• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question of the Hour

Massena commanded the successful withdrawal, though command of the withdrawal was first given to Marshal Jean Lannes who was wounded and later died during the effort.

back to the early 18th I see okay,

Stalin issued on the 3rd of July 1941, a post-anovleniye or decree similar to the one issued by Czar Alexender in October-December 1812. What was the common theme of these decrees ?

Would this be that all citizens must join together to fight the invader to defend holy mother Russia?

RedLeaf,

Correct "essentially a decree to create intolerable conditions for the invaders" Werth Alexander, Russia at War.

Who was one of George Washington's main fundraisers, to the point that he was known as 'the financier of the revolution?'

Name the defected British admiral involved in independence in South America. What was his flagships name?

Rifleman,
Thomas Cochrane his flagship was the O'Higgins 1820
Source pg.816 The Encyclopedia of Military History

In 1941 a submarine was sunk in the Straits of Juan de Fucca. What nationality was this submarine and what was the nationality of the vessel which sank this sub? Bossi gave me the inspiration for this.

Sorry Larry no Japanese submarines sunk in Canadian waters. Now that is not to say that Japanese submarines did not do some sinking. Date for the question is October 11, 1942

Sorry Redleaf -no
but it was a US sub at one time sold it to someone else.

Every day at sun set the Last Post and Revielle (revelle) are blown.
Where is this done?

Spr.Earl said:
Every day at sun set the Last Post and Revielle (revelle) are blown.
Where is this done?
2000hrs local...each day at the Menin Gate. Also happens to be where my great-uncle (grave unknown) who died during Passchendaele is memorialized.

armyvern said:
2000hrs local...each day at the Menin Gate. Also happens to be where my great-uncle (grave unknown) who died during Passchendaele is memorialized.
That was a fast answer. :salute:
It's done for all who lost there lives in WWI but mainly those who lost their lives at Passchendaele.

I have the mp track's for the Last Post and Revieille from the Menin Gate but the site does not support the file's.
Quite moving,hearing so many bugle's calling.

On the assault of Vimy Ridge 3 V.C's were awarded.To whom and which Battalion's did the belong to?

Private William Milne of the 16th Battalion, Lance-Sergeant Ellis Sifton of the 18th Battalion and Captain Thain MacDowell of the 38th Battalion if I'm not mistaken.

Back