea ?

Well said, kincanucks!

If a person can't figure out that taking a toke once - way back when the Spice Girls were still performing -  isn't going to show up on a blood or urine sample now, then how will they be able to figure out what to do in a serious situation? What if the commanding officer is hurt and you have to think for yourself? What if some guy in your barracks is selling crack? What if the post office is closed and you have a letter to mail? If 7 Eleven is open 24/7 then why do they put locks on the door?

Whoever said there are no stupid questions was dead wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back