• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Psychological Operations

opp550

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that in the US Army, they have a specific MOS to deal with Psyops. My question is: Which MOSID in the CF would be the one responsible for carrying out psyops? I've tried looking, but I could not find anything relevant to my question. Are psyops even a significant part of CF operations? Thank you in advance.

Military Intelligence

INT Officers may be employed in:

* Tactical, Operational and Strategic Analysis
    * Imagery Intelligence (IMINT)
    * Electronic Warfare (EW)
    * Human Intelligence (HUMINT)
    * Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
    * Military Information Support Operations (MISO or Psychological Operations)
    * Information Operations (IO)
    * Interrogation Management
    * Counter Intelligence (CI)
    * Targeting Intelligence
    * Policy Development and Project Management (as staff officers)

Pegcity said:
Military Intelligence

INT Officers may be employed in:

* Tactical, Operational and Strategic Analysis
    * Imagery Intelligence (IMINT)
    * Electronic Warfare (EW)
    * Human Intelligence (HUMINT)
    * Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
    * Military Information Support Operations (MISO or Psychological Operations)
    * Information Operations (IO)
    * Interrogation Management
    * Counter Intelligence (CI)
    * Targeting Intelligence
    * Policy Development and Project Management (as staff officers)

???

What the heck are you talking about?

Just to clarify:  Psy Ops is not a MOC or MOSID, it is open to any Trade.  It has nothing to do with INT as you seem to be pointing out.

You don't have to be in Int to do PsyOps, I know Combat Arms guys who have been employed in the Tactical Psy Ops teams.

Does anyone have any information on how to join PSYOPS. The only information I've uncovered is it's a course taken at PSTC. Are there any actual dedicated PSYOP units on an ORBAT anywhere?

There are PSYOPS elements within each Army Reserve brigade and a full time Influence Activities Task Force. 

Back