• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R.I.P.Trooper Marc Diab 8 March 2009

Hi,
My name is Hani Diab, the father of Trooper Marc Diab.
First of all I like to thank everyone who supported us during the hard times, we really appreciate it. I would like also to express our support to the Canadian Forces in general and the ones serving in Afghanistan in particular. We stand by you and pray for your safe return.
Second, I would like to share with you the website that we created for Marc.
If you have a moment please visit www.marcdiab.org and sign the guestbook.
Thank you all
God Bless

We mourn with you, Mr. Diab - thank you for sharing the link.

Thank-you, Sir, for everything that you and your family have contributed, and for posting here.

You are in good company in this place.

If we can be of any help at all, please let us know.

Loachman said:
Thank-you, Sir, for everything that you and your family have contributed, and for posting here.

You are in good company in this place.

If we can be of any help at all, please let us know.
Loachman summed it up pretty well for me.

Thank you, Mr. Diab. You're son will forever be in our minds, as well as the family and friends he left behind.

FH

Mr. Diab
What a wonderful site you have put up in memory of your son.  I was in the battlegroup with him, but I'm sad to say I didn't know him personally.  I thank you for the opportunity to visit the site you created, as well as to see more of your son through your memories.

:salute:

Thank you for sharing your memories of Trooper Diab.

I am a proud Canadian, a father who lost his only son on March 8 2009 when  I received the sad news that my Hero son Trooper Marc diab has been killed by a  road side bomb.I could not believe it, he was in the army for 3 years , and it was only 3 weeks to come home and get engaged to his girlfriend suddenly all plans changed ...I wonder with our army and the high Tec we cant still detect those bombs although our Army has all kind of sophisticated equipments to find those Bombs. If for a reason you don't know Marc please visit his website www.marcdiab.com, which me and his mother and in his memory to keep his life alive we created it by a professional, he has lots of pictures since he was young and in the army too.
God bless our troops overseas in Afghanistan and all around the world and bless our peaceful country Canada.  :cdn:

MOD Edit:  To remove colouring of the text - members reported difficulty reading the original red text.

You've set up an amazing tribute to your son, and have every right to be proud of him.  Thank you for sharing a glimpse into his life.

I hope you find strength in your memories of Marc.  He will not be forgotten.

Thank you for sharing this, sir. I'm sure your son will not be forgotten.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's the link to the tribute thread for Tpr Diab.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/84521.0

What a wonderful & loving tribute to your son.  I'm very sorry for your loss.

Raye

Thank you for sharing your loving tribute to your son, and thank you for your family's sacrifice.

Phenomenal tribute to your son.  I see everything that is good about our country on that site and thank you for your sacrifice.  :salute:

Even though retired from the mlitary since before the war, I have witnessed the departure of five of our finest young men from Afghanistan for the long trip home. I think about the rest....often. What might have been, those they loved and what they wanted to do with life. Your son was a true hero, something many in this country who have never served will never understand. Thank you for sharing this with us and God Bless.

Mr. Diab
I was in the BG with Marc; however, I didn't know him.  With over 1200 members, it wasn't uncommon to see people at the end of the tour, people you knew from years before, and only then finding out that they were over there with you.
Soon after you posted your memorial site, I visited it, back in May I believe.  I have it saved as one of my favourites in my browser, and every once in a while, I visit it.  It is a classy site, very well done, and it is quite the honour for your son.  Thank you for having it created.

:salute:

I too was on TF 3-08 with Marc. I didn't personally know him either, but from those who did know him I've only heard great things. Very nice tribute site, Mr. Diab. Cheers.  :salute:

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/404919--park-named-for-fallen-soldier

Jan 14, 2010

Park named for fallen soldier

A park just behind St. Joseph Secondary School will be named for Marc Diab, the Mississauga soldier who was killed by a roadside bomb while serving in Afghanistan last March 8.
City councillors unanimously supported the recommendation at a general committee meeting yesterday.

The park, now known as Whitehorn Park, is located on Whitehorn Ave. just east of St. Joseph Secondary School, where Diab attended classes after his family arrived in Canada from Lebanon in 2000.
The Diab family lived in the neighbourhood for most of his youth.
"Marc leaves a lasting legacy to his community and the nation with his strong leadership and involvement with youth," Commissioner of Community Services Paul Mitcham said in a report to councillors.

Last March 17, hundreds of mourners, including representatives from Peel Regional Police, Toronto Police, the RCMP and the Canadian military, packed Our Lady of Lebanon Church in Toronto to give their final salute to the fallen soldier.
Diab's family, including his father, Hani, and mother, Jihan, followed the flag-draped casket into the church.
"Marc was a very talented person," Father Emmanuel Nakhle told mourners. "He was creative and participated in youth activities in the parish," the priest said, adding Diab ran several summer church groups for youths. "He was an example of faith and dedication to the church and to our community. He was just a comforting and caring person."

The plaque bearing the new name of the park, Trooper Marc Diab Park, will be unveiled at the March 10 City council meeting. Diab's family has been invited to attend.
jstewart@mississauga.net

Back