• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PROCESSING TIMES: A 2003/2004 BREAKDOWN.

Has Med Branch explained why they can only afford that many? Are these uniformed pers or could civilians do the same job (perhaps you dont know personally, Kincancucks, but if any med pers around here do know...)

Also.. if this is just a "well we dont think recruiting is a high enough priority for us" for the Med Branch... is that not what Senior Leadership is for? Or is this just all branches doing what they can to support each other and keep afloat?

Meridian said:
Has Med Branch explained why they can only afford that many? Are these uniformed pers or could civilians do the same job (perhaps you dont know personally, Kincancucks, but if any med pers around here do know...)

Also.. if this is just a "well we dont think recruiting is a high enough priority for us" for the Med Branch... is that not what Senior Leadership is for? Or is this just all branches doing what they can to support each other and keep afloat?

Resources are tight all over.  Even the Med Tech that works for me is actually posted to the base hospital and not to recruiting.

kincanucks said:
  As for med files they are sent to Borden via courier and the med world is so paranoid about patient confidentiality that they have vehemently resisting any attempts to send med files electronically.

Next time someone raises that point get them to call me and I will personally tell them couriers are NOT secure. I was lucky, I got my med file back. There are a few others just sitting around wondering what's taking so long (if your med file is taking awhile don't be paranoid this is a VERY low percentage). How much worse could electronic be? Couriers (Canada Post) have already shown to me they are not 100% reliable.

Copper_ said:
Next time someone raises that point get them to call me and I will personally tell them couriers are NOT secure. I was lucky, I got my med file back. There are a few others just sitting around wondering what's taking so long (if your med file is taking awhile don't be paranoid this is a VERY low percentage). How much worse could electronic be? Couriers (Canada Post) have already shown to me they are not 100% reliable.

No kidding.  It's scary how many troops in our regiment have been screwed out of component transfers for months on end because 'my medical file got lost'.
Which leads to next questions: A)What does a Med Tech need to do/examine on a recruit's medical file that couldn't have been done by the medical examiner at the CFRC?  B)  Since it's obvious that some of these files ARE getting lost somewhere in the transfer from CFRC's to Borden, would it not be more cost effective and greatly reduce processing times to have a Med Tech present AT major CFRCs instead of concentrated in Borden to go over medical files at the source?

PatrickM said:
No kidding.   It's scary how many troops in our regiment have been screwed out of component transfers for months on end because 'my medical file got lost'.
Which leads to next questions: A)What does a Med Tech need to do/examine on a recruit's medical file that couldn't have been done by the medical examiner at the CFRC?   B)   Since it's obvious that some of these files ARE getting lost somewhere in the transfer from CFRC's to Borden, would it not be more cost effective and greatly reduce processing times to have a Med Tech present AT major CFRCs instead of concentrated in Borden to go over medical files at the source?

Med Technicians ARE employed at all CFRC/Ds and you certainly wouldn't want a Medical Examiner working at a CFRC/D because they only look after dead people.  Copper has brought up one instance where some mail was stolen and this reportedly involved his medical file.  It is not obvious that medical files are getting lost because they aren't being lost.

would it not be more cost effective and greatly reduce processing times to have a Med Tech present AT major CFRCs instead of concentrated in Borden to go over medical files at the source?

The medical files have to be reviewed in Borden by a Medical Officer and Senior Med Techs/Physician Assistants because Sergeant Medical Technicians do the medicals at the CFRC/Ds.

It's scary how many troops in our regiment have been screwed out of component transfers for months on end because 'my medical file got lost'.

What a load of crap.

kincanucks said:
  Copper has brought up one instance where some mail was stolen and this reportedly involved his medical file.   It is not obvious that medical files are getting lost because they aren't being lost.

Ya I probably should have made my point a little better. All I was trying to say was that the current system of couriers (Canada Post) isn't completely confidential or secure. If the CF started using electronic transmissions or some sort of internal mail would this work better?

My case, as far as I know, has been exclusive to my recruitng centre and only involved a few medical files. The only concern is, if it can happen at one CFRC it can happen at others.

kincanucks said:
Med Technicians ARE employed at all CFRC/Ds and you certainly wouldn't want a Medical Examiner working at a CFRC/D because they only look after dead people.   Copper has brought up one instance where some mail was stolen and this reportedly involved his medical file.   It is not obvious that medical files are getting lost because they aren't being lost.

would it not be more cost effective and greatly reduce processing times to have a Med Tech present AT major CFRCs instead of concentrated in Borden to go over medical files at the source?

The medical files have to be reviewed in Borden by a Medical Officer and Senior Med Techs/Physician Assistants because Sergeant Medical Technicians do the medicals at the CFRC/Ds.

It's scary how many troops in our regiment have been screwed out of component transfers for months on end because 'my medical file got lost'.

