• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pt gear?

bojangles

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if we are to bring our own pt gear or is it issued? I know we have to bring our own runing shoes but what about shorts/t-shirt? Also, what about swim suits?

Bojangles

for reserves we bring our own, i dont know about regs. and make sure you get good running shoes that are good for your feet. at the running room they will do a free foot assessment to make sure you get the right shoes so you will minimize your chances of injury

If you are referring to reg force basic training, yes they will give you all the PT gear you need, including a swim suite.

Clipse said:
Can you bring your own suit?

You can bring whatever you want, you just won't be wearing it. Uniformity is the name of the game on basic training, that means everyone wears the same birth control speedo or pseudo shorts that you're issued.

The swimsuits for men could be better described as "Banana Hammocks" as for the pt gear, it's grey shorts with white t-shirts and grey trim, a regular fashion statement both   :p

Ha Ha, a banana hammock man, cmon, the swim trunks provided are shiny blue spandex, whilst doffed it makes it look like a banana in a hammock Si? ;D

Island Ryhno said:
Ha Ha, a banana hammock man, cmon, the swim trunks provided are shiny blue spandex, whilst doffed it makes it look like a banana in a hammock Si? ;D

That's awesome! We always called them birth control shorts since you never had to worry about picking up a lady while wearing those things.

I'd imagine they also  have some adverse effect on sperm count as well... They hang for a reason...  :p

rats, I can feel the shortening of my soldiers already

FYI, they'll also issue you a sweatsuit - heavy greay material.  IMO, excellent gear - just be sure to wash it separately the first time - the dye in it runs like you wouldn't believe.

LOL Banana Hammok are they really ugly and unbearingly tight on the package? Cause my  buddy won't enjoy that sort of treatment!

I was issued normal swim trunks in st.jean last summer...indistinguishable from something one could pick up at giant tiger or something

Back