• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

airmich said:
My PER says my initiative is 30 however on my initiative medal it says I only have 15.  And no, I'm not currently using any bonus credits that are only effective for a certain amount of time.

I think it's that you've only actually spent 15MPs 'buying' initiative, but - for timer & PER purposes - each one of those 15 equals "2" minutes ... or 30 if you double your 15.

airmich said:
My PER says my initiative is 30 however on my initiative medal it says I only have 15.  And no, I'm not currently using any bonus credits that are only effective for a certain amount of time.

I think it's because he doubled the effect of initiate. So on your initiative file is "how much" initiatve you gained whereas on your medal is "how many times you put 1 point into initiative".

I just came up with a good idea. Maybe you could add a care package to the game that gets issued when the daily MP bonus is issued. It would be randomly awarded (say, to 5% of the AO members), and it would provide bonuses in AtD/Initiative/CR/Reputation for x hours.

So, you're one of the lucky 5% who gets a care package tonight, and in reward, you receive +10 initiative for 24 hours, and +10 AtD for 24 hours (the amounts could also be randomly generated).

Another idea that sprouted for that is having another tab at the top of the page called Timmies. At Timmies, you could go buy a Honey Cruller, or a Double Double which also give you some sort of bonus, but less (so maybe +1 initiative for 24 hours). Timmies could unlock at level 15 or something.

crooks.a said:
I just came up with a good idea. Maybe you could add a care package to the game that gets issued when the daily MP bonus is issued. It would be randomly awarded (say, to 5% of the AO members), and it would provide bonuses in AtD/Initiative/CR/Reputation for x hours.

So, you're one of the lucky 5% who gets a care package tonight, and in reward, you receive +10 initiative for 24 hours, and +10 AtD for 24 hours (the amounts could also be randomly generated).

Another idea that sprouted for that is having another tab at the top of the page called Timmies. At Timmies, you could go buy a Honey Cruller, or a Double Double which also give you some sort of bonus, but less (so maybe +1 initiative for 24 hours). Timmies could unlock at level 15 or something.

This should be in suggestions not problems & bugs.

Whoops. I clicked on the wrong thread... I'll repost this there. Can a mod delete the one here?

Hi, quick question...

Does the army.ca "1 hour online" MP bonus work?  I haven't noticed it in the game, or on the forums at all.

I would like the ability to sell items to be in :crybaby:
If not that, then at least the ability to bring your receipt to the store and bring back your most recent purchase.
Nothing more annoying than to buy supplies for a mission, find out that you're missing 5 MilPoints for the 2nd or 3rd part of the purchase and now you're stuck with 2MilPoints.

Or maybe when you try to purchase something, if you don't have enough MilPoints for all of it "Not enough MilPoints to complete purchase".

Good feedback guys! I like the care package idea... definitely taking some notes on that one. :) I'll also see what I can do about the item purchases too. The game was carefully designed to be balanced, so a major change like selling items back could cause an unexpected imbalance.

bdave said:
Using this:

(1440 - 2 * Initiative ) / Max CR

I get: (1440 - 2*52)/194 = (1440-104)/194 = 1336/194 = 6.886
or 6 minutes and 52 seconds.
Yet my timer says 7 minutes 10.
Is there something I'm missing?

Your problem was the same as Mich's... Initiative is shown as the number of minutes knocked off your timer, not the "point" value of the stat. So having a 52 there means you have an initiative of 26.

That's confusing, so I've fixed it. It now displays the base value (26) instead of trying to be 'smart' and showing the timer (00:52).

The title on the tabs in Firefox is showing the web address instead of "Afghan Operations on Facebook" on the following tabs: Training, AOR, Medals, Stats.

Its an intermittent problem for me, seems like its loading the title twice. The proper title will show, then go to loading, and show the web address.

It seems that some people are linking more than one Facebook account, causing MP bonuses in the thousands.

Use this as an example: http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=100000094136041

I'm not sure if this is a bug that is happening, or if these users are just somehow linking multiple Facebook accounts with their Milnet account, but it seems that it is common (the top four earners today have linked accounts more than once).

crooks.a said:
I'm not sure if this is a bug that is happening, or if these users are just somehow linking multiple Facebook accounts with their Milnet account, but it seems that it is common (the top four earners today have linked accounts more than once).

Wow!!

HUGE glitch there & not just today ...

:-X

Thanks Alex, I believe I've plugged that hole. Tomorrow I'll go through the logs and adjust those who managed to exploit it, especially if it looks like it was purposeful.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting hours now for my CR to refill so I can advance....and after building up to where I had "enough".....stupid me, failed to read the numbers....I need 35 points for that mission, not 30.....another 38 minutes to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am getting the following error message when trying to recce the FOB at Spin Boldak ...

[Edited to remove your facebook ID, just in case :) ]

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks Alex, I believe I've plugged that hole. Tomorrow I'll go through the logs and adjust those who managed to exploit it, especially if it looks like it was purposeful.

First of all kudos for a great game.  :nod:
Is it possible I got "adjusted" when you were fixing the exploit above?
I was sure I had 909 MP last night when I logged off but when I signed back on today I was down to 409. I've only linked my own personal FB account.

Back