• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
News flash!!!!!

You already bashed the police when you said most of the people you see smoking dope are police officers.

I'm getting the tea ready as Kincanucks is bound to read all this  ;D

Nav: While i did say that, I also said that i dont judge people because they smoke pot. Its wrong and frowned upon but they are all still a bunch of good guys none-the-less and i can see past the pot, unlike most people here -_-

Not everyone who smokes a little pot now and then is an evil person doomed forever to be a social outcast and an overall menace to society who may one day get a hold of a firearm and go apeshit on his local school or park.

This thread is rapidly approaching its expiration date.

i totally agree. This thread has gone to shit. its sad too..because i kinda did it :( sorry.

I went to another web forum full of people from various armys around the world, and told them what i told you. I hold their opinion above te one here, because i know the guys on the other forum....one guy said i have changed his live with my courage.

Piccillo said:
i totally agree. This thread has gone to shit. its sad too..because i kinda did it :( sorry.

I went to another web forum full of people from various armys around the world, and told them what i told you. I hold their opinion above te one here, because i know the guys on the other forum....one guy said i have changed his live with my courage.

whats that sound ?

Oh..its just my BS alarm going off !!

Infanteer.......i think you know what to do

If you join the CF and get involved with people that do whatever drugs, they have a very good chance of getting caught. This means you could get tangled up in it as well. A CF member at the recruiting centre told me today that you can get nailed with what I think is called a "Section 5f" or somethin like that, don't quote me on how valid it is, but it's section something..(Someone care to help? lol). Anywho he went on to mention that it'll ban you from ever getting a gov job in Canada or the USA, you can't cross the border, and it'll haunt you wherever you go. As well, you'll be doing time in military prison or somethin. This is what he told me.

:p im going to stop replying in this thread, it has served its purpose and i dont think im going to get any more usefull information out of the lot of you.

lock this post please -_-

Dude, you brought this on yourself by bashing some of Canada's finest, that has lost much respect for you there.

Piccillo said:
:p im going to stop replying in this thread, it has served its purpose and i dont think im going to get any more usefull information out of the lot of you.

lock this post please -_-

Was it something i said ?

;D

i wasnt going to reply, but that last comment cannot go un-answered.

bashing some of canadas finest? do you mean our army, or my local police force?

if you were saying the army, then im sorry but you have seem to firugred all wrong dude. I am trying my damned hardest to be one of the finest we have to offer. I have notihng but the highest repsect for every soldier dispite his MOS or length of service.

if you were talking about the police force, then i did kinda hit on them a little, but they are all still awsome guys who perform their duty quite well.

If this guy digs a trench as fast as he has dug himself into a hole in this thread who knows, he may make it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

2023 said:
CANFORGEN 097/05 ADM HR MIL 020 201321Z MAY 05
CHANGE TO ENROLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. TRIAL DIRECTIVE 5323-1(COS ADM(HR-MIL)) 15 MAY 04
B. TRIAL ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS 5671-2(COS CFRG) 5 JAN 05

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ANNOUNCE A CHANGE TO THE ENROLMENT MEDICAL PROCEDURE

BACKGROUND. AS A RESULT OF A REVIEW OF PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES) HR POLICIES A TRIAL WAS CONDUCTED TO DETERMINE THE FEASIBILITY OF EXPEDITING MEDICAL PROCEDURES FOR PRES RECRUIT APPLICANT ENROLMENT. THIS TRIAL INITIALLY INVOLVED THE PRIMARY RESERVE LAND FORCE ELEMENTS AND THE RECRUITING AND MEDICAL ASPECTS CONTROLLED BY ADM(HR-MIL). UNDER THIS TRIAL APPLICANTS WOULD BE ENROLLED INTO THE PRES AFTER BEING DEEMED MEDICALLY FIT BASED ON THE MEDICAL PART 2 WHILE PENDING FINAL MEDICAL PART 3 APPROVAL

TRIAL ANALYSIS RESULTS CONCLUDED THAT THE RISK OF ENROLLING A MEDICALLY UNFIT APPLICANT WAS MINIMAL AND ACCEPTABLE. ANY APPLICANTS SUBSEQUENTLY FOUND TO BE UNFIT ON THE MEDICAL PART 3 WILL BE RELEASED UNDER QR AND O 15.01 ITEM 5E (IRREGULAR ENROLMENT). THIS PROCEDURAL CHANGE HAS NOW BEEN ADOPTED ON A PERMANENT BASIS FOR ALL PRES APPLICANTS AND WILL BE ADOPTED FOR ALL REGULAR FORCE APPLICANTS EFFECTIVE 1 JUNE 05. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO CIC APPLICANTS. THE EXTENSION OF THIS PROCEDURE TO CIC APPLICANTS IS CURRENTLY THE SUBJECT OF ONGOING CONSIDERATION

Does this mean that the wait time for medical files from Borden has been eliminated (as far as merit listing is concerned) and enrollment can take place pending final results?  I have my medical tomorrow, and just wonder how this policy change affects my chances of being merit listed for 05 Sep.