What a load of crap.

kincanucks, thanks for clairification on how the medical system works in regards to recruiting, it's obvious my knowledge about such things is pretty low

however, i'm sticking to my guns on the lost medicals thing.  Two out of the last three troops to component transfer or attempt it were told that their medical file had been lost and that part would have to be done over again.  If you don't believe me I can pm you with their names/ranks and you can check it out yourself if you have access (I don't really know how confidentiality would apply in this situation).

however, i'm sticking to my guns on the lost medicals thing.  Two out of the last three troops to component transfer or attempt it were told that their medical file had been lost and that part would have to be done over again.  If you don't believe me I can pm you with their names/ranks and you can check it out yourself if you have access (I don't really know how confidentiality would apply in this situation).

Or

Big difference and how were the med files lost?  After their component transfer medicals or after their original enrolment?

If after their component transfer medical then yes someone in the recruiting system screwed but if they were lost after their original enrolment then the unit screwed up.

The system is definitely not perfect but remember there are two separate entities to the recruiting processing: the administrative side and the medical side.  The medical definitely does not want to integrate with the administrative side for fear of losing patient confidentiality.  Will this be rectified in the future?  One can only hope.  However, the lost of medical files in recruiting is a very rare occurrence and not a custom.

First of all, thanks for these figures. Helps understanding what CFRC/D tries to do and what they are faced with.

kincanucks said:
2. What would be ideal for processing times:

A=complete application received (med docs and prior service records received if applicable).

CFAT                                     A+14 days
Medical 1,2                             A+14
Medical 3                                A+44
ERC                                       A+28
PT Test                                 A+21
MCC Interview                         A+14
Selection Board                       A+47
Offer                                     A+54 to 97
Enrolment                              A+75 to 188

Ok, I speak only of what I know here. For CFRC Montreal, the track is: CFAT, PT Test, MCC Interview, Medicals and ERC. Don't know how they can manage in any way being able to schedule an interview within A+14. CFAT and PT test delays are accurate in that CFAT is in group and not depending on applicant choices, same for all. PT test is not held at CFRC, but at nearby Nautilus Plus and CFB Montreal (or whatever they call it, in the east part of Montreal). As far as I know, they don't do batch test (CFAT, PT, Medical and interview) for those living in Montreal. People outside of Montreal will rather go to other medium cities CFRCs, I really don't know how they can stick to these processing objectives as there was a month of delay for interview with MCC. For the rest, can't judge, but seems quite accurate for CFRC Montreal.

kincanucks said:
3. Realty (based on a sampling of three thousand enrolled Reg F files (Officers and NCMs).   Res F numbers were lower for obivious reasons:

Processed (CFAT, Medical 1,2, Medical 3, ERC, PT Test, and MCC Interview):

25% < 77 days
50% <129 days
75% <224 days
10% >1 year

From Selection board to offer to enrolment:

25% <42 days
50% <65 days
75% <120 days
3% >300 days

Is it me or 25+50+75+3=153% ? The numbers are cumulative rather than exclusive. But, now, how you end up with 100% of applicants? You have three chunks of 25%, totalizing 75%, but only 10% and 3% for the rest, where are the other 15% and 22% ?

Thanks for all kincanucks , it is always best the source of information for the recruits!!

:) go to recruting office hihihi.

MdB said:
Is it me or 25+50+75+3=153% ?

25% <42 days
50% <65 days
75% <120 days  <----- up to here 75% are accounted for
Here 22% are between 120 and 300 days, this leaves:           
3% >300 days

I am only repeating the numbers given to me by higher and I am as statistically challenged as most so your guess is as good as mine.

Thirstyson said:
25% <42 days
50% <65 days
75% <120 days   <----- up to here 75% are accounted for
Here 22% are between 120 and 300 days, this leaves:            
3% >300 days

Duh... this is a mind trick. Should have figured this out... ???

Well I've completed everything in the recruiting process from CFAT, medical, and physical and passed it all. That was two weeks ago. They said they would phone me as soon as they get my file.

Anyways my friend who is also in the reserves as infantry told me that I should phone back very often to see how my file is doing because he said that they won't phone me. I called back two times and both times they said that my file wasn't ready yet and there are a lot of paper work to go through before my file is completed and sent off to the place where I'll be working at.

I'm gonna be joining the 25th service battalion and they told me that Supply Technician is in high demand for the next six months, so thats the trade I went for.

Anyone have an ideal how long it usually takes for them to send your file to the place that your gonna work at? Also should I listen to my friend and keep phoning back about once every week or just wait it out for a phone call?

Thanks for any help guys.

Commitment217 said:
Well I've completed everything in the recruiting process from CFAT, medical, and physical and passed it all. That was two weeks ago. They said they would phone me as soon as they get my file.

Anyways my friend who is also in the reserves as infantry told me that I should phone back very often to see how my file is doing because he said that they won't phone me. I called back two times and both times they said that my file wasn't ready yet and there are a lot of paper work to go through before my file is completed and sent off to the place where I'll be working at.

I'm gonna be joining the 25th service battalion and they told me that Supply Technician is in high demand for the next six months, so thats the trade I went for.

Anyone have an ideal how long it usually takes for them to send your file to the place that your gonna work at? Also should I listen to my friend and keep phoning back about once every week or just wait it out for a phone call?

Thanks for any help guys.

Anywhere else you want to post this?  Call the reserve unit that you have applied to and ask them to check on your file.

Back