If the Medical Technician or Physician Assistant determines that you are med fit Part II and once you have successfully completed the interview, background check and physical fitness test it is possible that you could be merit listed, selected and enrolled before the med part III is complete.  If your med part III comes back unfit then you will be released.

-- Quote --
i heard that if you've ever done PCP .. your application will be terminated immediately and you wont ever be able to reapply .. that would really suck
-- Quote --

I hope this is false!

-- Quote --
Certain drugs have certain time frames for restrictions.  Pot is generally 1 yr, LSD/Shrooms etc is 3 a yr restrictions
-- Quote --

I hope this is true!

When I filled out the drug questionnaire to the best of my memory, I have written that I did PCP one time, back in 1992. (I was 17 and this is the worst experience of my life)

I have also written that I smoke some marijuana between 1995 and 1999 (once every two month or so).

I have simply told the truth and I will definitely not lie about anything!

Does my application will be rejected automatically?

Regards,
Jo

Well,  I plan on telling the truth about what I have done in the past.  I have not smoked pot in 2 years (ever since I got serious about graduating college and wanting to become a fire fighter/army reservist).  I am guessing that if I tell them that they should be fine with it.

One thing I have noticed (which is irritating) is I know someone in the reserves that smoked pot casualy but stopped 3 months before his interview/phyical.  He told them that he tried it maybe twice and lied about doing it so soon before the interview and he got through fine.  Does the interview panel just hope people tell them the truth?

What you read here and what is reality is not always 100% in synch.
add a little bit of common sense to whatever you read.

WRT the information you provide - tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.
(get your story straight - as pointed out; don't write down one thing and say something else)

If you lie and are caught up at a later date.... you've committed an offence per the Code of service discipline and are subject to possible; fines, time & dismissal...... not worth the trouble.

On the subject of the interviewer......... it's obvious that everyone works from the same rulebook.... but not everyone reads it the same way..... but, as with anything... plan on facing a hardass.

IMHO

For those of you who are even pondering the idea of lying to your recruiter about past drug use, I have this to say to you. Sit down and take awhile to think about what you are doing. The recruiters refuse applications of recent drug users not because they don't like "druggies", but because they feel you could be a liability to the CF. I personally refuse to put my life in the hands of someone who could potentially have a flashback while in the heat of battle. Or even in training for that matter where live rounds are being practised with. So even if you think you can get away with lying to your recruiter, take into account that you may not only be putting yourself at risk, but also your fellow soldiers who's lives you are supposed to be protecting, not jeopardizing. I began my application process in 2004 and fessed up to using Ecstasy in June of 2002. When the recruiter told me that there was a 3 year waiting period from the time you last used this substance, I was heartbroken. But I sucked it up and used that time to better myself for when the time came that I did get accepted. And now that time is here and I've never felt better. I've been selected for the Infantry trade and am going October 3rd to my BMQ. I have nothing to feel guilty about because I was completely honest during my application process. So if you want to lie to your recruiter and fake your way into the CF, than so be it. You'll pay the consequences later. I'm sure it is very difficult to defend your country and risk your life when you have no honour or pride, because you gave that up when you lied. Take this application process very seriously. You are beginning a new life by entering the CF. Why not start over and rid your life of lies and deception?

Bradboy said:
For those of you who are even pondering the idea of lying to your recruiter about past drug use, I have this to say to you. Sit down and take awhile to think about what you are doing. The recruiters refuse applications of recent drug users not because they don't like "druggies", but because they feel you could be a liability to the CF. I personally refuse to put my life in the hands of someone who could potentially have a flashback while in the heat of battle. Or even in training for that matter where live rounds are being practised with. So even if you think you can get away with lying to your recruiter, take into account that you may not only be putting yourself at risk, but also your fellow soldiers who's lives you are supposed to be protecting, not jeopardizing. I began my application process in 2004 and fessed up to using Ecstasy in June of 2002. When the recruiter told me that there was a 3 year waiting period from the time you last used this substance, I was heartbroken. But I sucked it up and used that time to better myself for when the time came that I did get accepted. And now that time is here and I've never felt better. I've been selected for the Infantry trade and am going October 3rd to my BMQ. I have nothing to feel guilty about because I was completely honest during my application process. So if you want to lie to your recruiter and fake your way into the CF, than so be it. You'll pay the consequences later. I'm sure it is very difficult to defend your country and risk your life when you have no honour or pride, because you gave that up when you lied. Take this application process very seriously. You are beginning a new life by entering the CF. Why not start over and rid your life of lies and deception?

Excellent post and with that attitude I predict nothing but good for your career in the CF.  :cdn: :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back